[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent for Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

This could be more suited to trv/ but I'll try my luck here too.
I'm looking for a tent that I can travel with easily, that is small and relatively light and can attach easily to a backpack
Does anyone have any recommendations, I was looking at pic related, any one have experience with it
>>
>>932987
Any tent not made for car camping.
What are you looking for exactly?

Number of people?
3 seasons, 4 seasons?
Price? Weight?
>>
>>933000
A small tent I can attach to my backpack and travel around Europe with in summer(although it would be Sweden/Norway so itll be cold). 2 person would be ideal but it cant be massive or heavy as I would be carrying it around
>>
>>933007
Go to tarptent and look if there is anything you like.

I would recommand Shelter Jamet it's cheap and light but condensation is a bitch.
>>
>>933017
Cheers
>>
>>932987
Listen, small tent is a bitch.
Mine is like a cadillac (it was for 2 people)
>>
>>933026
If I'm backpacking I dont want to be lugging around a massive tent
Also I plan to go to atleast one festival so I think it can be bigger than 2-2.5m squared
>>
>>933007
This summer I carried around a double tent, it's not a big deal but you feel like at home in a large tent.
You rather take a lighter sleeping bag although I mess around the southern+ med islands europe only.
>>
I'm looking at the tarptent protrail and notch, anyone ever seen/heard of these they look slick and ultralight
>>
Alpkit make good gear. No experience with their tents but I've owned plenty of their other gear.

NFI why you're considering the Ordos 3 rather than the Ordos 2.

>2 man tent
>1.3kg
>use with or without inner
>>
>>933049
>NFI why you're considering the Ordos 3 rather than the Ordos 2.
Sorry, it was the Ordos 2 I was looking at, didnt realise I took the wrong picture
>>
>>933058
it's good gear mate, if you want to go lighter than 1.3kg you're either gonna have to spend big bucks or consider alternatives to a tent, which IMO for the weight saving is hardly worth it in the context of back packing.
>>
I use a Zpacks Solplex. It weights like 15 ounces, you can literally keep it in your pocket, so easy to travel with.
>>
There's absolutely no point bringing a nice tent to a music festival. It will get trashed. Really you don't need a tent unless your going full budget mode and don't want to pay for a hostel. Unless your hiking in the arctic circle in autumn or winter, you only need a cheap decathlon 2 person tent. 30 USD and your done. It's a nice two layer tent that somehow survived despite me taking it to the arctic circle in summer.
>>
That Alpkit tent is trash. It will fail on you quickly because its a chinese shit-sewn tent purchased from near slave-labor factories and a neat logo is then placed on it from Alpkit.

I have several items they "make" and they are all garbage that have at least one issue each or have broken within a month of light use.

They also have no honor (honour) for warranties, at least on the stuff I had that broke.
>>
>>932987
Stop looking at all these meme tents and get this:
MSR Hubba Hubba

Affordable - $400
Light - 1.54Kg
Durable - for a light tent, its quite resilient
Versatile - Can set up only the fly
Compact - Mine packed down is the size of a large loaf of bread
https://www.msrgear.com/catalog/product/view/id/17040/s/hubba-hubba-nx
>>
>>934504
>affordable
>$400
Thank you greatest ally.
>>
>>934510
Compared to most other ultralights, it is affordable.

Or you could buy an REI/MEC special for 250 and hope it holds up.
>>
>>934518
Why shouldn't I just buy some tarp and rope for $50? Tents are a meme.
>>
>>934523
I use tarps all the time. But for this anon they won't do.
>>
>>934504
What about something I can buy in Europe.
>>
I've been autistically researching tents for the past couple of hours and I came to the conclusion that the Naturehike Cloud UP2 was the best travel tent. It's a chink copy of a Big Agnes Fly Creek that retails for 300 dorras but it's apparently a pretty damn good copy.
>>
>>934523
Because mosquitoes bite and I hate spiders?
>>
File: banshee-200-ten_7FAD50CE_large.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
banshee-200-ten_7FAD50CE_large.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
>>932987

Vango Banshee tents are real cheap and good, i have a 3 man, its not ultralightweight but it doesnt matter because im not a pussy and i can carry 500 grams more
>>
>>932987
I´d suggest a Northface Stormbreak 1, it´s pretty cheap (130$ + ~15$ more to replace the godawful pegs it comes with), durable and has an ok weight for a freestanding Tent. Only downside is that it´s pretty tiny, I´d guess with 6" I´m pretty much max size for it.
>>
>>932987
given your budget check out sixmoon designs, tarp tent, or even bear paw wilderness.
>>
>>934518
lmao you can get a sub 2lb shelter for two people for way less than $400. Cottage manufacturers too well crafted stuff.
>>
File: luna2_4_large.jpg (220KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
luna2_4_large.jpg
220KB, 800x600px
>>932987
>>933007
Sounds like you're looking for a pyramid tent.
They're super light, and legit stormproof true 4 season.

You have to bring a groundsheet since it's floorless which can bother some people but man I love it. A good pyramid tent would run you around $250 maybe a little more or less depending on dealz.
>>
>>937349
ever heard the expression 'the straw that broke the camals back'

>>935485
Ill check it out
>>937438
Pity I'm 6'1''

Cheers for the suggestions so far guys
>>
>>937438
Also for a noob, could you recommend some pegs to go along with it
>>
>>937499
any particular brand you would recommend
>>
>>937438
I have the Talus which is kinda the same and it's a really good tent so I do recommend TNF tents and bags. Even if their clothes got shitty because they were hijacked by mall teens.
>>
>>938249
https://www.rei.com/product/829838/msr-mini-ground-hog-stake
I think I got these. Generally speaking, anything small and not a straight stee rodl is a substantial improvement
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.