[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I need a pair of good work gloves. Nothing fancy. Just for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: gloves[1].jpg (284KB, 715x816px) Image search: [Google]
gloves[1].jpg
284KB, 715x816px
So I need a pair of good work gloves.
Nothing fancy. Just for chopping work/general camp stuff.
What gloves does /out/ use?
I hear mechanix are good but there's roughly 3 million different types.
>>
>>932298
Regular leather work gloves.
For winter gloves, either leather work gloves with a liner glove underneath, or Black Diamond Dirt Bag.
>>
What kind of gloves are those in the pic?
>>
File: Kinco.png (3MB, 1600x1405px) Image search: [Google]
Kinco.png
3MB, 1600x1405px
K I N C O
I
N
C
O
>>
>>932304
literally right click and google search, HEAT 3 Smart gloves, 165$
>>
>>932298
I have worked.many different jobs.over my life, but never as aan mechanic. mechanix gloves are acceptable to use at most, but not that great at all.

it all depends on what type of work you are doing. but since you are so nonspecific, my guess is light yard duty. go to home depot and get a pack of leather gloves. the cheap ones. faggot.
>>
>>932329
Not him, but how is that done on Android 6.0.1?
>>
File: IMG_1746.png (267KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.png
267KB, 640x1136px
>>932357
Idk about Android, but glorious iPhone works like pic related. Click the little three dots and it will bring up that list.
>>
I use a pair of leather STIHL gloves.
>>
>>932298
I personally wouldn't worry so much about getting super fancy gloves like your pic related. With the touchscreen fingertips and all that, I worry that it doesn't look very durable, but that's of course, speculation. You will wear through your work gloves, so it's better they be good, but not too fancy, IMHO. I just get these carhartt work gloves, although I can get them a little cheaper locally so I don't buy them through amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Leather-Fencer-Glove-Brown/dp/B005I34MT4/ref=pd_sim_193_2/156-1169050-0173464?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=941T7RYTSGCNG1BMWKPP

For winter, I get them a size larger and just wear some knit gloves underneath.

Of course, if you got cash to burn, do whatever you want, and more power to you.
>>
File: work-gloves1.jpg (19KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
work-gloves1.jpg
19KB, 300x301px
>>932300
This. I just use regular, solid leather work gloves like pic related.
>>
>>932298
As somebody who goes through a lot of leather gloves for work, I've found the cheapest and most durable are Wells Lamont gloves you can buy in a 3 pack at Costco.

Those name brand leather gloves are a rip off.
>>
/diy/

Kinco if it's cold, mechanix otherwise
>>
>>932367
Same on droid.
>>
>>932298
Those gloves are so f'in dope
>>
>>932298
>So I need a pair of good work gloves

for medium/light duty i recommend
Grease Monkey
Gorilla Grip Gloves $5 @ The Home Depot
excellent fit. i find myself wearing them even after work sometimes.
not waterproof, but dries quick.
>>
>>932692
w/leather shell would make a more awesome heavy duty combo.
>>
>>932699
I wear the mason type or leather gloves with thin liners in them, generally good to below zero f*

Also works with pvc gloves. Just make sure to size up.

Also under armor makes nice glove liners.they're 25$ or so but they go halfway up your forearm.
>>
Mechanix have great dexterity and keep you from getting blisters, not great in cold weather, not water resistant, useless in wet cold weather. Just get the cheapest pair that fit well.
Leather work gloves and lined leather work gloves are pretty good too. Not as much dexterity but warmer, tougher and partially water resistant. Just dont get them soaked, they'll never be the same.
>>
>>932391
Practically the only glove that actually lasts a while, i've had my generic leather work gloves for a year with constant chopping and moving hot coals and embers around in the fire. As a logger i use tons of different gloves and go through them really fast, the only ones that last are Keiler brand leather work gloves, i don't like the ones with the cuffs since they gather sawdust easily.
>>
>>932692
same type of glove I wear to work. I usually wear them with sealskinz liners in the colder months.

In the woods I prefer unlined leather gloves especially when dealing with a fire.

t. delivery driver
>>
>>932946
Mechanix also self-disintegrate like no other glove I've ever owned. The seams on my thumb, index and middle finger all unraveled within 3 months of LIGHT (only inna) use.

Would not buy again.
>>
>>932956
I have 2 pair I've been using lightly for the last 8 years.
Maybe quality control went down since then
>>
>>932956
My mechanix gloves look old after only two week of handling wood. I don't think they would protect me any longueur.
>>
>>932956
Yeah, mechanix and merrel MOAB are both /k/-meme tier gear thats known for pretty much evaporating after a few weeks/months of hard use.

Until they fall apart though, their quite good.
>>
File: gxdvchnjgh.jpg (121KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gxdvchnjgh.jpg
121KB, 400x400px
>>933532
>/k/-
is a meme by itself. just watch when /k/'s hit the /out/ and start their usal threats.. like backpack advice and survival "infographics" ...
>>
>>932985
yes this is the key point, and I think why mine disintegrated - they're designed for ''high speed low drag tactical shiet'' not high abrasion, constant wet/dry cycle, exposure to high heat, that they get when camping.

I now wear a pair of thin unlined leather gloves, originally sold as driving gloves. They're similar to the mechanix in terms of dexterity but much more abrasion resistant and better around flames as no synethetic.

I had tried thick work gloves like >>932391 but when they got wet they were a bitch to dry out.
>>
>>932298
If its cold just get something leather
If it aint that cold get good thin gloves that give you a full range of motion

like these, you can get a big pack of them at construction suppliers, or just online
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.