[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ TV-Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

What are some good /out/ shows that you can learn something from?
>>
Alfie :|
>>
>>932293
Youtube is where the useful, and incredibly not useful, stuff is.
>>
I've been watching Star Trek- The Next Generation lately.

Well, all of them really.
>>
>>932293
Survivorman with Les Stroud, good accurate outdoors information and pretty entertaining to watch - he does all of his own camera work.
>>
>>932311
>faking alone 200 yards from asphalt
>full support crew with steak and eggs
>>
>>932312
Les stroud is legit. He lived in the wilderness with his wife for a full year.
>>
>>932293
Naked and Afraid
>>
>>932318
So have I, three years no pwr/phn, running water.

BFD.

His show is faked.
>>
>>932311
You are thinking of Bear Grylls from Man vs Wild... https://youtu.be/3UpSlpvb1is
Les Stroud is literally the. Shit. We'll let you get away with it this time.
>>
>>932293
finding bigfoot
>>
>>932311
This guy is GOAT as fuck. I'm always impressed when he manages to not only survive, but make himself pretty comfortable out there.
>>
>>932293

Check out Wim Hof for cold weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw
>>
>>932318
Survivorman is fake. He has a support crew yards away.

Read the wikipage for servivelmen.
In Alaska he got fined by the forest service or some shit.
The report says he has a support crew nearby. That means producers and food.
>>
>>932312
>not knowing the difference between Bear and Les
>>932450
>>932337
>being this retarded on purpose

Good job /out/, never fail to disappoint.
>>
>>932450
>hurr durr read wiki
>>durr got fined or some shiet
>>>hurr durr I didn't really read it

Les always has support staff within a certain distance of himself in case he has to bail from a bad situation, he carries and films all his shit himself. They don't fucking feed him you cunt.
>>
>>932450
I bet this idiot loves that fat fuck british idiot who has a whole caravan to carry his gear for him.
>>
>>932464
He did hitchhike between sites in the Canyonlands episode (but he says he didn't eat anything in the truck) and his first campsite was visible from the highway.

Don't know if I'd call him a fraud though, I don't think he sees himself as a journalist but as a TV producer trying to make a compelling story. And at least he doesn't encourage you to do stupid dangerous shit like Bear does.
>>
What do you guys think about ed stafford?
>>
>>932490
loved watching ed stafford into the unknown on discovery channel it was much better than the retarded survival shows
>>
>>932312

Wrong person, dumbass.
>>
>>932343
This. Bobo stopped dying his hair black and cut it short this season.
>>
File: orchard.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
orchard.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>932293
I was the on-set Paramedic for several episodes of 'The Woodsmen', a SHIT TIER SHOW from History Channel.

Basic premise if you haven't seen it is it follows several different individuals or groups who supposedly live 'off grid' in the Inland Northwest.

>Arrive at the set, it's got a legitimately cool tree house...right above his mom's house. They only live 12 miles out of town
>First episode sets these guys up as being way off in the wilderness off grid
>Show storyline devolves to them firing pistols blindly off in the woods at 'illegal loggers' cutting wood; basically never happens here
>One episode they are 'starving' -12 miles from a grocery store- and are hunting with a bow and arrow
>Have to chase poachers away but they get away with the deer these fags were trying to hunt

The 'poachers' were a couple of the set helpers hired locally. And for one of the scenes where they were 'chasing poachers', I had to move my medic truck, and they actually had to position the cameras to not catch the food tent in the fucking shot.

These people are all jokers. None of this shit is real. It is so contrived and fake. What killed me most about this was two things:

1. It just made every one of us up here who lives even remotely rurally look like a bunch of jackasses. Especially the 99% of us who are responsible, careful gun owners.

2. There are so many people up here who live off grid, or at least live remotely, and have GENUINELY interesting stories to tell. Stories of how they got to be where they are, stories of how they deal with the challenges that come with it, everything. Ways they grow food in a short growing season. Ways they generate power, or get water in the winter. Really cool shit. You COULD make a show about it, an actually informative one.

But no. These Californian fucks come out here and have to cook up a bunch of tomfuckery to sell to the Shitstory Channel.

Fuck television. This is why I will never allow it in my home.
>>
>>932714
Another embarrassing moment was the episode where they had a guy drive over from Montana with his mountain man reinactment garb and muzzle loader, and had him pretend to be some sort of woods-dwelling hermit who comes along to 'help out the kids' trying to 'make it' in their 'off grid' tree house. Passes on some wisdom or some shit and 'gives them some venison'.

This shit doesn't happen. It's not even remotely close to real. I couldn't believe these locals agreed to even do it. They have to have had no integrity because I can't imagine they were making all that much money from this piss-ant show.
>>
>>932714
>>932718
Thanks for sharing, man. That's so fugging lame. Glad you got some money out of it, though. I only have this tv shit because it comes free with my work supplied Internet. All the "educational" channels have gone down the shitter in the 2000s. I don't doubt you for a second. Ghost hunting shows and shit are alarmingly popular. TV is going to die in the next few decades.
>>
File: 1479954817497.jpg (23KB, 190x179px) Image search: [Google]
1479954817497.jpg
23KB, 190x179px
>>932714
>>932718
Damn, Anon. I cringed reading this, absolutely terrible. I assume those shows are dramatized to an extent, but fug.

>There are so many people up here who live off grid, or at least live remotely, and have GENUINELY interesting stories to tell.
It's really sad that this is deemed unmarketable, my thoughts as well. Im honestly having trouble articulating how disgusted I am will modern TV without sounding redundant, but I feel you.

Anymore cringe from the sets?
>>
File: 1469619300909.jpg (93KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1469619300909.jpg
93KB, 677x631px
>>932312
Not knowing how legit Les Stroud is. Fag
>>
>>932733
Just talking to the film crew and hearing how OK they had become with cooking this kind of stuff up, generally.

Oh, and if you look up some the episodes, you'll see the 'main' tree house character runs around with a 'side kick'. The sad part was that they made this side kick behave like a dopey, sort of dumb character who just tagged along with the main guy. But in truth, he is actually fucking brilliant. He was the one who engineered the steel bracket that allows their new treehouse they build to ROTATE around the tree, and he also engineered this system that uses an old bicycle to ride up a rope system as an elevator. That was all him, but he has to play a dumb guy.

They interviewed this one other guy for the show who lived a few roads away. I've actually been to his house; he is an old aircraft engineer who retired up here. His driveway to his house is long and hard to maintain, so he built a _fucking gondola_ to take you from his little car port area, over a rocky creek, and up this steep-ass hill to his house.

But nah, too boring. Gotta invent some off-grid treehouse shit and figure out how to not accidentally record the powerlines going to his moms house.

But it was easy overtime and I got to do some reading.

I can relate to free work shit though. I wouldn't use my smartphone near as much if I was having to pay for data. Probably would go to some cheap second-tier plan frankly.
>>
>>932726
>All the "educational" channels have gone down the shitter in the 2000s

They really have.

I don't know if it's because the internet allows such broad and instant access to information and people's experiences, or maybe I've just grown up, but I remember watching History and Discovery and actually learning about Egypt or some weird sea creature, and it was kind of like a lite documentary. And it'd make me go want to learn more.

Now it has to either have some sort of 'hurrr guess we will never find out (X) for sure guys!! tune in next week!' spin to it or it has some drama element (like what I related). Anything purely informative or exploratory is reserved for a 'Special', like Blue Planet, and then you have to have Oprah Winfrey or some other cringe voice chirping in your ear.
>>
>>932307
what have you learned from it, anon?
>>
>>932311
His show is interesting because you learn about how a normal person would probably approach it with the successes and failures. Sometimes it's important to know what to do as much as what not to do. I like ray mears for examples of how to properly do things and his introducing you do things you might not have thought of. His research and dissemination abilities I think are under rated.
>>
>>932450
Seriously
Stop confusing Burr with 10/10 Les
>>
File: Plumbers don't wear ties.png (416KB, 531x607px) Image search: [Google]
Plumbers don't wear ties.png
416KB, 531x607px
What's so bad about a survivalist show having a backup crew? It only makes sense that if a dude is deliberately going to test out his survival in some remote location, to the point where if he messes one thing up or runs into very unfortunate luck then he is pretty much dead, then of course you'll have a backup team to just make sure they dont die pathetically.

I guess it's bad if the survivalist frequently relies on such service, but i think it's clear that Les doesnt, even if he has a backup crew every trip.
>>
File: first class.png (153KB, 408x198px) Image search: [Google]
first class.png
153KB, 408x198px
>>932293
Who are some survivalists that are legit fags?

>inb4 hurrr dddurrr Les and Bear
>>
>>932299
What are some good YouTube channels?
>>
File: 1484515571736.gif (46KB, 272x220px) Image search: [Google]
1484515571736.gif
46KB, 272x220px
>>933227
>Survivalist
>Back up crew
Really nigger
>>
>>933323
>1484515571736.gif
holly keck
>>
>>932466
Theresa May?
>>
>>933243
>>
>>933323
>survivalist
>no backup crew
>dies
>>
>>932758
>Blue Planet, and then you have to have Oprah Winfrey or some other cringe voice chirping in your ear.
Incredible that you people would prefer Oprah over based Sir David Attenborough

The American masses are truly fucking idiots
>>
>>935642
>survivalist
>dies
Sounds like a shit survivalist.
>>
This is a fucking terrible thread.

Just go watch Ray Mears you shitposting children.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.