[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hey sc/cout/s. Recently moved to Pasadena, TX. Traveling isn't really an issue, but; good places to go /out/ in Texas? Talking hiking, hunting, etc.
>>
>>931712
hunting season is over, except for spring turkey and maybe duck. but I dont hunt duck so not sure. the three big national forests are nice, sam houston is about an hour from stinkadena, davy crocket is just 30 minutes more. you can aways go walk around san jacinto and get some texas history, carpetbagger. it's 10 minutes away, but not much hiking.

brazos bend is a well kept state park with hiking about 45 minues south. if you have never seen aligators, they will be out in april. they also have telescope that is open to the public on some weekends.

or you could just go to the tpwd website and fuck around. there are alot of nice state parks in the hill country.
>>
>>931712
Reminder that Texas is worthless in every way.

Cheers.
>>
>>931730
Thanks anon, you're excellent.

Ever been through Big Bend? What about hog hunting? I heard Calwell Co. offers a 10 dollar bounty on ears/tails if you sit through an hour seminar.
>>
>>931732
yea hog is all year they are nuisance. all year in the national forests too. no clue on bounties.

big bend is great. but just fyi, you are about as close to the smoky mountains as you are big bend. last time took me almost 12 hours. texas is big.
>>
Enchated Rock is decent for hiking, but that's like 6 hours from you. Worth checking out if you're in the Austin area anytime.

Galveston sucks for fishing since the BP oil spill, but I'm pretty sure the wetlands by Houston is still decent for river fish.

Other than that, I'd check out Matagorda Bay, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Rockport area if you're gonna be surf-fishing or off-shore.

Between San Antonio and Austin are popular spots to go tubing and legally get drunk in public.

From what I hear, hunting in Texas sucks unless you know a guy who owns a giant ass ranch
>>
Is there anything decent near dfw? for the most part it all seems urbanized
>>
>>931949
Lots of lakes for fishing, it's great if you have a boat. The Caddo and LBJ National Grasslands are nearby. There are some decent state parks on some of the lakes, not super /out/ but most offer at least some hiking and camping. Where are you at? I'm in the N. Ft. Worth area for now, gonna be moving back to rural East Texas next month though.
>>
>>931712
Get yourself a kayak and hit up the central TX rivers for some bass fishing.
>>
>>931964
I plan to go out there for the summer and want to get an idea of what may be available, I'm not too fond of fishing but I wouldn't mind the chance to bag a rabbit or two while I'm camping
>>
File: bend.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
bend.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
>>931731
Cool. Good to know you won't immigrate here like all the Californians.

Salud.
>>
Big bend
>>
File: 1467786658402.jpg (105KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
1467786658402.jpg
105KB, 739x742px
>>932656
let's name major cites that are close to big bend than houston

phoenix
>>
>>932507
>Mexicans and southeast Asians
>>
>>932753
At least they bring good food with them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.