[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You and 2 friends have 300 dollars to buy stuff to survive a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 1483816872312.jpg (50KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483816872312.jpg
50KB, 500x400px
You and 2 friends have 300 dollars to buy stuff to survive a year in the dinosaur age. You each get a free pair of jeans, tee-shirt, socks and new balance sneakers. What elese would you buy
>>
>>931097
Type II Phaser =$199
Light Saber = $99

Two bucks left over, can I shop or what?
>>
>>931097
Op here
Shovel
Axe
Saw
Like 3 cheap kitchen knife sets
Bunch of lighters
Good amount of decent rope and string
Cooking pot
3 pairs cheap gloves
Gorilla tape
3 pairs dollar store sunglasses
Tarp
Some peroxide
Cheap towels
Medical tape
Then probably some meat for the first night and ramen and snacks with wahatevers left
>>
>>931129
This, but with cheap camera from eBay and a box of batteries.
>>
You die from the atmospheric concentration of CO2
>>
>>931129
You planning on eating dinosaurs?

There were rodents and shit during that time too, right? I heard most lizard meat was pretty terrible tasting. But then again birds are normally good and people eat alligator meat but idk what part of the gator they use in the fried gator nuggets.
>>
>>931097
fleshlight
lube
mill surplus tent
water filter
dehydrated rations
some hentai comicbooks
>>
>>931158
Never eaten gator but i heard the tails the best meat
>>
>>931156
No. Since there were animals the size of - school buses - they needed MORE oxygen then we would have

>>931158
Have you ever eaten a snake? Lizard? Frog? Fucking delicious.
>>
>>931169
Confirming this if croc is anything to go by.

Important note: like chicken and pork you gotta cook that shit WELL DONE or you'll get salmonella
>>
You die from the atmospheric concentration of CO2
>>
>>931097
probably a hunting rifle with lots of ammo, some machettes
building materials like a saw and some nails ( tree house masterrace )
cooking supplies and some rations
antibiotics, pain medicine, and soap
paracord and tarps
hand cranked lights
a chess board or some shit
some books with useful information

id be scared as fuck, some xanax maybe? dinos are srs biz
>>
>me and two friends

So I have $300 to buy stuff for myself.
>>
>>931329
>srs biz
>this thread

You know what to do...
>>
File: questioncat.gif (42KB, 269x300px) Image search: [Google]
questioncat.gif
42KB, 269x300px
>>931097
>jeans, tee-shirt, socks
Cotton or something actually useful?
>>
>>931187
>. Since there were animals the size of - school buses - they needed MORE oxygen then we would have

Co2 and o2 levels arent tied as strongly as you seems to think .
>>
>>931097
Id buy some chickens
some seeds
guineas pigs maybe?
steel tools
a rifle and leftover on ammo
>>
reddit
>>
>>931097
Is it $300 each or to spend as a group?
>>
>>931403
If it never happens, what is the difference?
>>
>>931187
That's suprising. I know frog legs are good but they aren't quite lizards. I heard snakes and other lizards were typically kinda shitty to eat.
>>
>>931097
A pair of Oakley sunglasses
>>
>>931395
As a group
>931391
Sure cotton if it tickles your nuts fancy
>>
>>931097
>>931443
Given that it's a whole year and depending on where i would land, the cotton clothing might be used just as a firestarter or sieve.
The point that i'd suddenly be just in the middle of the food chain doesn't make the choice easier.
- proper set of clothing for whereever i'm going to land (This might already burn all of it)
- knife
- hatchet
- tarp
- sleeping bag and pad
- meds
>>
>>931478
And what off your two buddies and make a leaf shelter? Hope to catch food the first day?
>>
>>931430
Oh you're that guy.
Why are you that guy?
>>
>>931097
Is that $300 total or $300 each?
>>
>>931525
Total
>>
>>931097

I'd buy nothing. The environment was not suited for us back then. You yourself would just die within a day or two, you dumb ass.
>>
>>931664
I can see how you would think that, with being as big of a pussy as you are and all.
>>
>>931650
>300 dorrar total
Now there's the real challenge.

>>931664
If man would not have proved to be that effing resilient, we wouldn't be able to roam around this planet today. The envisioned year would not be easy but it's not impossible.
>>
File: chrono.jpg (2MB, 4794x3368px) Image search: [Google]
chrono.jpg
2MB, 4794x3368px
>>931097
I would like to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as the "dinosaur age" is in fact the Jurassic Period within the Mesozoic era contained within the Phanerozoic Eon. When will historytards learn?
>>
>>931392
Humans need a partial pressure of 0.16 bar (or 16% O2 in the atmosphere at sea level) to function as we should. For comparison, the partial pressure of O2 on top of Mt Everest is around 0.075 bar (comparable to 7.5% O2 at sea level pressure), so we can survive well below that, or at least some of us can...

Oxgen reached 15% in Earth's atmosphere about 0.4 Bya, so we would be okay at that time, 0.6 Bya it was only 10%, so we would feel similar as being on top of Mt Everest at that time.

In terms of other gases I am not sure, concerning CO2 I'd say that would not have been a problem because most of the O2 in the air was produced by photosynthetic organisms using CO2, so when the O2 levels were high enough to breathe, the CO2 levels were already down to a safe level.

The Cambrian period starts around 0.5 to 0.6 Bya, so thats the time we are getting close in terms of oxygen, so my answer is yes. :D (It would be hard but enough to survive)
>>
>>931129
Adding sowing kit, and trap making bbook
>>
>>931409
600$
>>
>>931097
spend like 100 on some weed and a pipe. or can i bring my own pipe? maybe 50 on a few gallons of jug vodka. I would def get some gas in case you run into a car along the ways. I would some candy and shit to. what color are the kicks? I cant be seen in no fucked kicks so I might buy some better ones like some jordans or some shit. I would get some doritos in the taco flavor cuz thats shits da bomb. I need some new tshirts prolly pick up a few of them. some condoms cuz you never no what kinda pussy you gone run into. might get some lube to. almost forgot a bottle of wines cuz hos like wines. neva no was gone pop up. and maybe like a 12 of some soda. orange or grape.
>>
>>931741
There were still Dinos thru the Triassic and Cretaceous...
>>
>>931097
A new iPhone so I can order pizza and watch youtube
>>
>>931097
A katana and a trenchcoat, I kill my friends and use their clothes to make some rope.
>>
Is the $300 valued at present day, or deflated to Dino bux.
>>
The world is only 6000 years old and fossils were put on the ground in a government conspiracy.
>>
>>931741
>>933046
This. And through to present if you're not just talking about non-avian dinosaurs.
Kind of a huge timeframe. And if you go before flowering plants survival will be a lot harder considering a lot less food options
>>
>>931097
A single commissioned hentai comic featuring me and my two friends and some dinos
>>
>>931129
Lol you're gonna need a high powered rifle you dumb fuck.

No way is dinosaur living gonna pe possible without 3.5 inch shotgun shells, .338 lapua rifle, .308 rifle, and an AK that's full auto with drum mags and 1000s of rounds of ammo.

I would start off by burning half the fucking forest down.
>>
>>931097

An oxygen tank and a mask to filter out viruses and bacteria that I have no resistance to, but it probably wouldnt work
>>
>>937253
You could possibly be okay. There is the same chance that nothing would affect you as you could have a better genetic set. Small mammals with similar immune systems lived then.

It would be worse if you went back 100k years to live with other humans who were filthy as fuck and diseased.

Harder to catch stuff that isn't already tailored to fuck humans up specifically but yeah....you would probably die from sipping some water or a bug would bite you that would turn your ball sack inside out.
>>
File: tmp_25052-sa16846374085.jpg (85KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25052-sa16846374085.jpg
85KB, 400x600px
>>937252
>Thousand rounds of .338 Lapua
>Three hundred dollars.
Fucking derp drooler.
>>
>>931114
And a coffee.
>>
>>931097
$300 worth of antibiotics. Dinosaur age was full of nasty diseases that we have no idea how to cure. So your best bang for your buck would be antibiotics.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.