[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Train hopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0712.jpg (133KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
133KB, 600x400px
It's always been a fantasy of mine to train hop across the USA. I have seen some videos and the sites look amazing. Does anyone have any experience with doing this?
>>
>>930522
>It's always been a fantasy of mine to be beaten, robbed, and raped by drug addicted hobos
ftfy.

and go ask >>>/trv/
>>
It's a felony and the train police are Brutual people. If they go easy on you expect to be tarred and feathered, worse case they beat and lynch you
>>
>>930522
I hardly ever see good cars for this. Most of them seem like they're the cylinder tanker types
>>
>>930536
This isn't the 1930s faggot. No one is getting lynched for hopping trains
>>
I recently crossed witha few people from thus sub culture. Although I've never done it, train hopping is still a thing. The crowd is diverse, but younger than one might expect. You need to do research. There is some sort of manual/data sheet train jumpers refer to as "the bible" you should try and hunt down. It gives station info/times/tips etc.

The most dangerous element of hopping, from talking with these people, is actually from other train hoppers if you are new/dumb and violate "rules" that put everyone at risk. So learn what you are doing first.

Secondly, don't listen to idiots here. As usual, they don't know shit about how the world actually works.
>>
You won't find good information here, op. It's a very exclusive subculture, and it can be very difficult to break into. r/vagabond has some good resources.
>>
>>930578
its not called the bible you ignorant fuck its the crew change

OP all I will say is this oogleing it up on the rails is srsly dangerous as fuck the people who do it the bulls and the god damn trains themselves
>>
>>930522
I'm a noob who has only hopped one train but I know a little bit. You're gonna need to know about the specific train line your gonna hop. Like its schedule, what types of trains go through there, where it will end up, how much security to expect. To find this out you either need a crew change guide, which is a sort of (purposefully) incomplete manual written by riders, or you'll have to talk to someone with firsthand experience. Or do it with someone with experience. A lot of info is available online but to find specifics you either have to use the search function on certain travelling websites or message people on forums.

You could try to hop out a major location, because you don't always have to enter the yard itself. Or you could try to find a small yard, in a small town somewhere rural, that has decent traffic. So this would be a the town that is a stop in between larger yards. Youll probably find less security there, but also less options for finding suitable cars. But in general its stupid to try to "find" a good yard based on any factors, you just need to find out which yards are known to be easy hopouts. They could be anywhere.

I'm not sure how dangerous riding is. I thought that if you just know what you're doing, and don't do anything dangerous, then you'll be fine but this limits you a lot. The most dangerous things, besides riding on unsafe cars, are getting on or off a moving train, climbing onto stationary cars to get across them (because they can jerk hard or start moving at any moment unless they are sided out), ending up in the middle of the yard something goes wrong. The train I rode was sage as fuck once I was actually in, I was surround on all four sides by waist high metal walls (I was in the bucket of an intermodal), but in order to get on there I climbed over a nother train, and to get off I had to jump because I was heading deep into a yard. But perhaps that could've been avoided if I had more knowledge, or if I just chose not to
>>
File: 20170107_114223.jpg (715KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_114223.jpg
715KB, 3264x2448px
>>930772
But train riding is really awesome as hell there's nothing like it. There's a feeling of freedom and excitement and bizarreness and the beauty of the scenery. But it comes with a lot of work, like planning, waiting, avoiding security (which is exciting but stressful), failing, and just overall unpredictableness. Also if you get caught youre likely to get a ticket from what i hear but you could go to jail. If you wanna know some specifics I can fill you in, email me at [email protected]
>>
The biggest danger is from edgy teens who will hate you if you don't have 36 months of crusty butt sweat and period juice on your clothing.
>>
>>930779
>weird boner commencing
>>
>>930522
>fantasy

You need better fantasies.
>>
>>930779
This is actually true. The social element is probably the most dangerous element if you use common sense around the trains themselves. And it's impossible to deal with the social element without first looking like a crusty fuck.
>>
>>930522
This was a fantasy of mine as a kid too but it's too scary for me as an adult.
>>
Homeless general is where you should ask OP. Those guys have totally covered the subject more than once in the past.
>>
Have fun dying of starvation and being arrested for trespassing. No-one will miss you anyway.
>>
File: 1482230605675.jpg (58KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1482230605675.jpg
58KB, 592x492px
>tfw the infrastructure in your country is so shit train hopping is the only way to get around

>>933006
fuck off faggot i've looked at all the alternatives train hopping is the only decent way I can get from point A to B.
>>
>>930772
What the hell, I've seen UP locomotives as far east as northern Pennsylvania.
>>
>>930536
Its not a felony, its criminal tresspass, which is a misdameanor. Lots of places its a ticket, up to 30 days I've heard.

>>930578
No one calls it the bible,its the crew change, 2006 is online, but its old.

>>930691
or squattheplanet (need an account for train hopping section)

>>930694
>>930772
>>930775
Crusty 4chan get together, where yall at? First spacebags' on me.

>>933006
Its hard to starve in America, especially in cities or towns. Garbages are ripe with feasts, fast food workers will help you out, kick downs.

>>933145
The companies borrow out engines and cars, the line and yard ownership is UP.
>>
>>930522
op ive never train hopped becuase of ear problems but heres what you need to know:
trians are loud as fuck and even one trip will leave you with remanent ear damage. every trian hopper ive ever met has been almost deaf. you will need ear plugs and hearing protection on top of that again.
the polive will fucking beat the shit out of you.
its insanely dangerous, the people in that comunity are all durggies and batshit crazy. theyre not the stoner chilled out hitchhiker kind. their the kill murder rape kind.
trains never go for more than 8 hours without stopping.
these people are murderers. seriously. the train hoppers ive met have all told about gangs that kill anybody that hops the same train as them.
its almost impossible to sleep on them. they shake like crazy, you will be cold.
DO NOT RIDE SUICIDE. grainers or the ones in the picture (forgot what theyre called) are your best bet. remember that the doors will shut unless you put something in there. train hoppers usually carry around a rail road spike. they cannot be opened from the inside.
you will get into fights. these people love fighting. i stayed the fuck away from train stations for this reason.
do not trust anyone. my friend was stabbed in his sleep for his sleeping bag.
if you can look past all of that its an amazing adventure and you will se the most beautiful nature.
>>
>>934045
lol stabbed in his sleep for his sleeping bag, yeah right
>>
>>934019
>squattheplanet
Can't make an account, says that location data cannot be verified and to contact an admin
>>
Just avoid the 'traincore' kids, they're fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>934045
>the train hoppers ive met have all told about gangs that kill anybody that hops the same train as them.
Did he tell about the giant snakes that live in abandoned boxcars? Scary fuckers. Almost got my head bit off once. Yeah, you should probably never ever try to train hop anon.
>>
>>934045
Where the fuck do you live.
>>
>>934045
>train hopping from Vladivostok to Moscow

I've always wanted to visit Russia too, anon. But now your story has scared me.
First they hacked an election, now this?
>>
>>930522
I hopped a train once. It's a good way to wind up in jail after getting a gun pulled on you by a nigger cop. Since 9/11 they treat that kind of thing as a major security risk.
>>
>>936288
the girls are kewt tho
>>
As a railroad engineer, I would say it would be in your best interest to not train hop.
>>
>>937394
What's your experience, then? Why so?
>>
>>930522
Why not just get a car and drive. You can see whatever you want to see, and not be a piece of shit breaking the law.

Or buy a train ticket if you like trains that much.
>>
>>932998
/thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.