[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Hello /out/,
It is pretty rare for me to lurk here, I usually lurk on /k/ although sometimes similar topics can be interchangeable.
I will get onto the main point now. I usually wear jeans everyday and craghoppers whilst /out/. I would like to wear utility style pants everday too but craghoppers are really baggy on me and I look full spurg when I wear them casually. Can you suggest any afforable /fa/ pants similar to pic related?
>>
>>929609
Ever heard of a tailor?
>>
>>929609
yeah asshole ever hear of a tailor
>>
File: average_k_user.gif (1MB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
average_k_user.gif
1MB, 225x199px
>>929609
>needs to mention his affiliation with /k/
/K/ill yourself /k/ike & see a tailor about your /fa/g pants
>>
>>929609
>talks about craghoppers
>posts fjallraven

dude not all pants are made equal. what to do is either go try on a bunch in the store OR order a bunch and keep the one that fits the best.

Not all brands are cut the same.

If it's a simple modification, like the legs too long, then yeah a tailor/seamstress is good, but don't listen to these trolls.

Personally I like Condor stealth operator pants, as they're cheap and they fit me okay, nice pocket arrangement and not too shouty about being 'tactical' pants.
>>
>>929609
>craghoppers
Carhart and Dickies make some good work pants that might do the trick.
>>
>>929609
If you don't want baggy, check out outlier
>>
>>929609

Listen breh. If you cant afford some Fjallravens then I suggest you start saving your allowance. They're relatively inexpensive for their purpose so the price is just something your gonna have to get used to if you want to flex on nem.
>>
>>930034
>They're relatively inexpensive for their purpose
Nigga wat? The cheapest pair are $112. Stuff must be reserved for gear queers.
>>
>>930060
>$100
>poorfag detecto alert

Dude, if you cant drop a hun onna garment, keep shopping at Goodwill, buying use clothes off someone else's ass.
>>
>>930060

Thats like one day of work. Pretty sure you can find a McJob and quit after the first day.
>>
>>930060
As others have said, 100 for a good garment is a steal. If you are ready to pay half the price for shitty product then you are not poorfag, just an idiot.
>>
>>930060
How poor are you that you can't get $100 for a pair of long lasting pants?
>>
5.11® Men's Taclite® Pro Pants
or
duluth MEN'S FIRE HOSE WORK PANTS
both are of good quality
>>
>>930255
Seconded for 5.11 pants
>>
>>930255
>>930259
Yeah my work provides much of my gear. 5.11 makes some strong stuff. I have a jacket from them for the better part of decade.
>>
>>930235
>>930228
>>930145
>>930143
If you're a chronic dope fiend you drop $100 a quarter oz.

Doesn't leave money for good appearal.

Drug addicts make choices that leave them poorfag. That's why they bitch about Arc'teryx
>>
Mfw no one mentions deluth firehose pants
>>
>>930390
Mfw you don't read before posting.
>>
Are Fjallraven pants really the bee's knees? Or just favored by gear queer youtubers?
>>
>>930633
>Reply

I did my first hike in my Fjallraven Kebs up Mt. Baldy here in Alaska yesterday. It was 10 degrees at the base, not sure about up top, but they were amazing. Silk weight baselayer underneath and I was very comfortable. Due to the packed snow/ice I slid down a few hundred feet on my ass during the descent. Stayed completely dry. I bout a few other pairs of various pants, Columbia, Mountain Hardware, North Face, etc. I wish I would have gotten the Fjallravens in the first place and saved the extra money. One of my favorite parts is that they fit like regular pants, not emo jeans like many hiking pants these days. Best pants I've ever worn.
>>
>>929632
Looks like the /out/ist is triggered

Kek
>>
>>932694
yeah fellow /k/ommando.
ever once in a while i lurk here, but mostly just for a quick peek.
many on /out/ are easily triggered by the simplest of post.
strange when you consider i have more /out/ experience than most here.
>>
>>930255
Not sure if they are available in the US of A*, but elikon Tex may do the trick (they are made in the 3rd world country of Poland, so cheapo labour etc. make them a lot less pricey, still about 50+$ per pair).

scratch that: www.military1st.com seems to have them
>>
File: pi_original_a_27655.jpg (105KB, 1000x1256px) Image search: [Google]
pi_original_a_27655.jpg
105KB, 1000x1256px
anyone have any experience with (cotton) moleskin?
are they durable?
>>
>>932835
doesnt breath very well
pretty wind resistant
have fun drying off when wet

why these and not polycotton?
>>
>>932868
closeup texture looks nice

but it was that against 60 cotton / 40 poly ripstop
polycotton is more breathable?
>>
>>930255
I've heard 5.11's quality has slipped the last few years.

I'd love Duluth's pants, but they don't ship to my country.
>>
>>932875
the cotton moleskin I've used have been physically thick, similar to new jeans.

Personally I prefer polycotton, and then I layer as necessary - wool long johns (tho I have been thinking about changing to softie overtrousers), or goretex overtrousers depending on weather.

Anything too thick and I find it hard to regulate temperature and I just sweat through it, quickly becoming uncomfortable.

The only time I can think I would NOT want polycotton trousers would be in extreme cold, in which case I would exchange for a pair of woollen bibs over long johns.
>>
Not OP but I also am looking to buy a good durable multi use pair of pants for /out/ing. Most of my activities are done hiking/backpacking in the Sierras in California, with the occasional scrambling here and there, I also do some mountaineering in the swinger months of the year and a few trips every year to Oregon and Arizona. would appreciate pants made of St least water resistant material that doesn't involve the whole wax applying meme. Which leads me to my only concern about fjallraven, I've been looking at their Vidda Pro and Keb Trousers. I'm working with a budget of $200-300 USD. Is Fjallraven the best option for my mentioned activities and the buget I'm working with? Are there other similar brands models I could choose from???
>>
>>933254

Sorry meant winter* months of the year
>>
>>930633
Fjällräven Barents Pro is the real shit, I'm on my second pair atm, 11/10 would recommend
>>
>>929609
I have the solution. I only wear Eddie Bauer pants called their Travex Rainier pants. Got all the colors. 70 bucks each and I only get em during sale times. They're flexible to allow kick ass mobility, and basic enough to wear with anything.

10/10 will never own another pants again
>>
>>933254
It doesn't matter what pants you wear, pants are a meme. Just make sure you buy high quality 100% wool long johns.
>>
File: spurdo_face.jpg (28KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_face.jpg
28KB, 600x459px
>>934041
>Barents

Respek
*Fist bumps u*
>>
>>932875
Autism pants
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.