[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/'s olive branch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 9781435132115.jpg (47KB, 270x430px) Image search: [Google]
9781435132115.jpg
47KB, 270x430px
/lit/ here.
If someone from out wanted to gain an appreciation for the crafts on this board, which books would you recommend ?
>>
>>928576
>/lit/fag
>makes a broad barely comprehensive post

Yeah this seems right.
>>
>>928576
Into the Wild is a constant #1 for people on this board.
>>
>>928576

Jon Krakauer - Into Thin Air
Gary Paulsen - Winterdance
Thoreau - Walden
Some of Yeats's work (ie the Song of the Wandering Aengus)
Moitesser - The Long Way

I also think Steinbeck and Kerouac do a good job of portraying the outdoors. It's not so much living off the land for pleasure as opposed to the necessity for it. If that's the case, I would also recommend Three Deaths and Kholstomer by Tolstoy - more about the connection of man and animals with the land.
>>
>>928634
>>928606
Thank you very much for these titles. I hope to be able to go around some boards and make a reading list for each on /lit/ to introduce them to more boards without being total newfags.
>>
>>928576

The book presented in your image suggests that your intentions may be less than honourable.
>>
>>928576
Wordsworth's Guide to the Lakes
>>
/lit/ = /shit/

in complete seriousness just read any old book. You don't need to be picky
>>
File: Boy_Scout_Handbook.gif (63KB, 234x354px) Image search: [Google]
Boy_Scout_Handbook.gif
63KB, 234x354px
>>928576
>>
File: SSandS.jpg (28KB, 260x325px) Image search: [Google]
SSandS.jpg
28KB, 260x325px
>>928576
This too.
>>
>>931598
have you made any of those things? Some are downright bizarre

>okay guys, we're gonna build a log platform over a swamp out of twigs
>now we cut down a tree to sleep underneath it for a lean-to
>how about a cache on four trees with a canoe on top?

full retard for scouts troops only
>>
>>928576
a lot of hemingway is pretty /out/ and intensely full of feels. i was lucky to pick up a short story anthology of his that were only set in america.

he also did this "the green hills of africa" thing, which is an account of a hunting trip in africa. he literally put a disclaimer in the front that it was an experiment in nonfiction. really good
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.