[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would a pack like pic related be effective or retarded? just curious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pack.jpg (134KB, 896x656px) Image search: [Google]
pack.jpg
134KB, 896x656px
would a pack like pic related be effective or retarded? just curious.
>>
>>927689
There is no single answer to your question, its to general, its like saying is water good or retarded? It isnt anything on its own, it depends what you want to use it for, what you want to do with it etc.
>>
>>927712
Answer OP's question.
>>
>>927715
I cant give an answer, OP needs to come up with his own answer.
>>
>>927689
In the long run i think the weight unbalance will take a toll on your legs and back, also looks like it blocks some arm mobility too. But never tried so cant say for sure.
>>
What's that roll?
>>
>>927689
Looks like a giant blanket rolled with shit in it. There are a thousand better ways to do it and that would be annoying as fuck to hold a gun up with that thing on your shoulder
>>
>>927719
Thank you rabbi
>>
>>927689
The pack is shitty and was outdated before WWI even started. The straps were too small for most, the pack itself had to be meticulously repacked and couldn't accommodate anything beyond issued gear designed to fit in it. Troops had trouble carrying enough rations and water to last beyond a day with these packs. The pack was despised as being very difficult to get on and take off. Despite this, both Army and Marine forces were still issued these at the outset of WWII because of bureaucratic inefficiencies, despite widely being acknowledged as shit.

The blanket roll is kinda cool and traditionally how many armies carried their bulkier gear. It's used in conjunction with a haversack so that one doesn't need to unroll the blanket to access items throughout the day. It can be effective if you pack the right things in it and pack it well. Practice makes perfect here. I've done it to decent success, but I sweat into the blanket too much. I also don't like having a haversack while I hike. If I do a blanket roll hike these days, I usually pack my lumbar pack (fanny pack) too. It's not very efficient for sleeping bags, and as a result you're really limited to hot nights only. I've been able to eek out some colder nights with warmer clothes and a space blanket, but don't recommend it. Inflatable sleeping pads roll much better than solid state ones do.
>>
>>927782
Can't you read? It's obviously better balanced and less clumsy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.