[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Kaibab- Colorado Rive Hike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Goals.jpg (9KB, 231x154px) Image search: [Google]
Goals.jpg
9KB, 231x154px
Sup Fellow /out/ist I'm going to the grand canyon In 2 weeks and I was planning to hike from rim to floor, camp and head back the next day. However my request for a camping permit was turned down and I will only be there for a weekend and I cant extend my trip time and get a walk-in permit because I have work Monday night.
That being said I was wondering if I could hike to the floor an back in a day. The route I'm thinking of is South Kaibab but I people tell my its very steep and I should take Bright Angel back.
My only problem with taking Bright Angel back is that I'm meeting my family there and I don't think they could take a 17 mile hike.
This would be my first canyon hike but I'm in shape so i'm not too worried.
What do you think I should do South Kaibab down an back or South Kaibab down Angel back?
>>
Not familiar with those hikes, but I did Hermit's Rest to Dripping Springs (3.5 mi to floor, for 7 mi total) if you want to include your family. It took 3 or 4 hours I think and was steep at the beginning/end
>>
>>924576
Do not hike rim/river/rim in one day.

I did rim SK to Totnto to rim SK and that was good.

An alternative would be rim SK to Tonto to BA to rim. A long but achievable day hike.

I did that a wek after the previous fitness test.

Alternatively,rim Hermit Trail to Dripping Spring or Santa Maria Spring is ineteresting and far less crowded than The Corridor.

Luck, post pics.
>>
>>924672
OK but why not?
The main reason people list for not going rim to floor is that you suffer from heat exhaustion and or dehydration. But its winter and about 30 degrees, and we'll each carry 4 liters of water down and refill at Bright Angel campsite so water shouldn't be a problem either.
>>
>>924687
No, no problem. Commit your family to an extreme elevation day hike for your pride.

>look, let's hike to the river and back again
>like A Hobbit's Tale
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.