[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping Utensils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17

File: download (2).jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
14KB, 225x225px
What do you bring with you when you go camping to eat and stuff? I saw something cool recently, that I might actually buy but I'm hoping to find something better.

Browsing kickstart I saw this cool thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2008678327/the-muncher-titanium-multi-utensil

But I also saw this junk : /1132834440/tactical-bottle-opening-hot-sauce-dispensing-spork

I doubt kickstarter is a good source for something like this so can anyone suggest something better? Should I just stick with my basic stuff I carry normally?
>>
I just get a fork and spoon from my kitchen.
>>
>>923703
This

Why spend money on basic shit like that to save an ounce and a minimal amount of space
>>
Folding titanium spoon. But desu it's maximum autismo. But it fits inside my pot.

If I can't eat it with a spoon I make chopsticks or eat with my hands.
>>
>>923700
First when I cringe so hard when I hear that indie-hippie music.
Second is that it is overblown spork. Pealer is unneeded if you can use knife. If you carry multitool then you already have a can opener. USGI can opener looks fine to me and is small enough.
>>924050
I usually eat at uni and I got 2$ plastic spork from Lightmyfire. Its cheap, light and i take it everywhere i go inside of my rucksack.
>>
File: IMG_3583.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3583.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>923700
Recycling an old photo. I can't remember where I got this thing but it's fucking great
>>
>>923700
>gearfag
>>
>>924076
I have the same spoon.

I love it. Beats the shit out a MRE spoon any day.
>>
File: 20170107_174238.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_174238.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>924632
>>924050
>>923703
Fucking poorfag hobos.
>>
File: 20170107_174652.jpg (1MB, 1094x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_174652.jpg
1MB, 1094x2576px
>>926161
>>
>>923703
This. Although usually only a spoon. When a fork is needed just make chopsticks.
>>
>1. spork
Fair enough.
>2. serrated Knife
You know, because bananas are tough as shit and impossible to cut without a good serrated edge.
>3. fire flint
Thank god, I never knew these things existed and don't have multiple other ways of making fire, I need a food utensil to provide this for me.
>4. peeler
I love discarding perfectly fine vegetable skins filled with nutrition on site after hauling it with me. I also hate bringing knives, so this feature is extra useful.
>5. can opener
I have always wanted a tool that requires me to apply force that can slip while holding on to a handle with sharp pointy bits digging in to my palm to open shit I can open easier and safer with better tools or simply open up at home and put in a sealable plastic container.
>6. bottle opener
Finally, now I can bring heavy, brittle bottles with me everywhere I go.
>7. ply bar
For when you don't know how to ap"ply" common sense.
>8. box cutter
I can not tell you how many times I have encountered a wild box but couldn't reap the full benefit and gift offered by nature because I left my box cutters at home because they were too bulky and heavy.
>9. cord cutter
I am very excited about this one. Before I had to get my cords precut by trained survival experts to handle all that technical cruft of cord cutting, but now, finally, I can do it on my own!
>10. flathead screwdriver
Sure why not. This utensil is like the second coming of Jesus Christ. That music sure makes it sound like it. Now if only it can feed everyone and end world hunger.
>11. carabiner pouch
Never before have I seen a more sturdy and sensible way to carry your gear than with an open pouch where shit can just fall out. Normally I have to throw shit in to the bush myself(wasted calories) to get rid of it, but now this handy functional pouch does that for me!
>12. lightweight titanium
Those few grams saved makes the extra cost over stainless steel worth it.

All of this amazingness for $45! Now that is real value for money.
>>
>>927104
I like you.
>>
I carry a knife. I make chopsticks and skewers on site. For soup, I drink it right out of my cook-pot. But I tend to do long hike-ins, so I prefer to carry as little as possible; if I get roped into car-camping, I'll usually pack the same gearfag shit as everyone else since I won't have to carry it.
>>
>>923700
sometimes i wonder what goes thru the minds of the people who invent shit like pic related
>>
>>927466
>bottle opener
>tactical glass breaker

bust some bottles behind wawa
>>
>>923700
1x spork
1x folding pocket knife

What else do you need?
>>
>>927104
Nice
>>
>>926165
the fuck, how much does that weigh when all you need is your spoon and the knife you would carry anyways
>>
>>927559
B...but muh silicone oven mitt and baster.
>>
>>927104
Exactly. But I was mostly pissed about the $45 price tag. Even made of titanium, it's a small sheet simply stamped. Titanium should be like $10 and offer a poorfag steel one for $5. If Walmart sold the exact same thing, the steel one would cost 98ยข.

Their bike tools are kinda cool but a lot of it looks incredibly un-ergonomic and there are tons of other kits that will do exactly the same thing without being so awkward to use.
>>
File: IMG_1615.jpg (103KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1615.jpg
103KB, 640x533px
>>927104
But truthfully, why would I need that when I already have pic related?
>>
>>927598
>not even oc
You are an idiot.
>>
File: IMG_1614.jpg (45KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1614.jpg
45KB, 960x640px
>>927605
>your an idiot*
Mine is in my car and I don't feel like getting it. I promise I wasted $60 on this thing because it was that great!
>>
File: IMG_1618.jpg (109KB, 1366x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1618.jpg
109KB, 1366x720px
>>927623
This is the one I was looking for.

These people need to stop. Like that credit card survival tool with fish hooks and an arrowhead. Just no.
>>
>>927637
Convince yourself, idiot.
>>
File: IMG_1619.jpg (202KB, 1399x933px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1619.jpg
202KB, 1399x933px
>>927642
I would buy this tho if I worked with electrical panels or even cars or some shit where you need a 1/4" nut driver and an odd hex or torx bit a lot to open a panel. But this was also made by Kershaw I think and not some hipster fuck charging $45 for a 6" by 2" piece of stamped metal who needed Kickstarter to finance it for some reason.
>>
>>927644
Of course you would, you are an idiot.
>>
File: IMG_1583.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>927647
Well I did buy the lime green smokin throwin knoife. But too lazy to get it out of my car and take dank EDC pics with.
>>
>>924076
I have that same knife fellow /out/sider
>>
>>927652
>phone
>multaytool
>flashlight
>wallet
>keys
>smokes/light
>mike and Ike's
that's it?
you're slacking off pepsi
>>
>>927466

Well, at least they know the people who buy it didn't go outside.

$50 for a titanium spork is ridiculous.

There's having good gear and then there's having meme gear that is obviously not for practical useage
>>
I literally only take a ziplock bag full of plastic utensils I got for free from Chipotle when I go camping

Come at me.
>>
>>924076
nice dugout
>>
>>923700
i have op pic, knife excellent fork serviceable spoon is shit and useless.
>>
>>927598
>But truthfully, why would I need that when I already have pic related?
Doesn't have a spork, so you can't easily scoop your fair trade premium coffee blend in to your solar powered fully automatic coffee brewer Made in China from conflict free minerals.

>>927637
>wire stripper/breaker
>nail remover
>bottle/can opener
>phillips + flathead
>closed wrench
>rangefinder/ruler/inclinometer/sundail/latitudinal finder
>"The multi-tool that goes everywhere and does everything."
Elon Musk from SpaceX has decided to replace all the tools for their Mars colonization missions with the Kniper. It has literally everything you need to build up anything from scratch. Just look at all that crazy stuff it can do! Wowzers! So long Information Age, humanity has finally entered the next stage of our natural evolution as a global, if not, interstellar society, the Kniper Age.
>tobacco pipe
For when you just can't survive without getting your nicotine fix.
>fire bow bearing
For when you need to turn a normal situation in to a survival situation by applying a lot of pressure for a friction fire by clumsily gripping on various sharp pointy bits.
>saw
Ideal for those pesky stubborn twigs.
>lashing straps
Marketing survival 101: when you cut corners in production, call it a feature.
>throwing knife
Just be careful not to throw it in the trash!
>blade
A nice afterthought, but not something you would be using enough in practice to be justified for inclusion.

>$155
It would normally be a steal at this price, but the lack of an emergency survival spork functionality only makes it a fair compromise at best. Still great value for money overall.
>>
>>928381
>Mars colonization missions
>rangefinder/ruler/inclinometer/sundail/latitudinal finder
>tobacco pipe
>fire bow bearing
>Ideal for those pesky stubborn twigs.

you are an idiot, half the tools would be utterly useless on mars, the only thing universally useful is a blade. and it's a shit blade.
>>
>>928433
>bait and you, by anon
>available on Amazon

Jeez dude, what the spork?
>>
File: IMG_1655.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1655.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>927675
My bad. Here is my EDC for today

>>928381
>fire bow bearing
It wouldn't even be worth suing the company when you lose a finger because I'm sure they are already bankrupt.
>>
>>927690
ty. they are only like 15 bucks.

making the switch to dugouts while /out/ is probably one of the best weed choices i haev ever made. it meets everything i want in an /out/ product.

light, compact, functional, durable, can be used easily on the move, and if i lose it or it breaks fuck it cuz its easily replaceable. plus you never end up too ripped cuz you only take a little rip at a time.

i highly recommend any /out/ weed smokers get one. you will not regret it,.
>>
>>928511
What is a dugout? It's just a little storage box for your one-hitter and bud, right?
>>
>>928547
Yes
>>
>>928570
Sweet. I recently decided to start smoking weed, so this looks like something I should check into more.
>>
>>928455
that's better
i can sleep better now
>>
>>928570
Those one hitters will let hot ash fly into your mouth so hit them real slow at the end.
>>
File: tmp_32378-tuxzux-379987642.jpg (18KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32378-tuxzux-379987642.jpg
18KB, 512x256px
>>928608
>>928594
>>
>>928608
Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>928608
That's why we have saliva jeezy. It's not that bad.

It's the worst when they are brand new or real clean.
>>
File: 1484161494496.jpg (106KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484161494496.jpg
106KB, 682x1024px
>>928570
that's some weird ass looking weed man
>>
>>928729
It was the first picture on Google.
>>
This is one of my favorite tools to use when eating. Not mine but I got mine from a Russian flea market in Moscow. Really nice
>>
>>927637
>Flathead

It's called a standard screw driver or slotted.
>>
>>923700
am i the only guy who just eats with my knife?

beans?
>scoop out with knife blade
soup?
>drink
meat, vegetables, fruit?
>cut up and eat it

no one just scoops ravioli out of a can with their knife and eats off that?
>>
>>931254
I use my fingers, utensils weigh too much and I don't want to get my knife dirty.
>>
>>931044
shut up amerifag
>>
>>931412
>>931044
I'm amerifat and I call it a flathead. Or a mini-prybar. Anon just has the 'tism.
>>
>>931254
>am i the only guy who just eats with my knife?
no i just carve little wooden spits to use as fork with the knife and drink anything from the cup that would require a spoon.

if japs can eat ramen with chopsticks then nobody needs a fucking spoon. (not that you cant carve one too).
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.