[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some natural soaps to use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

File: il_fullxfull.343304151.jpg (292KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.343304151.jpg
292KB, 1500x1500px
What are some natural soaps to use?
>>
>>923528
i fuck hard with Dr. Sasquatch. all of them are great.

had to stop using the pine tar though because it kept staining the floor of the shower.
>>
how about you just dont when /out/?
>>
>>923549
some people go out for more than 2 days and dont wanna be disgusting trip faggot. Some of us also want to use natural soap at home

>>923532
2nd for Dr.Sasquatch
>>
>>923549
What about for general use?
>>
>>923528
I've used a pine-tar soap I found at Sprouts once. Potent smell, but it removes odors breddy gud. Lately I've been finding these goat-milk soaps at King Soopers. Frankincense and Myrrh was good. Sea Salt might be my favorite.
>>
>>923528
Chandrika soap
From India
Smells like curry and incense
>>
>>923528
Dr. Bronner. All organic oils and lye. Nothing more or less. With different essential oils for scent (peppermint, citrus, rose, almond). You cannot get any more natural or clean than that.
>>
>>923528
http://www.armbarsoap.com/products.html

Arm Bar soap, lasted a long time and is supposed to be really good at preventing skin infections.

Got a bar for free from someone on my team when I used to wrestle in high school and we were having a ringworm problem in the city.

The acai berry one smells very good and has some nice bumps on it that feels good too, most important though is that its pretty cheap for how long it lasts.
>>
>>923528
Wood smoke.
>>
>>923528
Try not using soap at all perhaps? I haven't used soap or shampoo in almost two years now.
>>
File: pinetar.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pinetar.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
This obviously
>>
>>925263
I bet you smell. Not to yourself, but I would imagine others smell you and are just very polite about it.

Hygiene is a good thing.
>>
File: ss_hippy_chick_14.jpg (318KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
ss_hippy_chick_14.jpg
318KB, 500x667px
>>925263
You on the right?
>>
Soap is a meme. Still shower and scrub yourself, but soap just dries you out. I haven't used soap or shampoo since 2010. I work in an office and manage several people. I'm not greasy or dirty. When you stop using soap and shampoo, your body stops producing so much oil. After a few weeks of stopping, you'll go back to how your skin and hair was before you stopped using soap.

I'm not some kind of hippy or anything, generally a clean-cut pro science and consumerism kinda guy. Just soap didn't make sense so I tried not using it and now I don't waste money on it.
>>
>>925280
not gunna give up soap anytime soon but i had a similar experience when i transitioned form antiperspirant to normal deodorant two years ago. i remember it felt like my body was detoxing and gross almost viscous sweat was just constantly oozing out of my armpits. after about two weeks it slowed down, and now i don't sweat nearly as much from my pits. they dont stink nearly as much. so maybe you are on to something.
>>
>>>923528 (OP)
> I used to wrestle in high school and we were having a ringworm problem in the city.

Thanks for reminding me how disgusting wrestling was.
>>
>>923549
>>923562

Danes wash themselves once or twice a week. You realise that when you visit Denmark...
>>
>>925265
I still practice good hygiene just minus the soap and shampoo. And I don't smell. Of that I am very sure. The one issue I have encountered has been with a certain bacteria that likes to grow on your armpit hairs. If it pops up I just shave my pits and it goes away.

>>925280
This all day. Stop believing what people making money off you are telling you. Try things for yourself and really know things. Hear say is rarely accurate I have found.

>>925320
Everyone's body is different but you should try dropping it altogether. I work a very physical job and don't need the stuff. Also try observing your diet in relation to sweat. It's fascinating. While I was vegan I could sweat balls and never even have the slightest bit of odor. I've been eating meat here and there and it changes the way I smell after intense exertion. Alcohol does the same sadly. But neither is sufficient to generate a noticeable odor even under extreme exertion. I have a couple people I work with who know what I am doing as a self experiment and I'll check with them if I have an intense day and I'm always good.
>>
>>925330
P.s. exfoliation becomes more important when you drop soap. A washcloth solves that. I started just bare hand and water and I still mostly do that and just use a cloth like once a week or so for an intense scrub.
>>
>>923528
Dr bronner
African black soap
Chandrika ayurvedic soap.

The last two make good shampoo.
>>
>>925280
Soap dries you out because it isnt soap, it's detergent. That's why you use something like OP is saying that's just lye, oils, and fat to clear yourself with glycerins.
>>
>>925335
>Some people don't use wash cloths.

I guarantee you are lowkey dirty af. You ass must be disgusting.
>>
>>925659
This.
>>
>>925804
Believe what you like but unless you've tried it don't knock it. I'm squeaky clean.
>>
Vegan soap? Lol
>>
>>923532
Grandpa's pine tar soap hasn't done that in the past 3 months or so
>>
File: IMG_0389.jpg (377KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
377KB, 1536x2048px
>>925267
So disappointing. The one on the right could be fine as hell if she just showered and ate some real food.

I would still fuck both of them in the shower tho.
>>
>>925830
I know for a fact that if you are not using a cloth you are disgusting.
>>
>>924567
>smells like curry

Why tho
>>
>>923532
I was about to order my first bar...can you explain the staining thing a bit. Is it like an impossible to remove stain?
>>
>>925855
>would do both
As if they would even. Dream on fag.
>>
>>925659
Came to post this. Just make your own soap, it is super easy and fun.
>>
>>925831
Yes the fats are vegetable oils. Quite common.
>>
Dr. Bronners is very nice soap but he bottles are a bit much
>>
File: IMG_1404.jpg (125KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
125KB, 540x960px
Pic related is Dr. Bronners.
>>
>>926447
It's just like a black film- it comes off easy enough when you clean it but it kind of bothered me. It's a great soap but None of their other soaps do this. They yogurt one is great and the aloe one awesome too.

I went through a weird soap kick and sasquatch and Herban cowboy are my favorites
>>
>>926759
Oh I should add herban cowboy is a great soap for the price point. It is not a good as the more expensive stuff
>>
Carbolic.
Keeps the bugs off.
>>
>>926551
I couldn't care less how good your product is, the moment you jam the label full of preachy holier than thou bullshit I don't buy your product.
>>
>>926764
>Inb4shill
They're a bunch of hippies, but these leafs make good soap.

Their tea tree oil soap keeps my athletes foot and crotch rotch knocked down.
>>
>>926803
>Fucking idiot
http://puresoapworks.com/mosquito_stories.htm
>>
>>926783
Yeah, the maker is clearly insane. But the product is top notch as far as simplicity and purity.
>>
>>925323
BJJ can have the same consequences if you don't scrub down after rolling. Sambo and Judo probably have the same problem I'd imagine.
>>
>>923562
If you are disgusted by a person who hasn't washed themselves in 2 days you are a fagot.
>>
>>925264
This stuff is great, use it every time I take a shower. 10/10 and seems like it's better than the Dr. Squatch stuff simply from some comments in this thread about people tubs getting messed up from the pine tar in Squatch. I haven't had any problem with Grandpa's.

>>924588
>>925432
>>926484
>>926551
>>927165
Can confirm this soap is pretty wild. Feels great, the minty one makes you get that frozen sensation wherever it's applied. Get's you real squeaky clean and as the bottom suggests, has many different uses, never tried it on plants though. I do hate the labelling and how they've included an obscene amount of text on nearly 99% of the label, that's a little too much. There is also a hippy culture around the soap, they use it over at Burning Man in the showers where you wash and get washed by other people.

Never tried Squatch OP, I've seen some ads about it but to me it seems like hipster branding. I'm sure I could be proven wrong through quality however.
>>
>>925320
There's some natural antiperspirant/deodorants that don't fuck with your system. I'm using something that's made from carnauba wax and tree/gets/fruit oils from a company called doTERRA.

Currently using a Cypress, melaleuca, bergamot & cedarwood scent. Smells fantastic.
>>
>>925855
>fucking std ridden hippies
>>
Kirk's Castile Soap

Just as pure and simple as the hipster meme soaps only way cheaper. A three pack of bars can be acquired at the grocery store for $4.
>>
>>929289
>where you wash and get washed by other people.
W-what?
>>
I only use Pears.
Smells like Thyme or some shit.
>>
>>925325
What? Are you retarded? They shower almost daily.
Except for the scum of society.

Og Kobenhavn
>>
>>923528
I don't quite get it... with natural soaps you mean like handmade with all natural ingredients, not the mass production stoff with lots of parfume and aroma?
if so how do you suppose people will tell you some specific brands? You get those from small local shops. They are fucking hand made, man, they cannot offer them throughout the globe. just go to the sunday market or whatever it is called and look what your locals have. talk to them to find out more about it. plus by have a chat with them you usually get small presents as well when buying one. you know, a piece of another one so you know their whole range of products,
>>
>>925264
why?
>>
>>929289
>There is also a hippy culture around the soap, they use it over at Burning Man in the showers where you wash and get washed by other people.

are you homeless?
>>
>>929590
Burning man is a different place in a different time.

>>929742
No. I don't partake in such activities, that shit is wacky.
>>
File: kirks.png (141KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
kirks.png
141KB, 649x649px
>>925264
This and pic related is all I've used for over a year now. No complaints. Kirk's actually works great as a shampoo as well.
>>
>>923528
Soap fucks up your skin. Just wash and exfoliate
>>
>>929636
Funny because people from Copenhagen would normally shower pretty much. But most danes just have this wierd thing where they srs shower twice a week. I think its part of the whole viking thing and the fact that everything (even hot water) is expensive af
>>
>>924562
I fucking love goat milk.
Drink it everyday. No more acne, bloating or other problems.
Fuck cows.
>>
>>923528
Olive and laurel soap.
Also known as aleppo or alep soap.
>>
I should become a soap maker

>make a simple product that costs pennies
>put some "wise words" in old timey font on the label
>Sell it for $10 a bar
>>
File: 38757319.jpg (47KB, 746x493px) Image search: [Google]
38757319.jpg
47KB, 746x493px
>>929801
>Aleppo
What's that?
>>
>>929797
I'm a dane and I shower every 1 or 2 days. I have never heard of or witnessed this phenomenon. Only the worst people don't shower less than 3 times a week.

And everything is expensive because of high wages. Around 20$ is minimum wage.
>>
File: 81kOZZEn1FL._SL1500_.jpg (262KB, 1023x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81kOZZEn1FL._SL1500_.jpg
262KB, 1023x1500px
just use a natural lye soap or make your own.

https://www.amazon.com/Remwood-Prod-60018-Grandmas-Soap/dp/B001B4SEY8

https://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/how-to-make-soap-from-ashes-zmaz72jfzfre
>>
>>925264
>>929831

Fuck, why do I have to pick favorites with grandparents that aren't even mine?
>>
>>929830
If you go on the imdb page for Fritt Vilt, there is a particular review in which the (presumably American) writer mentions how his family hosted Norwegian exchange students who had "an aversion to showering and a fondness for Neutrogena"

It seemed an odd comment to me at the time, so I assumed it was some kind of American stereotype thing.
>>
>>929834
I use your grandpa for my armpits and your grandma likes to suds up my manly bits.
>>
>>929824
>>put some "wise words" in old timey font on the label

sell them on instagram and have unemployed models advertise them
>>
>>929923
Make sure they are vegan soaps too.
Bitches love vegan shit.
>>
>>925141
This
>>
>>926783
just think of it as ironic shitposting and it's not so bad
>>
>>929742
>Is he homeless?
No, a tripfag
>>
>>926484
Used to have the exact same labels in the 60s. My dad would stop by Doc Bronner's place in Escondido occasionally to shoot the shit. Usually managed to score a bottle or 2.

I actually read the whole label once. But, I've also read Battlefield Earth, so I have a track record of questionable decisions.
>>
File: saippua.jpg (18KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
saippua.jpg
18KB, 500x449px
>>923528
honey & birch
>>
>>923528
Pine tar is the shit mang
>>
File: Marilyn Chanbers with Ivory Sn.png (65KB, 264x370px) Image search: [Google]
Marilyn Chanbers with Ivory Sn.png
65KB, 264x370px
Ivory soap...though that soap scum residue is not a joke...it's very thick...get a woman to clean it up after.
>>
Has a consensus been reached on the Scandinavian thing?
Are they dirty unwashed pigs or not?
>>
>>923528
Ive been using equal parts used coffee grounds, sugar, and 1/3 part coconut oil as an exfoliant and moisturizer for a month. Sometimes add vanilla extract and cinnamon for more scent. Havent used soap and its working out fine

Use brown sugar and less oil for the face, its more gentle.

Havent used shampoo in years, just use a bit of baking soda if it feels greasy or dirty. rinse with chamomile tea as a conditioner.

Definitely dont smell or look gross. Havent found a decent homemade deodorant that I enjoy yet, but its cool not having to buy soap and shampoo, and like other anons said, it keeps your body producing balanced, lesser amounts of oils.
>>
>>932795
You like sugar? Try Sugar Soap.

I use it for scrubbing paint before painting to get better adhesion.

Also know as Tri-Sodium Phosphate.
>>
>>925320
I noticed the same thing when I cut out antiperspirants. Preventing yourself from sweating just can't be healthy. I don't use deodorant though, it's basically just perfume. Baking soda on the other hand actually kills the bacteria that produces odor, so you're not covering it up, you're actively preventing it.
>>
just ordered a 6 pack of Dr Bonner's hippy soap.

this shit better be as good of a recommendation as the x7 or you guys are getting a well made, for the price point, versatile and easily packable hatchet to the dome.
>>
I have been using bear fat soap recently.

Some american tourists shot a bear, and left it. A family friend found it and harvested the fat.

10/10

LOVELY.
>>
>>933575
> shot a bear, and left it.

what a bunch of fucks. people like this should not get to be called hunters. just fucking assholes. its one thing if you are going eat or use the parts but just killing shit to kill it and leaving it where its lies (esp in a place that's obliviously traveled by others) is fucking absurd.

also surprised coyotes didn't get to it first.

and yes im mad!!!
>>
>>929314
Kirk's used to be good but stopped using it in my rotation when they changed something and it burns my face bad.
>>
>>929826
According to the lore,
the city that kind of soap came from.
But I get where you're going with it.
>>
>unscented
>cinnamon

Which is it?
>>
>>935108
Unscented as in no essential oils or perfumes.

It contains cinnamon powder.
>>
>>925881
>I know for a fact that if you are not using a cloth you are disgusting.

I use extremely high pressure water (has given me bruises on occasion) and a metal blade to scrape all the dead skin away from my body. I assure you that I am very clean.
>>
Another vote for Dr. Squatch. The only downside is the bars only last a couple weeks max and they NEED to be on a wire soap holder so they can dry out completely.

Try one, then if you like it become a subscriber, way cheaper that way. I have them ship to me quarterly 6 bars, maybe twice a year I need them to send me one extra.
>>
Is paying extra for these brands of soap really worth it? Any major benefit over your regular store brands of soap?
>>
>>935112
>unscented as in it's still scented

But then it's scented using cinnamon powder. I'm not buying products from autistic niggers who can't use the English language properly.
>>
>>936020
I used Irish spring with aloe and had very dry skin, especially in the winter, Dr. Squatch made a significant impact.
>>
>>936020
its been a game changer for me. its like nice camping socks. can you get by using shitty value brand nice socks? yea most people do.

but then you get your first pair of polypro blend wicking ultracomfort and you realize you could been living a whole lot better for just a little more dough and there is no turning back.
>>
>>925263
no soap for over a year here. just hands when working on dirty things. and use dr broners. its great.

skin just doesnt smell except three places. right pit, left pit, groin. thats all. its bacteria growth. dark and damp. thats what bacteria likes. i just put coconut oil there and scrub with washcloth.

i second the exfoliation need when no soap. just use hand and water but rub vigourously.

i sometimes only shower once a week.

i dont smell. i have asked many honest at the sake of kindness people.

bo comes from diet and poor asswiping, excesssive masturbation, etc. bo persists through regular washing with soap.

healthy people just dont smell bad. daily body washing with soap being nescesary is just propaganda.
>>
>>926783
>>927165
its branding bro. the maker is dead. that label is renowned. why do you buy colgate that preaches that it is #1 dentist recomended. same shit.
>>
>>938047
Glad to know others are discovering the convenience of a healthier life as well.

A recommendation for ya. Try using essential oils suspended in water for a cleaning scrub instead of the bronners. I use 15 drops each of Peppermint, Lemon, Orange, Lavender, and Tea Tree oils in a 1liter container. I have a spray nozzle on it and use it for just about all my household cleaning as well as for really dirty times on my body and hands. Nice multi purpose anti viral, bacterial, and fungal. Initial investment is kinda steep for all the oils but they last forever since such a small amount is required. Can also function as a light perfume.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.