[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ approved writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: rite-in-the-rain.png (878KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
rite-in-the-rain.png
878KB, 700x700px
What kind of weatherproof pens/pencils does /out/ use?
>>
>>922868
engineering and/or mining books with pencil or spacepen for casuals

slate and fine chisel for hard core ancestors reading this if not wiping bums with this level
>>
I've been keeping hiking journals for the past 2 years, I just use normal paper notebook and a cheap mechanical pencil, both thrown into a big ziplock bag. Honestly, this whole belief that you need to spend big money on highly specialized equipment to do every little thing, bugs the fuck out of me. The activity itself should be the focus, not the tool.
>in b4 poorfag
>>
>>922868
Rite in the Rain. Works all the time.
>>
>>922868
I dont know if it will write on waterpoof paper, but inkless pens, which are essentially nibs of soft lead on a stick write very well on many surfaces, and come in keychain variety.

They are very smudge free, and pretty secure. I've been using one to write all my checks. Kinda looks like it was written by a pencil, but it wont smudge
>>
File: riteinrain.jpg (9KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
riteinrain.jpg
9KB, 225x300px
I dig write in the rain because its cheap and you get what you pay for. Its not just the waterproofing you pay for, its the durability of the paper too.
>>
>>923199
>but inkless pens, which are essentially nibs of soft lead on a stick write very well on many surfaces

...you mean a pencil?
>>
>>925033
No. Pencils are graphite.
>>
>>925040
Not 100%
>>
>>925081
Fine, graphite and clay. Faggot.
>>
>>922868
I have a desk drawer full of those green notebooks the army gave me. any mechanical pencil works.
>>
>>923199
who the fuck writes checks in 2017?
>>
>>925157
I write chex and I'll tell you why.

It means my dickface credit card companies and student loan servicers have to pay for paper, envelopes, and postage to send me paper bills in the mail. This costs them money, which I quite enjoy because FUCK THEM.

It's not like they give you discounts for going paperless. Fuckem, I'll call them to report a lost bill just to make them send another one :3c

this conclludes my blog post~~
>>
>>925158
top kek

I had.to bring a proof of adress to a store a few months ago, but all my bills are online now, so I had to resort to a credit card solicitation.
>>
File: 141242.png (238KB, 474x275px) Image search: [Google]
141242.png
238KB, 474x275px
>>925163
At least you had some innocuous junkmail to bring in so you didn't have to resort to bringing your latest issue of Chicks with Dicks

Junkmail can save your life:
https://youtu.be/IeVGhP3H_-A
>>
>>922868
I'd just keep it simple and cheap, so what >>923155 said.

Only if I knew that I would be required to take notes in a wet environment, which I can only imagine one would find yourself in in work situation, would I consider special purpose tools like Rite in the Rain notebooks.

Speaking of which, is there any other kind of environment or weather conditions aside from rain/water that one would need to worry about for basic writing tools and journaling functionality?

>>924560
From my calculation, Rite in the Rain notebooks are about ten times more expensive than regular notebooks, at least when compared to the cheapest stuff I can find in most large retail stores.

But, I don't require or desire quality or durability since whatever notes I take gets processed digitally and discarded.
>>
>>925081
Inkless pens use a lead alloy nib that makes a permanent mark on paper. They have nothing whatsoever to do with pencils.
>>
>>925175
in space pens don't function as well. so if you plan on going in space, bring a pencil.
>>
>>925189
>omg you retard! it uses lead to make a mark! nothing like a pencil!

not even sure if trolling or legit retarded
>>
File: 1469888929899.jpg (68KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1469888929899.jpg
68KB, 640x425px
>>925175
>Only if I knew that I would be required to take notes in a wet environment, which I can only imagine one would find yourself in in work situation, would I consider special purpose tools like Rite in the Rain notebooks.
>Speaking of which, is there any other kind of environment or weather conditions aside from rain/water that one would need to worry about for basic writing tools and journaling functionality?
Avalanche observations.
Depth/layers/grains in a profile, weak layers, angle/aspect/elevation, wind/weather... log all that data in my fieldbook along with a few photos, digitize and send to avy info center that evening.

There's a couple apps now that do some of that data capture, but touchscreen + gloves + cold weather + rain/snow makes logging that data on a phone nearly impossible.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>925175
>journaling functionality?

Surveying.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.