[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hygene when out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (66KB, 564x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 564x631px
Next summer I'm planning a 40 day bike tour. For sleeping I have a hammock, tarp and sleeping bag. And 2 sattlebags for storage.
I have never been out for so long.
What do you reccomend for hygene?
And how do you stay clean that long, and keep the sleeping bag from becoming a dank mess?
>>
>>922663
Are you traveling roads?
>take a whore bath at gas station bathroom.

Are you traveling on hike and bike trails?
>get a solar shower.

Bring a separate set of clothes for sleeping in.
>>
>>922663
How about wash your stuff in the morning, attach to bike while riding and dry it ultra fast?
I dont get why people dont wash themselves - you can get all kinds of diseases, plus remember that noone will want to contact with you if you stink.
Now listen closely....
Make a fireplace with a lot of big rocks around and inside the fireplace....
Burn the fire for few hours so the rocks get extremely hot.
Create like a tent type box with some sticks and tarp or anything you have.
Prepare bucket of water.
When the fire dies out get naked and put that tent over the hot rocks and get inside.
Start adding portions of water on the hot rocks and enjoy the hobo sauna.
Its easy, cheap and you will feel much cleaner...
Rub your dirty body down so all the sting gets out and yeah the main part is you need a water nearby.
When u think you are heated up really good just run to water jump in and enjoy.
You need.
Water source,
Tarp,
Sticks, (tent poles are great)
Rocks, (prefer river rocks so they dont blow up in your face when apply water)
Firewood....

I've done this and that shit is the best out you can get for no cash... Ywah and i prefer to add fresh green birch and oak (or whatever you have) branches on the ground for soft ground and good smell
>>
>>922663
Once in a while you'll probably wind up in a motel, so take a shower there. Use a sleeping bag liner.
>>
>>922663
1: Sponge bathe
2: Camp shower bag

Pick one or more. For your sleeping bag, use a sleeping bag liner you can wash from time to time. Couple that with proper bathing and it will keep your sleeping bag from getting funky any time soon. Remember to wash your clothing too.
>>
>>922714
What kind of pussy does this?

OP, when you get dirty enough to jump in a frigid stream or at least scoop it up and pour it over your head, that's when you do it.

Also, the word you're looking for is 'saddlebag'.
>>
>>922663
heavy-duty wet wipes and gold bond powder do wonders for making you feel less stanky

also, you can fill a washbasin (fabric folding kind or cheap stainless steel) with hot water and have a bird bath

>t. infantry foxhole dweller
>>
Here's how i do it on my week + bike trips.

BUY or steal:
- folding bucket
- wash rag or loofah (dries faster)
- biodegradable soap and detergent (dr bronsons whatever works great)
- have 2 sets of clothes made of polyester / spandex

HOW TO:
- fill bucket
- wash self with soap
- rinse self with bucket splashes
- refill bucket if needed
- wash clothes in bucket with soap by squeezing clothes repeatedly
- rinse clothes
- affix clothing to bike while riding to air dry
- get eaten by a bear because i basically had to teach you how to take a fucking bath...
>>
>>922663
Use a shower at a Loves or truck stop equivalent every few days.
>>
>>922670
>>922783
>>922812
The trip will be along the Danube, so there should be plenty of gastations along the way, although I really prefer the solar shower before going to bed.
The water quality will probably go to shit after Hungary, though... Is that too sketchy to shower or bathe in?
5% of the Romanian population isn't connected to waste-water-treatment facilities...

>>922705
>I dont get why people dont wash themselves
same here
great tipp with the birch and oak

>>922714
Motels aren't really my thing. This place isn't called /inn/, after all
>>
>>923572
>shower at truckstop
come back to empty 'sattlebags'
>>
>>923710
I'm in Texas so I haven't a clue what that water would be like.

That being said if you are worried about muddy water then use a bandana to filter out the water.

>open solar shower bag
>place bandana over opening
>secure with a couple rubber bands
>dunk in stream
>remove bandana and reseal bag
>keep water out of mouth
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.