[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CANADA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: algonquin provincial park.jpg (153KB, 630x422px) Image search: [Google]
algonquin provincial park.jpg
153KB, 630x422px
Hey /out/, I am planning a trip to camp and hike through canadian provincial and national parks this summer. Which parks are a must hit? Which parks are mediocre? I was planning on starting out in Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario.
>>
>>922164
self bump
>>
Banff
>>
File: whitegoat-wilderness-lakes.jpg (347KB, 1300x535px) Image search: [Google]
whitegoat-wilderness-lakes.jpg
347KB, 1300x535px
Alberta and BC. You can drive an hour or two and be in a completely different zone with different landscapes and scenery. I wouldn't bother with anything past Alberta. You need to travel long distances to hit everything on the east coast.
>>
File: canada.png (225KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
canada.png
225KB, 922x882px
>>922164
If you don't go to Algonquin you're a /pol/-tier retard.
>>
>>922164

Would be interested in responses to this as well. I have not gone camping in Canada but have done a lot in the Adirondacks in NY which seems comparable to Algonquin. Unfortunately that includes lots of other campers. Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater seems more remote and a better experience. Same with anything in the Rockies.
>>
Algonquin is cool, just try and stay off the front campsites because they're shit

>go to McIntosh Lake on an all day canoe trip (two portages, an easy groomed 300m one and a shitty 2-3km ish backwoods one with hills and rocks)
>big comfy quiet lake with lots of panfish
>get a campsite on an island with good breeze and hardly any bugs
>no worry of bear because the shore is like several hundred meters away
>on the way back stop over on a campsite closer to where we disembarked (teepee or little joe lake or someshit I forget)
>firepit is full of exploded bean cans and melted plastic
>somebody with a crayon set coloreded on all the trees
>pistachio shells and random garbage all over the short
>other campsites are so close that all you hear is people yelling and splashing in the water all day
>>
File: Lake Louise.jpg (1MB, 2333x1537px) Image search: [Google]
Lake Louise.jpg
1MB, 2333x1537px
>>922164
I've canoe camped in Algonquin and Mont Tremblant Parks, amazing and you should definitely visit this area, do some whitewater rafting on the Ottawa river while you're there. Gatineau park north of Ottawa is also great for hiking/trail running/canoeing/mountain biking

Also Banff/Yoho/Jasper national parks are world class and you could spend months here alone
>>
File: skyline trail.jpg (167KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
skyline trail.jpg
167KB, 1024x683px
>>922164
If you're coming to the east coast go through Nova Scotia. First, hit Kejimkujik national park and do some hiking and paddling. There's a couple of lakes where you can go island hopping and camp out. The night skies there are famously dark.

Than, make your way to Cape Breton and check out the skyline trail. You can travel the cabot trail to get there. Guaranteed moose sightings if you go. Also, the views are unbelievable.
>>
>>922216
please don't mention that shitty containment board on my beloved /out/.
>>
>>922366
Fair enough.
>>
>>922374
Thanks
>>
Cape Breton is god tier. Skyline is pretty good but just north of there is a place called plesent bay there you will find a trail head to a place called pollets cove. Well worth the 3 hour hike or if your lazzy rent a sea kayak
>>
>>922486
Fuck cape breton, mainland or nothing faggot. Keep.your poverty and substance abuse to yourself you filthy cretin
>>
>>922514
C'mon now. It's still great for /out/ings. And i'm a mainlander.
>>
Quetico, son.
>>
You sound like north Preston scum.
>>
Hey Leafs! is there any informative and active canadian bushcraft/hiking forum out there? looking for one, coz my climate is same as Canadian. Hunting for knowledge.
>>
>>923336
Eh, its all the same principle. Just learn about your native plants and animals
>>
>>922164
Jasper National Park. Avoid Banff unless you want to be swarmed with foreign tourists. Drive the Icefields Parkway in Alberta.
>>
>>922216
>implying /pol/ isn't best board
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.