[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primitive HOUSE construction sources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: MudHouse.jpg (4MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
MudHouse.jpg
4MB, 3888x2592px
So im looking for information about primitive home construction. Mud, wattle, wood, all the good stuff. I couldnt find much useful that went beyond scratching the surface of the matter.
Especially looking for mud construction, its so versatile

>inb4 primitive technology
cool but more of a meme, i want to build a house not a shed
>>
>use the techniques from Primitive Technology
>make the house bigger than the one he built
>????????
>profit

I'm not really seeing a lot of elements in the design that aren't scalable.
>>
>>921583
Primitive makes horrible chucksheds. Uses like the most spindly fucking saplings as stucture to hold up the heavy ass roofs he puts on. Death traps really... Plus he doesn't debark anything.

>>921574
You just have to experiment roof styles and designs.. They are the hardest part. The structure is easy if you over engineer everything you cannot be wrong.
>>
>>921583
Maybe building what amounts to adjoining shacks, keeping the main structural bits isolated in case one fails. Assuming theres no hvac or electicity.
>>921574
What's wrong with a log cabin
>>
>>921615
I'm not seeing how the basic techniques here are wrong or can't be adapted to something bigger

>build a slightly elevated foundation with rocks for drainage
>use big-ass pieces of lumber and mortise and tenon joints to make a frame
>build up and support the lumber frame with rock/mud walls
>add thatch or terra cotta tiling as a roof
>?????????
>profit

Obviously, if you're doing the walls ahead of the roof, you want to get a bit of good weather so you can have everything done before the rain comes.
>>
have you checked this out? written by one of the founders of the Boy Scouts and published in 1914 so it's the real deal.
>>
>>921675
I have this. It's good but doesn't cover mud/ stone structures at all.
>>
>>922416
>>921574
Well OP you're gonna have to be sent to a third world country to report on their methods. Write your own damn book. I'd buy.
>>
Why do people ask stupid ass questions like this instead of using google or youtube for 30 seconds?
>>
>>922436
They want attention.
>>
Google cord wood houses s
>>
>>921675

Just looked this up, reading it now. I'm at the part about how to build a "fagot shack".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.