[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet for /out/ locations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: bulverde.jpg (140KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bulverde.jpg
140KB, 640x360px
I found some land outside the city but the only plots that have cable and internet hookups are part of hoa custom build communities. I found out about fixed wireless internet. Will this kind of internet be good enough for 2 people using 4chan/ youtube/ skype/ netflix? The land I am interested in is flat and cleared.
>>
Ask the realtor or drive around and look for some signs for internet. There is one in the San Antonio area thats called bluesky or something like that. It works fairly well.
>>
>>921370
>bluesky
I found that there are around 6 providers that serve the area I am looking at but I don't know how well they function. Like will i be able to watch netflix or will we have to take turns going on the net?
>>
>>921364
I can go out in the middle of national forests and still get (spotty) 4g coverage.

how remote is your little 10 acre plot?
>>
>>921374
My mom uses it at her place and it works for watching amazon prime moves and youtube. Other than that I can't say.
>>
File: i-93xrgnJ-L.jpg (75KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-93xrgnJ-L.jpg
75KB, 338x600px
Wireless ISP's are fine. The radios are solid, reliable, and fast. Not much more latency than you get with residential cable/dsl.
50mbit links even with cheap gear is easy to do (10-20 miles LoS). If you really need capacity, backhaul radios are capable of gigabit+ speeds over 50 miles (at over $1k/link though).

As distance increases, path loss increases, speeds go down. I've shot close to 50 miles with a cheap (~$250 for radio+dish on each side, mountain-top to mountain-top) link and been able to pull 25mbit over it.

WISPs will generally rent you the equipment (radio + POE injector + dish), and get you ethernet in the location, taking care of the link, install, and alignment.

Satellite is still terrible. Good for basic web browsing/email, terrible for anything that requires low latency (chat, VoIP, don't even think about gaming on it). Slow and highly variable.

4G/LTE is doable, but expensive, especially if you're streaming video. Sometimes I'll install cellular gateways on a site so I'll still have a fallback if microwave/VPN/cable/whatever other WAN connection I have goes out on the site.... but all i'm doing with that is configuring radios and power/security equipment.
>>
>>921481
thanks a lot mate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.