[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/. First time here, but I need to know what the comfiest,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

Hey /out/. First time here, but I need to know what the comfiest, warmest, underwear you know of is.

Like, undershirts and longjohns.

I figured this would be the best place to ask.
>>
Piggybacking this thread
What does /out/ where on there lower body in the summer or winter? There are millions of vests, shirts, and jackets to choose from but I don't know what to look for in pants.
>>
>>919344
This.

I'm asking because I ride a motorcycle in the wintertime, and while my upper body is fine, my lower body gets cold as fuck.
>>
I found myself a set of Hanes 100% polyester fleece silvers. They were a little expensive ($40 apiece but I got them on sale for $20 for each the top and bottom) but they are unbelievable. For cold weather you should really only go for synthetic or wool. These Hanes ones can be tough to find buttfuck they're so good.

I had been using the usual cheep cotton waffle fabric silvers and I swear those made me colder. The tagless polyester fleece ones are absolutely hnngful.
>>
>>919354
Buttfuck
>>
>>919342
Depends on if I'm lounging around the house or doing something outdoors.

Lounging around I'm happiest with Russell sweat pants/shirt and going commando underneath.

Any kind of summer time hiking or mountaineering I won't wear any long underwear on the bottom. It's a rare situation I want anything other than softshell pants on. Piling on layers at night in your sleeping bag is another story though.

Capilene is a great base layers for the outdoors.
>>
>>919342
Can't go wrong with heavyweight merino wool.
>>
Merino wool is extremely comfy and warm. I wore it all last winter working outside up in the mountains during blizzards. It got down to -8 one night and I was mighty cozy.
>>
>>919349
Long underwear and you can get pants that are lined with fleece or flannel. Could also try wearing shell snow pants to keep the wind and water out.
>>
>>919342
frigo
Look it up, thank me later. Expensive as fuck but worth every shekkel
>>
>>920611
nothing's coming up brah
>>
Patagonia thermal weight base layers are my favorite
>>
>>919342
me personally I find wool too itchy and hot when inside. To be fair I never tried merino. But I found polar fleece to be also very warm but not too hot when I head inside. Also dries much faster than wool. Quite durable also surprisingly. I haven't had to change any of them yet and I'm going on 7 years now with them.
>>
>>920653
Merino is the only wool you want to wear next to skin.
>>
Omniheat long johns are fucking amazing and they keep a lot of water out. For that purpose, they beat the shit out of cotton.

They're expensive though, and their reflective properties eventually become reduced.
>>
>>920616

Look up Frigo RevolutionWear

not him but the only thing I could find.
>>
>>919342
I wear Asics running leggings but Uniqlo heatteach leggings are like 10$ and also pretty decent. I used them more for running than under clothes so odor control is important for me.
>>
I have Carhartts, which are expensive ($40) but do an incredible job. If you want God tier nut sweat in the Arctic type shit buy a 20 dollar pair of fleece lined sweats at walmart to wear under your pants
>>
For snowboarding i wear under armor cold gear over some wool longjohns. This way i dont have to wear any other pants under my snowpants
>>
Merinowhool
>>
>>919342
mehrino wool
>>
I always wear merino whool long johns. They're warm and dry, it's perfect.
>>
whool silvers
>>
File: 20170101_161014.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170101_161014.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
My sister just got me this for Christmas. Pretty comfy, not that warm on its own.
>>
>>922507
nice! those onsies are pretty sweet. i guess they're not really sposta be warm on their own, but as an underlayer they're a game changer
>>
>>922510
The only thing hard about it is taking a shit or piss. I always feel like I'm going to get something on it.
>>
File: CyETMF9VQAAZfL7.jpg (8KB, 159x227px) Image search: [Google]
CyETMF9VQAAZfL7.jpg
8KB, 159x227px
>>922518
as long as they have a buttflap it's manageable. but yeah it can see it requiring a bit of extra care
>>
If you don't mind the compression (I like it, personally) then Nike Pro Hyperwarm compression leggings are a warm, typically well made base layer for your legs. I do outdoor running and such, not so much multi-day excursions.
>>
My friend just got back from Ukraine, and bought me these $3 wool leggings. They are hella fucking warm, not itchy, so its some decent blend. No label, probably old soviet stock.

anyway, warm as fuck. Here the same shit would probably be like $60-100
>>
File: rab-ps-bib-black.jpg (56KB, 1250x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rab-ps-bib-black.jpg
56KB, 1250x1200px
All about the power stretch bib. Little on the expensive side, but when active its good to -15 with just hardshell pants over the top. Ive seen people layer it with mountaineering sallopets, but id imagine thats for extreme cold weather use.
>>
>>919342
Woolpower.
A good blend of merino wool and synthethics, knit with terry loops for maximum fluffyness and trapped air. Extremely flexible, acceptable durability. Available in a variety of garments and in different material weights. (Weight does not correspond to warmth, so you best start out with the light 200 one). Half of european special forces use it.
That said, they're being a bit jewish about their brand and their market position, so if you can find another terry knit baselayer, it will probably work pretty much the same.
>>
>>924197
>Woolpower
best thing there is, but really expensive.
>>
A bit topical since it seems to be -30c outside atm.

Layering is the best way to go.
In these temperatures I go with boxer shorts, long johns and any kind of pants on top.
Torso is protected by a telnyashka or a t-shirt, wool sweater and a fleece jacket.
None of the clothes have lining on them since layering seems to do the job of keeping me warm well enough.
If I were to spend a lot of time relatively immobile outside then I'd go with another layer of clothing on top, maybe a woolen trench coat or something.
>>
>>922545
>>922518
you mean you dont strip completely naked when voiding?
>>
File: poope.png (256KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
poope.png
256KB, 700x700px
>>924363
i only do that if i'm swimming anon
>>
If you have $200 to drop, icebreaker 260s are the world's best
>>
>>919342
What do you think of USGI Level 2 pants compared to anything else?
>>
>>924959
Wearing their 260's top now with Smartwool bottom and REI Merino socks.

Basically Merino head to toe. Esp when I put on my Smartwool bennie.

I do have a poly short tee next to skin and wear a cotton bung cover, though (never trust a fart).

It's taken me over a year to get where I want with my wool baselayers, and anon is right, my 260 Icebreakers are still my best!

But I also use silk longs for the shoulder seasons.
>>
>>926742

army vet queer here, level 2 is for casual and level 1 is for outdoorsman who go long distances. After many adventures in -14 F windchill and wearing proper ECWCs layers i can tell you wafflebottoms make your asshole and balls sweaty.

my personal stuff is now level 1 USGI longjohns, an Arcteryx Rho LT top, and some British army flame retardant longjohns made of nomex

i prefer the british army flame retardant longjohns because there is easier access to my penis so i can easily urinate over the mountaintop, plus they're comfortable and have a generous undercarriage for massive balls
>>
>>922510
>>922518
No, you really should get a two-piece set. You're not a fucking baby. I would recommend getting Primaloft insulated longjohns at L.L. Bean. That's about as warm as you're gonna get.
>>
Montbell thermawrap tek pants, easy to put on over pants when not active. And/or ecwcs level 2(I think) mid weight fleece pants for a cheap long John option.
>>
>>919342

adidas tracksuits op
>>
>>919342
For the money, uniqlo heat tech is the way to go if you're gonna stay dry. It's a cotton blend so no go if it's wet.

Otherwise I just wear whatever cheap compression tights I can find on amazon.
>>
>>927170
>you really should get a two-piece set.
but why? I don't have a two-piece sleeping bag or a two-piece bivvy, nor a two-piece wetsuit or two-piece painter's coveralls.
>>
union suits is the only way in the winter.
>>
>>927208
this
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.