[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Helikon-tex army poncho in winter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mTkELgEF2QPl9Io7NYh3Itg.jpg (19KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
mTkELgEF2QPl9Io7NYh3Itg.jpg
19KB, 225x169px
Hello /out/ists
After 2 days im going on a 50 mile hike.
Its winter here in Latvia, well its warm but theres no snow...
soo in the trip im going to stay 3 nights in forest and im thinking should i use poncho shelter ? i wont freeze to death?, its going to be -3 degreese?i know i sound like a faggot but should i sleep in poncho shelter or sleep in shelter made of sticks ?

Yeah and its helikon-tex poncho, just bought it, never used it..
>>
>>918728
>poncho shelter
>shelter made of sticks

Doesn't matter. What matters is how good your sleeping bag is.
>>
>>918738
And pad! Even with a proper bag without a proper pad you will be cold!
>>
Nosalsi kā prusaks... You need good thermo clothing and good sleeping bag... 1cm thick yoga pad wont work. Uz kurieni iesi?
>>
>>918728
>>919109
Sveiki, /out/isti, any good spots you would recommend or atleast your favorites so far?
>>
>>919128
Sveiks. Which part of LV interested?
>>
>>919141
Doesn't matter, really, there's three of us who usually go together, so transport isn't a problem
>>
>>919143
I know some places. Depends on what kind of experience looking for. From?
>>
>>919145
Quite literally anything, gotta try something new!
In Riga most of the time, however i reside in Jēkabpils - the place you gotta visit, there's an old airport about 10 kilometre's away from the town, it's beautiful in the summer, one step away
from the bushes.

>As long as you don't get Fast&Furious fanboys and their E36's swarming the place - in that case your night is fucked.

Where are you from?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-26-21-37-03.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-26-21-37-03.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Liepāja.
Usually fishing trips by the river.
My secret spot is 141km from Rīga to Liepāja on road a9. You can look it up on google map if you put in starting location riga with text.
Its a hike where you need to cross stream on a fallen tree, walk on hills and enjoy view from a hilltop on a mineral landslides on a shores from the river. I usually make a camp next to that place where is a small waterfall. Last time i as there in spring. Had my fiahing rod with me so while we were chilling and drinking tea i cought a pretty good chub. We managed to cook it perfectly on a grill made out of green branches. Definately my best out place where is plenty of wild edibles, trout and other fish too.
>>
>>919168
Thank you so much, sounds really nice, will definetly look into it.
>>
File: IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160302-WA0010.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>919175
That poncho aint good for our climate... Its kinda small so dont get much cover from sides, windand rain will be a problem and the fucking mosquitos in summer will eat you alive. Im kinda lurking for a decent tent but the price range starts from around 150 for something that wont get humid as fuck inside.
>>
>>919209
And for mat i think you should go with regular inflatable. These self inflating are not as good for us... take a lot of space and get you like only few cm above the ground
>>
Ive slept outside in ~-5 under a tarp.

have warm clothes, i had a n-3b parka, pants and legggings.
cut spruce with your axe and put under pad, 1.5cm pad is FINE.¨
Hang your tarp low, secure it well.
make fire to cook on and dry boots on, dont crawl in sack yet.
Once fire dies down and youre ready to sleep crawl in sack with your clothes on.

Like this you wont be cold even without a fire, and with a 3-season bag. I swear I wasnt cold once through the night.
>>
Cold
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.