[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dental Hygiene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 777646120_500.jpg (39KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
777646120_500.jpg
39KB, 800x539px
Building my first BOB/INCH bag and I'm wondering about taking care of my teeth.

What's a good dental hygiene option? Long-term or natural? I realize frontiersmen probably didn't fret as much, but it's worth looking into.
>>
>>918106
Baking soda. I carry one small gatorade bottle filled with the stuff and use it as toothpaste, deodorant and sometimes seasoning on fish when I forget to pack regular salt.
>>
>>918106
Tea tree oil if you Wana go natural.

Dilute first
>>
ash/coal from the fire - obviously cooled. Tastes like shit but it'll help remove stains from your teeth
>>
>>918106
Just bring a travel tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush. It's not that heavy and dental hygiene is very important for your health.
>>
>>918106
Short term (1 week): 1 toothbrush, 1 tube of toothpaste, roll of floss, toothpicks
Med-term (1 month): 1 toothbrush, 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, several rolls of floss, toothpicks

Don't forget the floss. There's nothing worse than getting something good and stuck between your teeth where it will start swelling your gums. Both meat and vegetables can do that, though it may be rather rare that it happens.

>>918568
>Tea tree oil
>in your mouth

Enjoy your vertigo. Use diluted mint oils instead. Tea tree oil compounds build up in your system. Your mouth absorbs it to a small extent. Then suddenly you start having problems every time you use it or randomly. You'll be sitting down doing nothing then the room will start spinning like you're drunk. If you keep using it, it only gets worse and confusion will start.

>>919004
Making lye to brush your teeth isn't very good for your enamel. Even with baking soda, you should only use it at most, once a week.
>>
>>919191
I've used baking soda daily for years.

You just won't find a study the proves the efficacy of it because the ADA only does studies that benefit oral hygiene companies.

>$50 electric toothbrush?
ADA recommended!
>0.50 cent box of baking soda?
ADA boardmembers don't own stock in that.
>>
>>919226
I only use it once a week at most. I normally use only a toothbrush, water, and a washrag that has thick nap. The washrag really really polishes up the teeth far more than any toothbrush can ever do.
>>
File: pop_up_steak-2-Chuck-Eye-Steak.jpg (62KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
pop_up_steak-2-Chuck-Eye-Steak.jpg
62KB, 400x480px
Last time I went camping I didnt take any floss. I ate my chuck eye steak the first night because it had thawed out a little earlier than I had expected .
I stayed out for 3 more nights and had a great time but when I finally got home I flossed out several big chunks of rotting steak from between my teeth.
They stunk to high fucking heaven but had an amazing beef flavor that I will never forget.
I wonder how long it is safe to age beef in this manner?
>>
>>919329
I can't tell if that's disgusting or fascinating.

Meat used to be aged regularly until the FDA decided to Nerf our entire diet. Now, we have so little bacterial resistance that even milk upsets most peoples' delicate tummies.
>>
>>918106

Brush with charcoal
Floss with sinew or thread
Pick your teeth with a whittled toothpick

This would be a long term solution. Some floss, paste and a brush would suffice in a normal situation. If shit actually hits the fan you'll likely be dead before you need to worry about dental hygiene.
>>
>>919435
People adjust pretty quick. If you kept two extra brushes and tubes of toothpaste, you'd have adjusted to the hard truth of life long before a cavity sets in. Hardened men pull rotten teeth straight out without asking for permission from a dentist.
>>
>>919333
>so little bacterial resistance that even milk upsets most peoples' delicate tummies

Are you trolling? This has nothing to do with "bacterial resistance".
>>
>>919191
Tea tree oil is harmless as long as you dilute and rinse your mouth out well.

It doesn't magically build up in your mouth.
>>
>>919537
What do you think "aging" is? The reason meat gets more flavorful and tender is because its getting broken down by bacteria. That's why we age milk to make cheese and yogurt, and age cheese to make roquefort and brie. Hence, my explanation in response to the inquiry "safe to age beef?".

But really, though. I'd like to know what you thought the term aging meant.
>>
>>919547
Enjoy your vertigo, kid.
>>
>>919626
It means allowing the enzymes in the meat to break down the connective tissue and make the meat more tender. If you have bacteria anywhere aside from the surface you're doing it wrong you dumb nigger.
>>
Depends on how long you're going to be /out/

If it were going to be a long ass time I'd just bring a toothbrush and make charcoal paste with coals.
>>
>>918106
maintaining teeth is something most people don't consider. Your life can be absolute hell with teeth problems. I have a system that has left me cavity free for some years now. arm and hammer baking soda toothpaste to brush and I also use it on the floss to keep the gumline clean. Then I take a dab of toothpaste with novamin in it and just let it mix with saliva and work it around my mouth for a few minutes to remineralize where I just cleaned. As a floss alternative I was thinking of using braided dacron fly fishing backing since it would probably last longer in a long term situation than actual floss.

If I had to improvise I'd probably brush with ash and floss with whatever fibers I could get my hands on. The main concerns are making sure the gumline is clean and there isn't food sitting between the teeth for extended periods.
>>
>>919333
I thought milk and people's intolerance with it has to do with lactose and varying degrees of enzymes that break down lactose?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.