/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will he protect our federal lands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Ryan_Zinke-137-600x400.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan_Zinke-137-600x400.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
will he protect our federal lands?
>>
>>915739
I don't know what I think about him, but the forest service and national park service could really use their money more wisely.
>>
File: 19.png (17KB, 366x600px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
17KB, 366x600px
>>915750
yes the gumbmit should hold onto as much money as possible and not feed it back into the paychecks of the american citizens and companies who work for them
>>
>>915739
A) no.
B) who the fuck is he?
C) no.

And I'm getting tired of selecting sushi on a subterranean mutation board.
>>
As >our congressman he insisted he was in favor of keeping federal lands federal. We'll see if he keeps his word.
>>
>Zinke "frequently votes against environmentalists on issues ranging from coal extraction to oil and gas drilling" and received a 3 percent rating from the League of Conservation Voters.[21] Nevertheless, Zinke broke with most Republicans on the issue of transfers of federal lands to the states, calling such proposals "extreme" and voting against them.[22] In July 2016, Zinke withdrew as a delegate to the Republican nominating convention in protest of a plank in the party's draft platform which would require that "certain" public lands be transferred to state control. Zinke said that he endorses "better management of federal land" rather than transfer
>>
>>915739
Depends on what you mean by protect...

I see a lot of oil drilling and mining. But it seems likely he and Trump will oppose selling/transfer. And transfer is far worse if you ask me - once its transferred to and subsequently sold by the states, its gone and gone forever - at least with drilling and mining, it can eventually be restored albeit in a generation or two.
>>
>>915798
this.
>>
>>915755
He's not the worst guy Trump had on his short list, but given that the list included Sarah Palin, an oil executive, a fracking magnate, and a venture capitalist, I'd say the Interior lucked out, relatively speaking.
>>
>>915798
Im confused how you plan on restoring mountain tops in 2 generations.
>>
>>915751
Efficiency has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>915867
Same way they got mined: bulldozers and dump trucks
>>
>>915889
I think efficiency is neat for sure, but it's nearly impossible for the gumbmit to waste money as it's just returning it* to the taxpayers and economy from when it was stolen in the first place.

*unless it's going overseas as commerce or aid to the likes of Chiner, Israel, Africa, or Haiti
>>
File: 20161203_155001.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_155001.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>916261
Not the same, now is it?
>>
>>916268
>Not the same, now is it?
I don't know... do you have a before photo?
>>
File: 1281378669684.jpg (30KB, 451x263px) Image search: [Google]
1281378669684.jpg
30KB, 451x263px
>>916268
it's like one giant retard cairn
>>
>>916268
Are you saying you'd rather have it not restored at all?
>>
>>916268
Look and see "restoration" by dump truck and bulldozer.

>look
>see
>impregnate brain with truth
>>
>>916283
Mining reclamation is pretty damn hard, especially because most invasive plants love disturbed sites, so you have to monitor it and work on it for years before it goes back to the way it kinda was before.
>>
>>916265
Tell that to the politicians at the Minnesota Capitol Building who decided it was necessary to execute a multi million dollar refurbishment of their meeting room or some shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.