[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Target compound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BOWTECHFuel.jpg (28KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
BOWTECHFuel.jpg
28KB, 640x400px
What is a good target compound bow that wont murder my wallet? Ideally below 600 usd
>>
All the big names make good bows, Bowtech, Matthews, Hoyt, etc.....

Much of it is which one feels good to you.

If you have an archery shop near you, you should go an shoot a few and see what feels good to you in your price range.

If you go for a used bow, you can find a good deal, just make sure it is right for you, as in draw length and poundage. Some are adjustable some are not.

There are a lot of great bowhunting and archery sites, archery talk, texasbowhunter.com, etc......
>>
>>915491
I keep hearing complaints on how hunting compound bows are inferior in accuracy to target bows, is that a meme or not?
>>
>>915551
Not that guys but yes.

compound bows for hunting are some of the most accurate bows full stop, so yes. it's a meme. Their accuracy blows any recurve out of the water.
>>
>>915551

Sort of. Target bows tend to be longer axle-to-axle compared to hunting bows. Long ATA bows give you a string angle such that you can anchor with the string touching your nose without needing to move your head, basically, which lends itself to shooting more repeatably. You can get longer ATA hunting bows too though (34-35"), but not target bow long (more like 37-40").

The rest of it is in how the bow is set up and what you've got on it - all else being equal, long rods, a scope and a blade rest will get better target scores than a bow with a 5-pin sight, whisker biscuit and an 8" stabiliser. The target set up is going to be grossly impractical to hunt with though.

An actual target bow for $600 is kind of tough. You might be able to get a secondhand PSE supra for the money. A new PSE phenom is $700, and a used on would definitely be under budget for you. Win & Win Dragonfly and Win & Win Blast worth a look also.

Keep in mind though, you might find a bow for $600 or under, but once you've got a scope, rest, rods, release aid and arrows, you'll likely be well over.
>>
All of my friends are hunters. I don't really run with people that just target shoot.

The point about axle to axle length is valid, but I don't think that is the biggest difference.

People that are just shooting targets, often shoot very light arrows. They are not concerned on getting that arrow through the animal. A smaller lighter arrow will fly faster and flatter than a heavy hunting arrow with heavy head. Light arrows are also lounder and harder on your bow.

Todays hunting compounds, in my opinion, are so close to so called target bows that I would let it sway me from making a decision either way.
>>
Sorry, I got distracted, the next door neighbor kid is hunting hogs on my property tonight and needed a my advice.

Todays hunting compounds are very accurate. I think the person holding it, is the limiting factor. They often shoot over 300 fps, and carbon arrows are manufactured to such good tolerances, the human is the only issue.

That being said, most of my friends and family do our archery 40 yards and closer. I set up my traditional shots for 15 to 20.

We can talk about accessories another time if you want...as in sights, arrow rests, peep sights, and release aids, etc.....
>>
>>915422
Stop what you're doing and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Lars Andersen has worked hard to debunk the Hollywood myths of modern archery, and it pays to learn what they are and how to avoid them yourself. Modern archery teaches that you need THINGS to be good, compound bows that are dangerous and expensive, fiber optic sights that won't make you a better shot, stabilizers that build in you bad habits. THESE ARE NOT THINGS THE BEST ARCHERS OF THE PAST USED. Lars scoured ancient texts to rediscover the knowledge lost to time, to corporate meddling, to help the archery community as a whole return to their practical and useful roots.

Things will not make you a better archer, practice, dedication, learning the lessons of those before you and applying them to your training, these will turn you into an archer of old proper capability.
>>
>>915707

I'm sure this is all completely true, but HOLY SHIT what a fucking autist.
>>
>>915491
Bear is also a great brand! Just got one recently and it's awesome!
>>
>>915707
This gotta be a troll, noone can be that stupid
>>
>>915707
I can't tell if you're a shill or just fucking stupid.
>>
>>915720
>autist
>for spreading the truth
lol.

>>915863
Nope, did you watch the video?

>>915865
Stupid because I don't buy into your idiotic hollywood hype?
>>
>>915707
Standard thread derail tactic. Just ignore it guys.
>>
>>915726
Bear is a fine brand, I have owned a few myself. Congrats on getting yours.
>>
since this is an archery thread, can someone point me in the direction for a good crossbow?
>>
>>915551
Compounds r gay but they're absolutely the most consistent and accurate type of bow, aside from crossbows. Plus the high velocity gives you a much flatter trajectory than any target recurve could dream of.
>>
>>916193
See >>915707
>>
>>915707
Ignore this faggot, he apparently feels the need to take a massive autistic shit in every archery thread.
>>
File: 1476947911518.jpg (182KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476947911518.jpg
182KB, 1000x1000px
>>915691
sadly, i live in a country where no fun is allowed, I would personally prefer hunting to target shooting, but the place I study at has nothing close to anything to do with hunting.

>>915687
yeah, blast looks good, what do you think about other bows like the martin lithium ltd? heard some good stuff from it

also, /out/ is a pretty comfy board, I hope it stays that way
>>
>>916223
>telling the truth is now autism
okay buddy.
>>
Bowtech Carbon Icon. Excellent bow
>>
>>916361
>>916361
Yes that is unfortunate, but....

A couple of years ago, a young man from Germany made friends with a bunch of people on a Texas hunting site.

He save up his money and then came to the U.S. He spent about a month, moved around the state staying with different people and hunting and shooting both bows and guns.

The point being, you may have to live in a place that doesn't allow it, but perhaps you could travel. If is person has a desire or dream, they can often make it happen if they want it badly enough.
>>
>>916388
>autistic copying and pasting the same shit over and over in every thread on the topic of archery and linking damn near every reply to said shit post isn't autistic shitposting.

Whatever you say retard.
>>
>>916518
Stay uninformed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.