[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I catch the fish, then what? should I set it free or eat it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
so I catch the fish, then what? should I set it free or eat it?

It seems unlogical to spend so long trying to catch a fish then to let it go. however, i dont like to eat fish. is it purely the thrill of the catch that makes fishing so fun? why do all my friends enjoy catching fish then letting them go? seems like their favourite pass time while camping but ive been putting it off on the basis that i dont like fish. Can someone convince me otherwise?

Also does the hook etc hurt the fish/have long term effects on their health.
>>
>>915157
fishing without eating them is only viable when you're not starving

in my worthless opinion, fish when you're hungry, or practice fishing for WHEN you're hungry
>>
>>915157
Fishing can be both a sport and a method for food/survival. I don't mind releasing fish. Ensures that I will be able to catch him again some other time when he's even larger and harder to trick.
>>
>>915180
Also, there are tons of catch and release fishing channels on youtube. 1rod1reel is my favorite, but others are good too(except peric, that kid is a tard). You could check them out and try to find the appeal.
>>
Fishing is murder.

Fish feel pain.
>>
File: 1463009543484.jpg (90KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
1463009543484.jpg
90KB, 600x544px
>>915183
>tfw dink swallows the hook
>get too frustrated trying to get it out
>say fuck it, grab the line and start swinging the fish around like a lasso until the hook rips out or the line breaks
>>
>>915189
Just leave it on and use it as bait.
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>915183
That's why you bash their head in with a big rock before you put a knoife through their brain.

>>915157
Just don't be a nigger. If you are hungry, catch a bunch of bluegill and perch, even catcfish. They are plentiful, easy to catch, and taste better than most of the gamefish. If you have high levels of melanin and feel the need to keep and eat gamefish like bass or norther pike, don't keep the monsters. Keep one or two just above keeper size and release the big ones.
>>
File: IMG_0982.gif (17KB, 98x98px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0982.gif
17KB, 98x98px
>>915183
>>
>>915193
>>915189

This is horrible and shows the level of cruelty to animals with feelings.

Fish watch the phases of the moon and know the season's more than humans.
>>
>>915198
And they are full of poisonous chemicals.
>>
>>915202
>mfw pepper spraying your trip
>>
>>915204
kek
>>
>>915204
>TFW I'm immune to pepper spray

I wouldn't worry about it though.
>>
>>915157
>Also does the hook etc hurt the fish/have long term effects on their health
If you're actively fishing with lures and spoons, then the hook normally wont hurt the fish. If you want to be sure, then use single circle hooks instead of treble hooks, they tend to hook them behind the jaw, which is what you want.
If you're fishing with live bait or imitation and the line isnt tight at all times, sometimes the fish will swallow the hook before you can set it. If that happens, you cant re-release them. Use a big hook to avoid it, and try to keep the line tight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.