[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water purification kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 14544586984_73920810e1_k.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
14544586984_73920810e1_k.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
What's the best setup for water filtration that includes a) some sort of reservoir e.g. a camelback, and b) a water filter connected directly so that you can stick e.g. a hose in water source and pump it through the filter straight into the reservoir. All parts must be connected
>>
Diagram would be handy too
>>
>>914723
Platypus Gravity Works.
>>
Looking for something cheap, how is the sawyer (particularly the mini)
>>
>>915144
The Sawyer is great. I used it on the PCT to hike 2,600 miles of desert, forest, alpine terrain. I like the regular size because of the faster flow rate. Used it with an Evernew bottle and a Platypus drinking bladder. Two containers is good so that you can add electrolytes to the clean bottle. If you have just one container, you’ll have to add them to the dirty water and possibly end up filtering them out plus getting sugar into your filter.

> b) a water filter connected directly so that you can stick e.g. a hose in water source and pump it through the filter straight into the reservoir

If you're looking for a pump, then a Sawyer won't work. You could get the MSR Guardian.
>>
>>915150
So does it function well (at all) if you just drop it in a river and drink from the straw?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>915156
Yeah, that works but is rarely done because you have to crouch down and put your head so close to the ground. You could also buy tubing at a hardware store to extend it but what’s the point? IMO straw functionality is a total gimmick. Just fill your container and filter it.
>>
>>915168
figured as much, thanks!
>>
>>914749
Fuck me you idiots.
>>
File: 20161215_114545.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161215_114545.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Quick disconnects so i dont have to remove my bladder to fill up. just squeeze water right into the pouch until full.

100oz platy hoser, sawyer mini, disconnect kit, old shutoff valve from camelback.
>>
Gravity works or Sawyer if you aren't going to be out in temps below 0c. Even then if it's just nights that are getting that cold I'll bring a plastic bag to put the filter in and keep it in my sleeping bag over night.

If it's legit freezing then either boil, tablets, or a MiniWorks.
>>
>>915168
>>915156
Use a cup you mongs. Using a cup also ensure you can allow debris to settle before drinking through the filter. That means the filter lasts longer.
>>
File: My Dirty Bag.jpg (73KB, 341x512px) Image search: [Google]
My Dirty Bag.jpg
73KB, 341x512px
This is the simplest way to filter water that I've found. I'm actually pretty surprised that Sawyer doesn't mention using it this way...

You just fill up the dirty bag with water, close it back up and hang it from a branch, then uncap the filter tip and hook it up directly to where your mouthpiece on your camelbak goes (you need to have a detatchable bite valve, but if not, you can cut off the current one and put on a replacement one). It gravity feeds within a couple minutes, directly into the bag you're drinking from and weighs next to nothing since you can toss out all the other crap they give you with the Sawyer mini. Also, the orange is duct tape (fits perfectly and is great for patching holes in water bladders).
>>
File: 67021649d92269cf.jpg (298KB, 604x589px) Image search: [Google]
67021649d92269cf.jpg
298KB, 604x589px
>>914723
>dat yellow thing
g-give it to me
>>
>>918554
You mean the colostomy bag?
>>
File: 1460409674857.jpg (600KB, 2536x3104px) Image search: [Google]
1460409674857.jpg
600KB, 2536x3104px
>>915150
>If you have just one (water)container, you’ll have to add them to the dirty water and possibly end up filtering them out plus getting sugar into your filter.

Did it ever occur to you that you are an idiot and that you can use a pot or cup to mix it? Why would anyone even think about filtering gatorade, you fucking imbecil?
>>
>>918556
mhmm stopp it. hand it over nao. I work for the BBC.
>>
>>918564
I always get confused. Does that stand for British Broadcasting Company or Big Black Cock?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.