[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country has the most diverse ways of getting /out/? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: world-map15.jpg (1MB, 2500x1694px) Image search: [Google]
world-map15.jpg
1MB, 2500x1694px
What country has the most diverse ways of getting /out/? I have an opportunity to study abroad next fall and I'm trying to narrow down what countries would give me experiences I can't get at my university and surround areas.

I've had my eye of Ireland/Scotland for some time because I think the landscape is quite neat and different from what I am used to. It seems like it would get boring pretty quickly, though. I've been to Germany before and hiked in the Alps and I enjoyed it, but I think I would like to try something else.
>>
Did a semester in New Zealand on the South Island there. Highly recommend it.
>>
>>913991
I've got a friend going there next semester, I'll have to pick his brain. What did you like most there?

And for anyone who is wondering about academics, I will be able to take exclusively humanities and transfer them, so the academics don't matter.
>>
File: metarobbing.png (64KB, 877x587px) Image search: [Google]
metarobbing.png
64KB, 877x587px
>>913989
Probably America, if you include Alaska, you get desert, all sorts of forest, tundra, mountains, the works.
>>
File: mt aspiring natl park.jpg (116KB, 960x649px) Image search: [Google]
mt aspiring natl park.jpg
116KB, 960x649px
>>913993

For me it was how many well established and clean hiking trail systems they have. Eco-tourism is one the largest industries on the South Island and it shows. Their gov't has a website set up with all the trails and the important info for them.

New Zealand is fairly cheap to travel around and hitchhiking isn't illegal. You could probably get almost anywhere you needed to go just by hitchhiking.

Lots of different landscapes to explore. No need for special food storage when you're backpacking because the only mammals there are exotic or invasive and none of them are a physical threat.
>>
>>913996
I forgot to mention that I'm from the U.S. Although I don't really see the difference in going to a different US school for a semester. Probably be cheaper.
>>
>>913997
That sounds like it'd be great. I'll have to check out the website - seems like a good resource. Thanks!
>>
File: buttmanface.jpg (114KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
buttmanface.jpg
114KB, 375x375px
>>913999
>>914000
DUAL TRIPS OF DESTINY!
>>
File: 20160928_150737.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_150737.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>913997
I hitched for 2 weeks around the south island in and out of Christchurch, average wait time to get picked up was 20 minutes, and got picked up by everyone including locals and other travelers. Lots of kiwis will do it as well if they need to travel around.

The back-country hut system is excellent, they're comfortable, well kept and cozy. Note that they get packed out in the on-season months and you need to book well in advance, especially for the Great Walks.

Pic related: a small 3 bed hut above a glacial lake, and you can hear the ice cracking constantly. If you want to get /out/ and feel isolated NZ is the place to go.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.