[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Affordable /out/ approved metal-frame sunglasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Affordable /out/ approved metal-frame sunglasses
>>
>>913788
>Affordable /out/ approved metal-frame sunglasses
I just bought a pair of WalMart $8 sunglasses. Similar style, nice dark lenses, and easily replaceable if lost or damaged.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Aviator-Sunglasses-Shades-Driving-Men-Women-Outdoor-Sports-Eyewear-Glasses-UV400/120334638
>>
Expensive sunglasses aren't any better than cheap sunglasses at protecting your eyes. You're paying for better build quality.
>>
>>913834
>You're paying for better build quality.
Or you could just not treat your cheap sunglasses as if you're six years old.
>>
>>913829
>>913834
>>913835
I'm not looking for Ray Bans. I just want a pair that the screws wont fall out of and lenses that don't scratch from brushing against a twig
>>
>>913841
>I just want a pair that the screws wont fall out of and lenses that don't scratch from brushing against a twig
/diy/ here.

Step 1 - Get the walmart sunglasses like >>913829 said.

Step 2 - Remove the screws, drop a small dollup of superglue onto the tiny hole, then screw the screws back in before the glue dries. Ta-da! No more loose/missing screws.

Step 3 - Buy a pack of smartphone screen protectors and place them over the outside of the lenses. Ta-da! No more scratches.
>>
>>913844
im gonna try this out. will the glue not limit the hinge movement
>>
File: screws.jpg (32KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
screws.jpg
32KB, 540x360px
>>913849
>will the glue not limit the hinge movement
As long as you glue the screw hole and not the hinge it shouldn't prohibit the hinge movement. If you're that worried about fucking up a pair of $8 sunglasses, replace Step 2 with:
>Step 2 - Remove the screws, drop a small dollop of superglue onto the tiny screw where the threads meet the screw head, then screw the screws back in before the glue dries.
>>
>>913844
STOP IT

YOU'RE RUINING THEIR BOTTOM LINE
>>
File: giraffe.gif (83KB, 346x616px) Image search: [Google]
giraffe.gif
83KB, 346x616px
>>913881
Can't touch this!
>>
>>913788
>>913849
Well, anon? How'd it go?
>>
>>914747
Don't hold your breath.

These losers always-

>rec me a jacket
>rec me a school bag

And... nothing. Their mom just buys them what mom wants to buy them.

Much less putting DIY effort into some thing.

And fuck it, gas station sunglasses.
>>
>>914753
Now hang on a minute, let's give OP the benefit of the doubt. It IS a very busy time of year for all of us, after all...
>>
>>913844
Fuckn genius, mate, thanks!

>My first non sarcastic post on 4chan
>>
>>913834
the lenses of higher quality sunglasses are objectively better
>>
>>913834
>UVa, UVb, polarized, impact resistant polycarbonate
>no difference

Not quite, mate. I'll take better eyewear EVERY TIME.
>>
>>914777
Good on you, anon!

Maybe stop by /diy/ some time - we tend to be a helpful lot.
>>
>>913844
not bad, but i do like to spend a little more on my sunglasses. i always have a newer and an older one. the one i wear to work and edc and a beater if you like to go out in or ride mbt.

>>914783
not by much. optical correctness is more likely an issue with cheap ones than uv protection.
>>
>>914926
>"i always have a newer and an older one."
>spending this much money
but why anon
>>
>>915023
>one is none
>two is one
Please /k/ more.
>>
>>914864
>hey /out/, visit /diy/

>>915033
>hey /diy/ visit /k/

Is this a shill thread?
>>
>>915023
the newer one eventually becomes the older one you see i spend the same amount of money anyone does i just have two not one sunglasses.
>>
>>913844
How do you match the screen protector to the lenses? Cut it with an exacto knife?
>>
>>915234
Type one phaser or go home.
>>
>>915234
Stick it on the lense first, then cut it with scissors. It's OK if it's not exact but you're going to want to make sure the whole lense is covered so there's no line in your field of view - know what I mean?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.