[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you reccomend for gloves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: gloves.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
I currently work a job where I have to walk around outside for an hour in extremely cold temperatures looking at temperatures and fuels of trailers. What do you guys reccommend for good gloves that can keep my hands warm in 45 below zero windchill while still be able to wrtie with a pen comfortably>
>>
>>913579
Do you live near a Cal Ranch or Tractor Supply Company franchise?

Both should have RACKS of different types of gloves.

Alternate Home Depot or Lowes.

Pick what fits, if you like it.
>>
>>913579
Do you need dexterity? If not id recommend the gordini gor-tex gloves a with a fuckload of insulation. If yes, get a mitten that you can fold open temporarily to do what you need to do then close it back up when you are just gonna be walking. Alternatively, you could get a lighter glove and sew a pocket on the back of it, and shove some chemical hand warmers in that pocket.
>>
>>913579
>What do you guys reccommend for good gloves that can keep my hands warm in 45 below zero windchill while still be able to wrtie with a pen comfortably
is this a joke?

if you haven't learned anything in the past three days, I'd recommend watching this dude's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTSETaNFV-8
If you can't stand 15 minutes, watch it at 1.5x speed for 10 minutes.

The TL;DR is that you aren't finding shit that won't cost you good money while being sleek enough to "comfortably" write with a pen AND protect you from subzero temperatures unless you have the Nordest of white genes and years of acclimation to that type of weather.
>>
>>915570
Wow, what an arc'terx shill.
>>
>>915598
That's what his channel is about. Only for the best.
>>
>>915601

Looking closely, it really looks like his real issue might be his pursuit of dexterity is causing poor finger circulation and hence need a heated glove for his hands. The gloves look really tight on him, especially when he was trying to use all the gloves together.
>>
>>915611
possibly, but if one's comfortable risking dissatisfaction with a product that doesn't do what they needed it to do because they wanted to save some bucks, then that's on them. he's wearing the gloves in his house and they feel warm to him, so I doubt he wouldn't notice if it was really the gloves restricting bloodflow.
>>
>>915621
He never explained what he needed to do other than "walk his dog". He's a fucking shill, just suck it up and admit it.
>>
>>915621
Sorry, anon... I have not been /out/ for a couple of weeks and just really stress out by it. sadface.rar

Still think that guy in the video is an arc'terx shill.
>>
>>915628
He lives in Canada. He looks buff, but he doesn't necessarily seem like he hikes or skiis, though he could; he said he went for mountaineering gloves because of the increased quality, which makes sense. Basically, he has to deal with really cold weather so he needs good gloves.

He also points out the flaws in the products in this video and another video of his I just watched for confirmation.

I don't know why you're so eager to identify shills. If you took a moment to rationalize things, then it'd become less clear that he's lying about how good the products are. Also, even if he was a shill, that would not affect the quality of the product.
>>
>>915636
>He also points out the flaws in the products in this video

Not really other than "not warm enough" or "doesn't fit". Sure, those are cold temps, but you don't need mountaineering gloves to walk your dog. The guy is even wearing an arc'terx shirt, probably 100% polyester same as so many other brands he could of gotten for a fraction of the price unless he is a arc'terx rep or getting a pro deal.

> I don't know why you're so eager to identify shills.

Because I believe people need to be able to try other products, have ideas of their own and be informed of them. But if shills were to foray, all people will hear is the same shit. When another company comes out with something better revolutionary , no one hears about it and only finds out after they died off. A good examples are Stoic, Cloudveil, and Golite, those companies made some fantastic gear when they were at their peak. But no one really heard about them. Stoic might as well be dead, Cloudveil bought out, and Golite is debunked. There are many others Because all people hear about these days is Columbia,TNF, Arc'terx, Patagonia. Sure they make some good stuff, but there are even more other there that could be pushing market forward, but can't.
>>
>>915649
>...and another video of his I just watched for confirmation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_vBd-i0Cg
1:35 to 2:15
he says that some pants he bought had the ass area hang too much. perhaps he doesn't say many flaws about the gloves because there aren't really any? what flaws would you look for in gloves? poor build quality that leads to breaking? not being waterproof? not being warm? all of that is addressed in the glove video.

wouldn't it be more like shilling if he was trying to sell just one glove as the magic end all be all solution? sure, getting multiple products in there in theory would make more money, because you're selling more stuff, but who's going to pay for multiple expensive items for what they believe should be a simple solution? Not many people. Poorfags are gonna poor.

Look at this shit
The Best Winter Jacket for Men Review
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Winter-Jacket-Reviews

Best Insulated Jackets
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Insulated-Jacket-Reviews

Best Hardshell Jackets
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Hardshell-Jacket-Reviews

All of them place Arc'Teryx products among the top 5. The brand is, by many accounts, top quality. You can say that most people don't need top quality, but you are going to have a harder time downplaying that it is actually one of the objectively best options.

cont...
>>
>>915661
>>915649
>Sure, those are cold temps, but you don't need mountaineering gloves to walk your dog
Do you live that way up north? If not, you don't know and therefore can't say whether this setup isn't necessary contrary to what he claims.

>The guy is even wearing an arc'terx shirt, probably 100% polyester
I tried ID'ing that specific shirt on their website but I couldn't find the exact model so I assume they no longer sell it. or, according to your shill theory, it was a special model given to special people, like a company t-shirt :*)

But I found another that looks somewhat like it, and that one was 86% polyester

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?country=us&language=en&gender=Mens&category=Shirts_and_Tops&model=Thetis-Zip-Neck

It lists a lot of features that I assume you would downplay and say are bullshit that you could find just as easily elsewhere. But let's say they're real--then he bought a good product, the best product, that met his needs. not everyone is a stingy poorfag who's not willing (or able, for that matter) to pay more than $50 bucks for a shirt.

cont.
>>
>>915661
ODGL is horrible at rating gear. I deal with almost a 100 people going /out/ a training season and several outings. With out fail I meet several of those who buy stuff based on what ODGL rated highly. A lot those items, either don't fit, fall apart or not up to the users needs. Simply put, I don't agree with their ratings. They also have not rated every product out there, only what they think might be trendy or most popular. Same reason I canceled my subscription to Consumer Reports years ago.
>>
>>915666
>It lists a lot of features

What features, it is just a quarter zip polartec powerdry grid shirt. I can find a shirt just like that for $44.
>>
>>915649
>Sure they make some good stuff, but there are even more other there that could be pushing market forward, but can't.
They need better advertising and marketing teams then. You can't blame brand popularity all on shills. Nike, Apple, all these big names are part marketing on their own part, part people buying into the brand themselves. Nobody buys Macs because of shills. Nobody buys iPhones because of shills. They buy them because they believe in the product, despite the options they have on the Android side and elsewhere.

Same with these big name outdoor gear brands. You are more likely to encounter someone satisfiedly wearing a North Face jacket in real life than a North Face shill online. They sell to plebs who are happy to pay relatively little for decent protection. Arc'Teryx appeals to a much smaller market and so depends on good marketing and positive words from its customers.

If anything better than Arc'Teryx was around, I'm sure people would have known about it.

that's it.
>>
>>915669
then I could look for other lists that aren't appealing strictly to plebs (i.e. "under $200" or "for cheap" or some title like that).

>>915670
sure
>>
>>915673
>If anything better than Arc'Teryx was around, I'm sure people would have known about it.

I sure as shit know about them. But some newbie might not, because everywhere they look is the same fucking brands being shoved down their throats!

> They need better advertising and marketing teams then.

Yeah, like hiring more people bragging about them all over the internet. I have a lot of gear from a particular brand, but do you see me telling everyone that they are GOAT or making youtube videos about them... of course not!

Out of all the pro deals I get, I don't get a any deal on specific manufacture of bladders packs. But I am willing to spend full retail to buy their stuff, because it is worth it. I can Camelpak, Osprey and several others but their stuff sucks.
>>
>>915673
So there's a Shill Internet Defence Force now? Oy vey, I wish that X class solar flare would hurry up and happen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.