[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is backpacking/hiking respectiable? I often find that friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Is backpacking/hiking respectiable? I often find that friends are really confused on why I would do it and today I was told by a trail runner that hiking isn't a sport and it's easy
What's your thoughts on this? Are we cool enough to hang with the popular kids or are /out/ists the ones who eat lunch alone?
>>
>>913445
Hiking is comfy but unless you're doing it for 4000km during months straight it is indeed easy. Even fatlards can do it tbf.

None of that really matters though, yeah it's not climbing, base jumping or scuba diving but if you enjoy it it's the only thing that matters.
Also tell your friend that trail running is not harder either.
>>
Do a thru hike if you want respect as a backpacker, nothing would've shut that low mileage trail runner up than you letting him know you hiked 2500 miles in 5 months. People that don't "get" backpacking are wagecucks with no free time to drop out and adventure
>>
>>913445
>>913459
I forgot to mention that the ones who eat alone are the bushcrafters tho.
>>
>>913445
Runners move so fast they loose sight of the beauty around them.

Honestly though, I enjoy doing more of a "ruck" style backpacking if I have no general destination and am essentially doing a loop. I.e. run/jog for parts and then walk a bit and mix it up.
>>
>>913445
>eat lunch alone?

I'm rarely alone
>>
>>913445
And trail running is a sport?

Why does hiking have to be "hard"?

Hike because you enjoy it, lots of people enjoy it. Respectable? Who cares? It's a leisure activity. It's something people do for fun. Doesn't have to be hard, or cool, or challenging, it's done because people enjoy it.
>>
>>913445
>I was told by a trail runner that hiking isn't a sport

dat irony
>>
File: 1481848450835.jpg (475KB, 1528x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481848450835.jpg
475KB, 1528x1080px
>>913445
>implying hiking/backpacking isn't just an excuse to go live in the woods
>>
Why are people so self-righteous and insecure? Who the fuck cares if it's a 'sport' or 'respectable' or not? What does that even mean? People need to go outside more and clear their heads of this stupid shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.