[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the first time I have been here but you guys seem to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1463012836146.gif (91KB, 634x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463012836146.gif
91KB, 634x400px
This is the first time I have been here but you guys seem to be the one to ask. My dad has a job in a shipping department and works outside in the cold and sometimes rain for the foreseeable future and wants clothing for Christmas to make that easier. Hes already just gotten some new cotton gloves I believe, and some kind of liner jacket. What are some other clothing or brands would you guys recommend for long term cold weather that you can still work in?
>>
>>913435
Look at heated clothing. A vest or something might be good or maybe gloves.

>cotton for cold weather
Dear god why?
>>
>>913435
Strongly recommend a good set of long johns, wool or synthetic (LL Bean makes a wool union suit with a thin cotton lining that's very warm and comfy, would highly recommend). A nice wool knit cap would be good too. If you wanna get him a good pair of work mittens on the cheap, Kinko axeman gloves are god-tier comfy.
>>
>>913446
I was told long johns or thermal bottoms but I didnt know where to start brand wise. Someone else mentioned LL Bean and possible military surplus ones.
>>
>>913435
Why would you post such image? Back to /a/nimeshit with you.

But before that, the answer for what you're looking for is merino wool.
>>
>>913449
Either of those two are good, I have both. I just find the union suit to be a bit lighter and more comfortable.
>>
>>913453
Thank you. I dont think he wanted a full suit like that since he just got a two part liner, but ill check. Any idea about socks?
>>
>>913456
Wigwam is good, look around there.
>>
>>913460
That was the one I was settling on. Just trying to pick between 40 below and Canada variants. Cant distinguish much difference.
>>
>>913464
Either one would be fine, doesn't matter too much.
>>
>>913435
Rain coat. Look for something with no pockets. Long sleeves, goes down to the knees or thighs, and possibly a hood. The less seams there are. The longer it will last and stay water proof. If he layers well enough even a rubbery typically "hot" raincoat wont be hot.. No real raincoat is breathable. Its all a meme in that department, you lose rain protection with breathable shit.
>>
Get him a moisture wicking base layer of long underoos. Then a cotton set of long underwear to go over those.

A Gaitor for his neck and maybe some socks.

He can wear his jeans and a sweatshirt or two over all that and be snug as a bug.
>>
>>913476
By base layer of underoos and cotton ones I meant both top and bottom to clarify.
>>
>>913435
you can get a big box of handwarmers at costco for a remarkably low price. Even if he didn't like them, he could make a lot of friends with them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.