[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these things a jew scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

Are these things a jew scam?
>>
>>913307
They're useful, but no more so than just picking up a sturdy staff. Plus, you get old man points.
>>
i lol at people who use them
>>
>>913307
>Are these things a jew scam?

Firstly, they are called trekking poles
Secondly, using "jew" is guaranteed to get you lower quality replies
A much better version of this would be:

>Are trekking poles worth their price?

Asking this question is also a waste of all of our time as everyone has different needs and some people may require trekking poles as they suffer from some type of injury, so to be more efficient, you could ask yourself:

>Am I injured in any way?
>How often am I going to hike in rocky conditions?
>Is this a good investment?
>What benefits could I experience when using trekking poles?

If you are rarely go hiking, I would recommend building your own trekking poles, but if you frequently go hiking, investing in some nice metal ones is the way to go.
>>
Sort of. If you're strong, healthy and haven't overpacked, you don't need them, and it'll basically just be extra weight to carry around in your hands, which is less comfortable that letting your arms swing naturally. If you have any injuries, old age, watch too much television or will be on a trail where you could use the extra stability, it's a good idea to bring them.

>>913414
Wow... I know this is /out/ and we're kinder here, but you're almost coming off as bait.
>>
I don't hike without them, it's like having four legs. You just move better. My Zpacks tent needs trekking poles also, so I need them. I use Leki Corklite
>>
>>913414
dirty kike detected
>>
>>913414
lol found the Jew
>>
>>913307
For hiking on level ground? Maybe
For mountaineering? They're essential
I find that they help me on assents by reducing the weight on my knees and keep me balanced when going down. I need lighter ones however I bought the cheap aluminum pair from Walmart years ago and have been using them since
>>
>>913307
i only use them when i'm walking through rivers like pic>>913454
>>
>>913414
Hey Rabbi, whatcha dooin'?
>>
>>913414
Shabbat Shalom my friend.
>>
Trekking poles are very useful when used correctly. They take strain off your knees in downhill sections, provide balance, and give you extra leverage in uphill sections.

Not everyone needs them or wants them, but they can be very useful.
>>
File: 20161127_104525.jpg (757KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161127_104525.jpg
757KB, 2560x1536px
>>913414

I use often. When tired I can lean on for a break without sitting down.

Also:

>am I hiking in rocky condoms

Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>913307
Grab a cheap pair and try them.
It's just 2 fucking sticks, you could make your own, but then again alluminum is lighter than wood, smaller when stored at home, and a cheap set is cheap.
>>
>>913679
Cheap ones from China-Mart won't hold up. The telescope clips will lose their grip after a few days of use and then you're just carrying gear you can't use.
>>
>>913307
I have knee issues so no.

Steep descents are a real issue for me with out them. They also double as tent poles if you're making tarp shelters either as a primary or secondary shelter.
>>
>>913677
>am I hiking in rocky condoms
Why would you wear more than one condom?
>>
>>913716
>telescoping poles fail

That's why I like my one piece. >>913677
No fail, no moving parts! I admit it is awkward at times when compared to collapsing.
>>
>>913309
they one gorillion times lighter, shock absorb, and are adjustable.

of course /out/ hates them because they are retards.
>>
>>913729
>implying I said I hate them
Fucker I said they're good. Of course I don't have much experience with steep rocky terrain where they would be more useful, so I just use muh stick.
>>
>>913414
>gives the most reasonable and informative response

>HEY WATCHA DOIN RABBI HAHA YOU FUCKING JEW
>>
>>913746
/pol/ fucking ruined /out/
>>
>>913307
They improve stability, on uneven terrain, they take stress off of your lower body, and some people insist trekking poles improve their hiking speed.

Also they can double as tent poles for your shelter, which can save you a bit of weight and space in your pack by having multi purpose items.
>>
>>913752
Pol ruined a lot more than out.
>>
>>913726
>why more than one condom

Asks the child from the broken rubber.
>>
>>913414
Your nose is showing, relax.
>>
>>913447
>>913450
>>913544
>>913546
>>913828
>Lol ur a jew XD kike is showing!!1!

Idiots go back to /pol/. Also, in my last sentence, I said that you should build your own trekking poles, and the last thing large companies want is their customers going DIY.
>>
>>913828
Idiots go back to /pol/.
>>
File: 1478698965697.png (561KB, 704x493px) Image search: [Google]
1478698965697.png
561KB, 704x493px
>>913830
>>913832
Jesus Christ you're mad as fuck. You clearly don't fit go back to the joobook or fagdit.
>>
Every time I see these I think: Did Teddy Roosevelt need ski-poles to conquer the wilderness?
No.
If you are elderly or have legit soft tissue problems then they might be fine.
>>
File: the-stick.jpg (29KB, 184x640px) Image search: [Google]
the-stick.jpg
29KB, 184x640px
>>913307
I got a pair as a gift recently, and they're handy for uneven ground when you've got a heavy pack or for sparing your knees a bit when you go downhill, and its nice that you can collapse them and strap them to your pack when you don't need them.
My problem with them is that for most of my life whenever I wanted something like that I would just find a pole of appropriate dimensions and use that, so I'm way more used to something significantly longer and sturdier. I miss being able to move my grip up and down, and using the top section to brush branches out of the way.

Does anyone know of any collapsible full length poles that won't fail if you lean on them?
>>
>>913307
Get some flip lock ones of aliexpress.

Good for long distance trekking, mountaineering, fording rivers, down hill jaunts, and tarping.
>>
>>913830
>>>/facebook/
>>>/reddit/
>>
Thru hiked the AT and PCT and trekking poles were a great piece of gear.

>power uphill while getting a tricep workout
>use something other then your knee joints to absorb the shock of downhill

That being said, I wouldn't bring them for just strutting about in the woods or weekend trips, but I consider them indispensable for long distance hiking where you're really trying to push out the miles. There's a reason ~80-85% of thru hikers use them.
>>
>>913923
Also, my Tarptent Contrail uses a trekking pole as the tent pole, which was just sort of convenient. Lots of people pitch tarps with them.
>>
>>913847
He didn't conquer shit. He was an asthmatic fat windbag.
>>
>>914591
Betcha he could whoop your ass in his prime. He was fat and hurting when he was old. In his youth, his badassery was certifiable.
>>
>>913867
>Does anyone know of any collapsible full length poles that won't fail if you lean on them?
Any decent trekking poles. Leki in particular. Avoid the clasp mechanisms and go for twist locks.
>>
>>914591
>carved in stone
>>
>>913307
> Nu-male walking sticks.
Pretty safe to say its a jew scam.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.