[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ists, thoughts on Filson gear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Hey /out/ists, thoughts on Filson gear?
>>
never even heard of it before. After a quick google search, I've come to the conclusion I like its traditional style but I couldn't speak for the performance.
>>
>>912345
>12345

ofuck
>>
>>912345
filson gear is a pretty cool guy. eh goes /out/ and doesnt afraid of anything
>>
>>912345
Hipster fuck bucket clothng, looks nice.
Its overpriced and made by spics though
>>
>>912353
are you having a stroke?
>>
Overpriced, overweight, looks great, last your life gear.
>>
>>912345
I love it. Built well, used to be built better in the US but still better made than almost anything else. Functional -- you can actually chop wood and throw bales in a Mackinaw Cruiser. The Upland Hunt vest is just practical as hell and doesn't feel cheap or get all fuzzy from burrs like every other hunting vest. The Tin Cloth Wildfowl hat is my favorite hunting and winter hat of all time -- I've had the same one since 1995, and it looks pretty much the same as when I got it.

Here's a pic of my dad wearing forest green Mackinaw bibs and one of his friends wearing charcoal Mackinaw bibs. This pic was when a blizzard came through our Black Hills deer camp back in 2008. They had those bibs years before that, and still wear them. The guy with the chainsaw was a lineman and worked outside on the northern Great Plains year 'round, so he doesn't buy shitty cold weather gear.

Wool Filson stuff is not ultralight hipster wilderness chic puffy nylon bullshit. It's heavy, it keeps you warm even when it's wet, it lasts a long goddamn time. It's like the oldschool Danner of outer wear. I'm personally a fan. Would I pack Filson everything if I was going backpacking in January? Nope. Eh, maybe some pants and my hat, but unless you have a pack mule with you it's weighty compared to all the new high-tech fggt gear. If I wanted something for hunting, working around the cabin, running a trapline, punching cows, shoveling snow, etc.? I'll take well-made heavy wool every time.

The wool stuff is also awesome because it doesn't make noise. It's super quiet compared to all the synthetic shell stuff. So, you get to actually hear nature instead of "swish-swish-swish"

My only complaint is that they changed most of their stuff from 26oz wool to 24oz wool a few years ago, probably because the new generation of crybabies couldn't carry that much awesomeness. (Mountain men wore buffalo robe coats that weighed 25lbs. A heavy double Mackinaw weighs 4.5lbs. Get over it.)
>>
>>912345
I can't afford that shit.
Friends would make fun of me for dressing brokeback
>>
Im currently wearing their Short Lined Cruiser. Its tough and fits nicely. I also have their Western Vest and Mackinaw Pants. The wool is top notch and I can see my gear lasting a long time.
>>
>>912356
it's not hipster it's been around for ages you fucking faggot. stop spewing shit son
>>
>>912345
I've bought a lot of their shit and the only thing I can say negative is that they can be pricey. You get what you pay for though, all the shit I've bought is still in perfect condition.
>>
>>912345
sort of reminds me of LL Bean DESU. that's not a terrible thing but it's sort of hit and miss when you need stuff to do a great job in shitty situations.
>>
>>912353
He is a good friend of bill posters too. I hear they hang out a lot.
>>
>>912483
t. Numale who cares.
>>
>Find essentially brand new mackinaw cruiser at 'antiques' show
>£60

Best find in years, even if it's too big for me it's comfy with layers. The wool is so thick it feels like you've got armour on, it's almost like my motorcycle jacket except more movable and comfy. God tier stitching and attention to detail.

I wouldn't pay nearly 6 times that price for a new one though, I saw them in the London store and they were thinner than mine too. Noticeable thinner, although still excellent.

>>912426
>My only complaint is that they changed most of their stuff from 26oz wool to 24oz wool a few years ago,
That would be why I saw this difference then. Honestly it feels like a more pronounced difference than 2oz though. Did this happen when they moved production or something?
>>
>>912345
That lools slick as hell... Mind you im an /out fag that lives in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no fashion sense. I would wear that.. Looks good simple and durable.
>>
I just want the dog.
>>
>>913023
>happen when they moved production
No idea.

I found a new, never worn Filson wool shirt (don't remember the model) for $7.00 at a thrift store once. That's was a 95.5% discount. I'll pay $400 for a heavy jacket, but I'm not typically going to spend $155 on a shirt.
>>
>>912345
They stopped making the cruiser vest so they can eat a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

P.S. when they stopped making the cruiser vest it caused me to look around and I learned that there are many companies making vests that blow theirs out of the water for way less money.

So suck it, Filson.
>>
>>915585
Care to name a brand, friend?
>>
>>915642
I went with Deakin. Canadian, eh. Made to order, $99 US if I recall.
>>
>>912345
Just visited their website.

>35% off select items
>first item: a shirt for $120... after the discount.

I like the looks but what the actual fuck
>>
>>912345
The only experience I've had was a belt. Two strips of bridle leather double stiched. Heaviest damn belt I've ever owned. I've worn it almost daily to work for 15 years now. Just don't use it on your kids. It's overkill.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.