[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /out/, Circumstances now warrant that I live out of my truck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: photo912665046024300773.jpg (85KB, 684x756px) Image search: [Google]
photo912665046024300773.jpg
85KB, 684x756px
Hi /out/,

Circumstances now warrant that I live out of my truck, but the money that was once spent on rent is now available for equipment.

In addition to miscellaneous military surplus clothing, I have a Canada Goose Snow Mantra, CG Tundra Overalls, and Baffin Apex boots. I'm particularly concerned about the extremities (hands and feet) since they are most likely to succumb to frostbite, so any suggestions for boots and gloves would be helpful.

Thanks
>>
>>905502

Where the fuck do you live? Ellesmere Island?
>>
>>905514
NW Montana
>>
P.S. I forgot to mention that I'd like everything to prevent frostbite down to -40.
>>
File: IMG_4391.png (825KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4391.png
825KB, 750x1334px
Do you have something like pic related? I bet it would help.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Kodiak-Canvas-Truck-Tent/715626.uts?productVariantId=1639173&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02932760&rid=20&gclid=COutlNeU2dACFUUdaQodbAQNgw&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
>>905502
A heater might be a good idea. Not to call you dumb, but prioritize ventilation.
>>
>>905530
>-40
I humbly suggest that you drive your new home somewhere else.
>>
>>905762
This honestly. Your weakness is poor shelter, your strength is mobility. Just get out of the way if you can.
>>
>>905502

Sounds like it is time for you to become a "snow bird" anon.

>ex-Florida faggot checking in

Drive to Miami in the winter (Oct - April)

Drive to somewhere cooler in the summer. (Idaho/Washington/Montana)

Tons of people did this when I lived in Florida, one guy worked at Best Buy as a "pooled" employee. He would roll into a new town and work for a couple weeks and then move on.
>>
OP, you will die at those temps without a fire. Get a small wood stove and install it in the truck bed, i assume you have a camper shell of some sort. Get silicone or caulk, preferably silicone, and go over any seals on the shell with it. I have lived in a vehicle for a long time, the coldest ive ever taken it was -20. I would never do what youre doing. As other people said, gtfo there. Go over by the coast at least. If you are tied there you are gonna need to fucking stockpile hot hands and warm socks. Make triple sure you have dry layers and that there is somewhere to store your wet clothes if you need to. Put an ad on craigslist for small wood stove wanted. If you do get one, remember to get a carbon monoxide detector as well. Alternatively for the big bucks you could look into APUs or smaller generators to run electric heat, though i probably wouldnt rely on that alone. If you get power, you can get electric blankets and shit then youll have no problem.
>>
>>905810
>>905797
>>905762
This is your best option by far. Seriously.

>>905819
>If you get power, you can get electric blankets
This if you absolutely must stay where you are. Get an inverter and run an electric blanket or two. Cardboard over every possible surface makes okay insulation.
>>
>>905530
Yeah I'd leave, winter in Montana is no joke anon, there are stories every year about being being found months later in MT, ND, etc that freeze to death doing exactly what you're planning to attempt.

It's pretty impossible to actually get anything done being homeless in temps under about 0. Ever tried to heat water with giant winter gloves? it's a pain in the ass, everything a pain in the ass. Hell, wiping your ass is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>906098
You aren't supposed to wipe it with ice.
>>
>>905752
>not to call you dumb

op is talking about -40, it's already established that he's dumb.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.