[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your /out/-related dreams and goals? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 15

What are your /out/-related dreams and goals?

Pic related.
>>
Pic related, and I mean it. Add a pupper to that, a few acres of land, some livestock and if possible a like minded gf and I would be it.
>>
>>903810
Everest
>>
File: cartoon-wolf-clipart-1.jpg (46KB, 684x480px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon-wolf-clipart-1.jpg
46KB, 684x480px
>>903810
Wolves

https://youtu.be/9UfXrJ5KqlY
>>
>>903816
this, if it ends up being more economical than building another small house. It would less effort on me probably than building a mud brick house. But that would be good too.

Live self sufficiently, but also continue my /out/ related research work part time. I could die happy after a life of that.
>>
File: 1466487256786.jpg (84KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1466487256786.jpg
84KB, 640x633px
Live a more self sustaining life. I have a house and some land for it but I have a long way until Im able to reach a comfortable level.

A goal that could be tackled would be thru hiking the AT.
>>
File: IMG_4362.jpg (44KB, 508x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4362.jpg
44KB, 508x403px
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (188KB, 588x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
188KB, 588x400px
Paradise
>>
I would like a small harem of Philipino girls, 5 or 6, to train at strict rifle drills, sex and cleaning.

>mfw my sex robot army
>>
>>903810

Long term dream: same as everyone here, buy some land in a nice forest far away from everything...

goal for this winter season: crossing the Alps on foot.
>>
File: IMG_0416.jpg (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.jpg
250KB, 800x600px
>>903810
It would be dope to own a little house on a lake in the middle of the woods miles from any town. But I don't think I would want to do it until I'm older unless I worked from home. I also enjoy having at least three McDonald's within 10min from my house.

Also pic related.
>>
>>903816
>Shipping container tiny house
Go make a thread on /diy/ about it, they seriously love helping people with those.
>>
File: Shipping-Container-Guest-House.jpg (340KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shipping-Container-Guest-House.jpg
340KB, 1200x800px
>>904926
Thanks for the tip anon, maybe later I will.
>>
>>903810
I want to recreate a whole forest with biodynamic techniques and permaculture principles, in order to recreate an environment where I can hunt and gather food for self-sufficiency.
>>
>>904931
Please don't we hate you "tiny house" niggers
>>
Short term goals: spend a few summers as a glacier guide in Alaska. Design and build my own backpack (not a kit bag or shopping bag upcycle)

Mid-term goals: Do a few thru-hikes (eyeing the PNW Trail and the Long Trail). Spend some time /out/ in other countries ( classic yurop trekking, motorcycle across Straya, climbing in Patagonia, etc)

End game goal: buy a little piece of land somewhere and build a hogan-style roundhouse too retire in.
>>
>>904956
this is the most retarded thing ever
>>
>>904968
it's not "tiny" it's modular
>>
File: pcefr2pqpli-ezra-jeffrey.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
pcefr2pqpli-ezra-jeffrey.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
>>903810
Leave France and go live in Alaska.
I'd be living in a country less populated than the current town I live in, a country that surprisingly cares more about its wildlife than France. I would breathe fresh air, far from the grey high buildings, far from the malls and the degenerates.

I can't wait to finish my thermal engineering studies, two more years and I'll be living the dream
>>
>>903810
My grandparent's ranch.

It's about 35 acres or so, got good treelines around the edges which makes it feel more isolated than it is. Also has an orchard and a natural well with lots of water left in it.

It's a great property but I'm never going to be able to afford it in time. No other family members are living in the area even if they could inherit/buy it. My gparents will probably end up selling the property so they can fully retire someplace else closer to kids and grandkids.

It eats me up inside everyday that there is nothing I can do to save it.
>>
I'd love to own about 100-200 acres in the southern appalachians where I could spend time clearing underbrush. I'm a sucker for big, old growth trees with clear forest floors.
>>
>>905191
>It's a great property but I'm never going to be able to afford it in time. No other family members are living in the area even if they could inherit/buy it. My gparents will probably end up selling the property so they can fully retire someplace else closer to kids and grandkids
I've got a similar situation that breaks my heart. My grandparent's property is really great, but when they die it'll be split between my mother and her deadbeat brother. My mother won't have the money to buy out her brother's half, and her brother won't be interested in keeping it in the family since all he'd want would be the cash, so it'll just be sold and the money split. I'd kill to buy it, but I don't think my grandparents are going to be around long enough for me to get in place.
>>
>>905191
>mfw yes we can

Google squatter rights.
>>
>>905260
>Tell them. Show them.

Go live there now! Shit in an outhouse, hail water, write them letters by kerosene lamp and tell them of how you improve the land everyday.

Collect cans and buy a take at a yard sale for $2. TAKE THE SHIT OUT A STUFF!

Send them pictures.

Tell them you are One With The Land.
Let them know you will kill yourself if they don't will it to you.

But only as a last resort, that shows weakness and nobody likes a weakling.

Living off the grid shows strength and strength is respected.

BTW, same for you >>905191
>>
>>905263
>fucking rake
>>
>>905258
If it's old growth there won't be underbrush and then you will be sad and kys
>>
my new years resolution is to start doing overnighters alone and not be a pussy when /out/ in the dark

made some progress today when I covered 12 km alone. meant to go to a cabin that is open for everyone and stay the night. when I got there I couldnt properly see that path and it was occupied by what seemed to be a couple so I just turned around. went back using my headlamp and wasn't even scared. was kinda comfy actually, I'd stop every now and then and look up at the moon and stars.

I fucking love winter
>>
>>905303
Most of the Southern Apps were logged at some point within the past 100-150 years, even in large areas of the national forrests, so there's no true old growth. Most of the land is really a tangled mess of mid growth trees and thick underbrush.
>>
>>905353
>the moon and stars.

This makes being cold and alone in the woods worth it at night.
>>
>>905263
The problem isn't that they don't know that people would love to have it, it's that at the end of the day their needs are more important. If someone in the family was in the position to take it they would absolutely prefer that. I couldn't afford it and if they gave it to me for free it would be really wrong to them. They need money to retire somewhere and that has to come from selling the property.

And even if they were giving it away, I'm still not in a situation where that would be an option since there isn't a lot of money to be made in the area. I'd need a job to survive there long term and even if I had the skills, there really isn't anything in the area to do.
>>
File: Lazy Louie's Bicycle Camp.jpg (50KB, 374x320px) Image search: [Google]
Lazy Louie's Bicycle Camp.jpg
50KB, 374x320px
I always wanted to do something like Lazy Louie's free Bicycle Camp. Mine would accommodate backpackers too. Would have a snack bar/restaurant/soup kitchen to feed visitors
>>
>>903817
It's a mountain overcrowded as fuck, why would you want to go there?
>>
I would like to buy some land in Northern Alberta. Build a small cabin with a wood stove and I would have a small garden and a goat and some dogs. I would like to have some traps set up. Unfortunately I got type 1 diabetes so I can't live there forever. If a habbening ever happens I am fucked. I can't ever truly be free.
>>
Live in homely little place with a qt /out/ gf somewhere in the Swiss Alps.

Oh and a dog
>>
File: Mount_Logan.jpg (266KB, 975x639px) Image search: [Google]
Mount_Logan.jpg
266KB, 975x639px
I really want to climb Mount Logan.
>>
>>905535
Is that genetic or from being a fatass?
>>
>>906176
I got a flu when I was 11. The virus attacked my pancreas and destroyed my insulin production. Type 2 diabetes can be caused by obesity or by genetics.
>>
>people wanting to live without high-speed internet

Nope
>>
>>906269
Being that dependent on the internet is kind of a bitch move...
>>
>>903810
It's gonna sound really cheesy, but havin worked on farms as a kid and the fact that I'm allergic to horses really makes me want a hobby farm and a pet donkey to go camping with. Donkeys are great animals, they have fought off mountain lions and wolves before.
>>
After hearing from some of the married guys here, my biggest goal is to never have a kid or angry wife.
I figure I can get away with only working six months a year and spend the rest /out/ and still have plenty of money.
>>
>>906272
>being a luddite
>>
>>904983
No it's not you fucking fag
>>
I want to build a timber frame house like my ancestors did in the middle ages. Hopefully on 20+ acres and raise some animals and have a small farm/orchid.
>>
Not be a fat fuck the rest of my life and climb gannet
>>
>Move to Alaska or another /out/ state up north
>Build cabin
>Run trapline
>Hunt
>Build things
>Read books
>Get comfy

Qt gf optional but preferred
>>
>>905065
Me too anon...
>>
Gonna save some $$ and buy a few acres of land at the end of 2017 and start getting a homestead set up. Not 100% sure where I'm gonna buy the land just yet, but the more rural parts of Maine (my home state) and possibly Alaska are my two biggest contenders right now- mostly because of how traditionally "wild" they are and how accepting they are of an outdoorsman's lifestyle with regards to fishing, hunting, trapping, etc
>>
I dream of not being stuck in Australia.

I want a nice comfy cabin in the wilderness without worrying about funnelwebs, snakes, etc. Not to mention all the shit that can crawl in if I don't have flyscreens.

Also not to mention the fucking abbos and braindead methed up bogans.

I want to be able to tent camp without being assaulted by animals that I can't fight back against. Give me bears and boars and wolves over snakes and spiders.
>>
>>904956
I don't think you need to overdo it with principles of reforestation. If something grows where it before diddn't then you did a fantastic job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc
>>
File: 9128141_orig.jpg (122KB, 366x321px) Image search: [Google]
9128141_orig.jpg
122KB, 366x321px
>>903810
>leave university
>move into the bush and live in a spacepod somewhere near a creek
>smoke weed every day
>>
I want to teach my younger cousins outdoors skills and help the foster a love for the wilderness. I want to see them grow and use lessons they learned in the city. I don't want them to be like the people who drone on all day in an office only to sit around on their couch. I want them to grow. I would like them to do a "rights of passage" but I won't make them.
>>
>>903856
Are those Enron boxes? Where is this?
>>
Find the buckhorn boxcar cabin in Death Valley and live there for a couple of weeks
>>
move to tassie and build a cabin or possible a yurt on my land. oh and do some long distance hikes
>>
>>909919
>move to tassie

Where's that?
>>
File: future_technology.jpg (480KB, 1187x667px) Image search: [Google]
future_technology.jpg
480KB, 1187x667px
>>912082
someday they'll have "search engines" with funny names like "Google" or "bing"
>>
File: 1481260794831.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
1481260794831.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>903832
>tfw you will never live on a ranch like that with your qt wife without any communication to the outside world
>>
>graduate
>save money
>buy land
>build house
>>
My ultimate /out/ dream? For somebody to tell me a knife I made saved their life.
>>
>>903832
I came
>>
>>904974

Just in case you're a mericunt, 'Straya is fucking huge and it's mostly desert. It'd be like biking from NY to California, except with a fuckload of desert in between.
>>
>>905436

So make repayments to them instead of a lump sum. Offer them interest to sweeten the deal. That way you're basically offering them a pension.
>>
>climb Denali
>build house in MON, Wyoming
>hunt red stag in Scotland
>road trip through Patagonia
>horseback ride through Mongolian steppe.
>>
I'm planning on hiking the E1 this coming summer with my dog. It'll be our first through hike, misses is pissed, can not wait.
>>
>>906319
I do this. I wouldn't say that I have tons of money, though. It costs a lot to get set up with a six-month lease (always more expensive than year leases), buy furniture (or pay to store it while away), can't always find a job right away, might not at all, since one look at your resume and they know you'll only stick around for 4-6 months, so your only options are minimum wage or year-round work from "home" jobs... It's doable, but it's not easy.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.