[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BSA uniform help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1480470523386.jpg (2MB, 2585x3129px) Image search: [Google]
1480470523386.jpg
2MB, 2585x3129px
Hi /out/
i tried this on /wsr/ first, but they sent me here.
Not sure if there are any scouts on here, but ive had this patch for almost 7 years now, and ive been saving in the package to sell, but cant bring myself to. I want to put it on my uniform for my eagle ceremony, but im not sure where its proper placement is. Anyone know?
>>
>>903211
http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066_Section1.pdf
>>
>>903229
Whoops, I meant to post this one:

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/Universal_and_Nonunit_Insignia.pdf
>>
>>903233
cant find it on there anywhere, im not sure if it qualifies as a jamboree patch or not
>>
>>903238
I think it's technically a "Temporary, commemorative badge" meaning that it would have gone on your right pocket, but is not a permanent part of the uniform and therefore shouldn't go on your current/next uniform.
>>
>>903238
The BSA website says:

"Eligibility and Timeline

A Year of Celebration kicks off on September 1, 2009, and runs through December 31, 2010. The program is open to all Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, leaders, and Scouting alumni. That's right — adults can earn patches, too. This program gives people in your community the opportunity to actively engage in the 100th Anniversary Celebration. It also raises awareness of the value and relevancy of Scouting today among the audiences you want and need to reach."

So I think it was wearable during that period of time if you were participating in stuff surrounding that program.
>>
>>903242
alright, thanks guys. wanted to make sure i could actually wear it before i cut it out of the packaging.
>>
>>903243
Well, it looks like you can't.
>>
>>903253
Well he technically he can. There's very few people who will get anal about patch placement. As long as it looked okay he'd be fine. Personally though I don't think it's worth the effort to put it on though. Personally I was never a fan of putting every possible patch onto a uniform. My current one is bare bones. council patch (wrong), unit number (Also wrong), eagle knot, US Flag and the world scouting emblem.

The last time I changed it was when I turned 18 and put my eagle knot on a spare blank uniform I had lying around. I kept meaning to get a Venture uniform when I worked at a scout camp with the correct council/unit numbers and my camp school patch but I never got around to it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.