[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patagonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Patagonia.jpg (329KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Patagonia.jpg
329KB, 1440x960px
>Last week, Patagonia pledged to donate every dollar from Black Friday sales to environmental charities. It hoped to raise $2 million for grassroots organizations to protect air, water and soil.

>Customers began calling it a “fundraiser for the earth,” the brand noted. Apparently, a lot of people love Mother Earth.

$10 Million for the Environment
>The campaign raised $10 million on Black Friday, a record for the brand. Every dollar will support 1,300 groups like the Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, and the Wilderness Society.

>The wildly successful campaign humbled the apparel giant.

>“Many of these environmental groups are underfunded and under the radar, and they are overwhelmed with your commitment. On behalf of these activists and every Patagonia employee, we extend a heartfelt thank you to our customers, friends and community worldwide who showed up to #loveourplanet.”

>It’s wonderful to see so many consumers steer dollars toward environmental action. The world is a beautiful place. Fortunately, some brands will sacrifice profits to help keep it that way.
https://gearjunkie.com/patagonia-100-percent-planet-black-friday

How can they be so based?
>>
>>902887
Based?

You mean they fund groups that want the Federal government to take our money to mismanage land they shouldn't own in the first place?

Hell with supporting that, I'll never buy another piece of Patagonia gear again.
>>
>>903119
based comment is based

>>902887
gtfo millennial corporate shill
>>
File: 1480158968622.png (8KB, 181x179px) Image search: [Google]
1480158968622.png
8KB, 181x179px
>>903119
How, specifically, is the federal government mismanaging land, and, if not the federal government, who should that land belong to?
>>
If every item Patagonia makes has a negative impact on the environment. Then why did people buy over 10,000,000 worth fo gear from them?

Anyone else see the irony in that?
>>
File: 1460032136895.jpg (162KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460032136895.jpg
162KB, 1024x576px
>>902887

Wow way to go PataGucci. Why not just give the money straight to greedy fuckwads who have ulterior motives.

Fucking millennials are going to burn this beautiful planet because of their ignorance.
>>
File: seal_arbitrary_7.jpg (1022KB, 2106x1400px) Image search: [Google]
seal_arbitrary_7.jpg
1022KB, 2106x1400px
>>903267
The apparel will be made anyway because people want to buy it. At least Patagonia does stuff like this as well as tries to use environmentally friendly materials/processes.

The market for outdoor apparel is a certain size, and I'd rather Patagonia have a larger share because of their better methods.
>>
>>903270
Better give it to the boomers os they can rape it first. Then millenials can get the sloppy seconds.
>>
>>902887
This kind of bullshit is why I don't have any shares of Patagonia stock.

>>903119
This.

Fuck collectivism.

>>903245
The Bundy Ranch incident brought to light a solar energy deal that Senator Harry Reid was trying to work with the Chinese on federal land. He was harming Americans to do it.

A lot of the land should go to the states.

>>903304
I can't wait for Obama's termto end so you ISIS apologists can realize just how little that normal people agree with you.
>>
>>903316
The piece of land that Reid's son was brokering the deal for the solar farm on was in Laughlin which is over 100 miles from the disputed land involved in the Bundy stand off.
>>
>>903316
>>903322
fuck off /pol/. you're the reason why this site is going to be defunct in a few months. Sick of your autistic conspiracy theory bullshit, does more harm then good to assume all of the nonsense some of you spout.

Here we have Patagonia putting forth an initiative to help the planet and you all shit on it for bullshit reasons. Would you rather they take all their profits and hoard it?
>>
>>903341
/pol/acks too stupid to understand free market economy.
>>
>>903316
>This kind of bullshit is why I don't have any shares of Patagonia stock.

Or it's because Patagonia is privately held and doesn't have any stock. Which you'd know if you ever invested in equities.
>>
>>903316
solar farms help the environment far more than the fucking Bundys
>>
>work at big gear store
>never hear anything about this promo
>Patagonia makes no attempt to track our sales
Uhh
>>
>>903119
>mismanage
What, like allowing grazing?
>>
>>903119
Yes, because we all want our public lands sold off to states and private interests. I sure can't wait to have our access restricted because your favorite place to go /out/ happens to sit on some sweet mineral deposits.
>>
>>903316
>>903304
>>903322
>>903341
>>903346
>>903394
>>903434
>>903440
>>>/pol/
>>
>>902887
>>903267
>>903245
>>903283
>>903465
>playdoh fuckers

>>903405
topkek
>>
>>903405
They probably just based it off their factory stores and direct sales. There's no way for them to logistically track the sales of outside vendors.
>>
>>903357
Except they don't.
They deprive sunlight from plants, fundamentally altering ecosystems.
The only way they aren't bad for the ecosystem is if all you look at are CO2 emissions. And plants know how to deal with CO2.
>>
>>903517
>>903520
JUST CUT DOWN THE GOD DAMN FOREST AND PUT UP A SOLAR FARM ALREADY, IM SO TIRED OF THESE BIGOTED PLANTS LIVING OFF OF CARBON EMISSIONS!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.