[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.243 (for hunting and for pest)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 10521611.jpg (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10521611.jpg
7KB, 500x500px
Looking at getting this rifle for out door use...
(I am new to this part of 4Chan and if this post does not belong here just tell me)
I was going to get this rifle for hunting and pest control anyone have any experience with this certain rifle? Wanting to know any suggestions for a cheap, well made rifle. Thanks my dudes!
>>
File: 20161122_130116.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_130116.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>902373
Heck yeah, we love gun threads.

Brings out the best in people.
>>
>tfw you're in college with no money and your dad never took you out hunting as a kid and all you want to do is save up for a couple of different guns to go on your first hunting trips with.
>>
>>902373
You should go to /k/, but you're not too out of place here. .243 is a good caliber, but it's I genuinely think that either .223 or .270 would be a better option, depending on your intentions.
>>
>>902373
Wal mart, academy, dicks, cabelas, bass pro, or your local gun store should have one under $400. Untill you hit $1000 most of the guns are the same quality. Look for Remington, Winchester, or Mossberg. Spend at least $100 on a scope. 9x40 is a good scope size (the amount of magnification)x(how big the field of view is)

It's a good round that will take down mid sized game easily. Get a shit load of ammo and some targets and go to a range. Start at 25 yards to first zero it in then 50 then 75 then 100. If the range has 200 yard lanes then try it out so you can see where it hits, but don't zero it at 200 yards, 100 yards is fine.
>>
>>902419
>wow
>mfw we start at 200 with iron sights
>move to 300
>end at 600, prone, slow fire

>all with iron sights

Op, I hope you don't need a "shit load" of ammo to sight a 'scope in.

Get your 'scope collumnated at a decent gun shop for free and ask the RSO to spot you.

>>902418
>wow
>.270 win for pest control
>i would have never thought of that

>or suggested it

Op, try the .25-06 for a full length cart that doubles for "pests and hunting". Better bullet weight selection. An underrated round.
>>
>>902444
>.270 win for pest control
>i would have never thought of that
>or suggested it

OP said hunting or pest control. I suggested a round that's good for pest control, and a round that's good for hunting, since .243 is ok at both, but excels at neither.
>>
>>902444
You realy think OP sounds like someone thats going to be able to use iron sights at 200. He is probably new to shooting so I gave him good advice for starting out so he can get comfortable with his firearm.

.25-06 is a good round too but .243 is more prevalent with hunters so is easier to find some times. Both will work for what OP probably wants to do.
>>
Thanks and i am kinda new to shooting! I have shot a 7mm/7mag but thats really all! Thanks /out/ !
>>
.243 Win. will work fine for pests (deer/oinker and smaller).

.223 or even .17/.22 Hornet would be better if your pests are on the small side.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.