[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mre/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1470797040875.jpg (80KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
1470797040875.jpg
80KB, 600x406px
Outdoor/survival ration general. What do you prefer?

Anyone have access to an on-base commissary? What do they usually have in the surplus bins there?
>>
Prepare your own meals and dehydrate them. MREs, Mountain House, etc. are too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>902396
I don't know. I live near one of the largest military bases in the U.S., so local surplus shops are full of cheap MREs. I can grab one for about the price of a McDonald's combo meal.
>>
>>902401
You can make your own meals for less than that.
>>
>>902401
$5 for 1 meal?

I can prepare a day off $5. No wonder you burgers are poor.
>>
>>902405
>>902406
My time isn't free. I'm no NEET.
>>
>>902407
>I never learned how to manage my time properly
>>
>>902407
I spend a few hours on Saturdays cooking my meals for the entire week and store them. Saves time. Stop being a fat loser that buys $5 constipation meals and McDonald's because "time is money"
>>
>>902412
>>902416
Assuming my "free" time is roughly equivalent in value to the time I spend freelancing (I can pick up more projects like I pick up STDs.), an hour of my time costs ~$25 (in a bad stretch) Assuming I just want to make three prepared, shelf-ready meals for a three day survival period (or three days of /out/), then I'd need 9 meals. Assuming it takes about 30 minutes per meal to prepare a meal, then I'd need to spend four and a half hours on preparation. Not bad, but that comes out to costing me $112.50 from the implicit costs alone. Or I could spend about 40 bucks at Mom and Pop Surplus Beans and Ammo.

Really, I think you're making yourself poorer than you have to be. Maybe you should take a basic microeconomics class on Udemy or something?

Best.
>>
>>902434
>freelance
>udemy

Oh my. He's one of the underage kids from /biz/.
>>
Lived two weeks off of them. Not too bad, but they get boring after a while, and all you think while eating them is "when the fuck will i find a marble pound cake".
I dont think ive ever used the heaters besides for making an mre bomb.
Also i think the mre shits must be just a meme because everyone in my platoon shat better while on mre's than on regular food.
>mre farts smell like death though
>>
I actually prefer MREs to real food, but they cost a fair bit. Hard to get in canada. Legit MREs are rare, and IMPs are rare/cost a buttload. Anybody know some good civilian brands that ship to canada?
>>
>>902434
> Assuming it takes about 30 minutes per meal to prepare a meal, then I'd need to spend four and a half hours on preparation.

You can't /ck/ at all, can you? Meaning you've never really done it for yourself, right?

One hour is all it should take. You have a 4 burner stove and an oven? A crockpot? You can make a week's worth of meals for a whole family with an hour of time per week. Leave the crockpot on while you work, come home to 2-3 days of meals. Make a roast with veggies? While it's in the oven do your laundry.

>four and a half hours

lol, no

Even a large frozen pizza (2 meals at least) is 2 minutes of actual work and 18 minutes of doing shit other than cooking that you have to do anyway.

>Maybe you should take a basic microeconomics class on Udemy or something?

Maybe someone should have raised you correctly.
>>
>>903164
why are you sperging out at op? Jesus christ man.

"waaaaaaah, somebody has a different trail food preference than I do, waaaaahhh!!!"
>>
>>903169
this.

fuckin wintrefags, fuck.
>>
>>903164
Stop trying to spend his money for him. He didn't ask you before he made it and it doesn't appear he needs you now.
>>
>>902434
>Assuming my "free" time is roughly equivalent in value to the time I spend freelancing
And this is an assumption you would only make if you never got past Microeconomics 101 on Udemy.
>>
>>903213
>>Assuming my "free" time is roughly equivalent in value to the time I spend freelancing
>And this is an assumption you would only make if you never got past Microeconomics 101 on Udemy.

>I can pick up more projects like I pick up STDs
>>
>>902396
I get Mountain house at Costco. I like the beef teriyaki and rice.
>>
My favorite is the veggie burger with BBQ Sauce and veggie lasagna. Not only do the vegan MRE's taste better, but they don't clog you up! MFW I was getting $120 per diem and living off MRE's for free making bank while plebs willingly gave them away because "hurrr pussy vegan shit."
>>
>>903236
I mean vegetarian not vegan, not that it really matters.
>>
>>902342
What kind of bullshit MRE is that?
No fucking way there is that much food in one.
>>
>>902396
I get boxes of free MREs sometimes, because literally no servicemember wants them if they "acquire" extra.
>>
>>903164

>poorfag detected
>>
File: thubz.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
thubz.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>902342
whether or not it's a good idea to buy MREs or Mountain Houses or w.e. Where's the best place to find these things? Every so often a case of MREs pops up on clist for cheap, sometimes they're cheap on ebay, but does anyone have suggestions?
>>
>>903804
I just get them from Amazon. They all seem to have the same prices.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.