[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gleeful Abandon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Ballagarraidh.jpg (46KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ballagarraidh.jpg
46KB, 1100x800px
I really need your help, /out/. I have made this thread several times on different boards in different ways because I just have no idea what to do.

I'm 18, a senior in HS, and I just don't know where to go from here. I don't even know what I want to do. I've wanted to be an artist (I made pic related a couple years ago), a soldier, a historian, an anthropologist, an archaeologist, a botanist, a zoologist, an entomologist, astronomer, etc. all equally as much. What do, /out/? What do you do that allows you to stay outdoors and how did you get there? Are you happy?

No I won't go back to /adv/.
>>
>>901691
Ask your father or your Minister first as they know you and your abilities better, yes?
>>
>>901709
I do not know my father nor do I have a Minister.
>>
>>901691
> 18 y/o
> don't know where to go

>>901718
> I don't know my father
> I don't have a Minister

I see your problem. You know "Minister" can be substituted for "insert spiritual advisor here".

Have you no connection to or awareness of your higher self?
>>
>>901746
We are all lost in a balter of molecular entanglement, shifting. Consciousness is a mirror so that we may gaze upon ourselves in our own humble form. There is no such thing as death, as the colloquial form is the implication of cessation. The universe, you and I, exist as one being, one "God". We are beauty, we are life, we are light, we are all and all is I. I am God, I am creation, I am.
>TL;DR
I'm a Pantheist, so I do not believe in differentiation from self.
>>
>>901691
Most of your career choices there are going to require the same natural sciences basics. Find a good two year school in your area where can potentially take those classes and go talk to the admissions counselor about what you want to do. Once you've got a rough plan worked up, sit on it for a year.

Take a year off after you graduate. Work seasonal /out/ jobs that take you away from home. After a year come back and look at your plan and decide if you still want to do it.

Contrary to popular belief you do not have to have your whole life planned out by 18. Life is an ongoing process, plans change, circumstances change, etc.
>>
I'm glad you're putting thought into this now, rather than later on, op. I'm in my third year of a biochemistry degree and I hate it - especially as I found out that it has nothing to do with the interesting parts of either biology or chemistry. The only thing I really have a burning passion for is /out/ work, but biochemistry doesn't lead to that.

Get a degree in biology, geology, or something like that. I highly recommend that you live off loans and use your summers to figure out your passions. I used mine to work, and that's left me in the shithole I'm in today.
>>
>>901718
I love these bait threads!
>>
>>901691

While the right career can be important to keeping you in the /out/, you need to really REALLY keep this in mind if/when you want to start a family.

If you want to still be able to enjoy your lifestyle then you must find a significant other that also loves it. Let me say that again. THEY MUST LOVE WHAT YOU LOVE. Don't think for a second that you can marry someone thinking that they'll let you enjoy your hobby. That was the mistake I made and I haven't been camping or hiking for years now.

Whatever else you hear in this thread you better fucking take these words to heart.
>>
I live in a school bus, play guitar for money and eat out of the trash. I am happy as fuck and stay /out/ forever by traveling around.

>inb4 shitposts
>>
>>901805
Truth. In fact, dont even date someone that doesnt love what you love.
>>
File: 1443981056931.jpg (221KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1443981056931.jpg
221KB, 960x643px
>>902103
Fucking goals man, but I've always considered this a teenage dream. I understand it's entirely possible, I just thought it was overrated. Tell me more, like how you bought it, how you decorated it, where you travel, etc.
Also, do you think art could support me or should I learn some instrument as well?

>>902104
I'm afraid this will fuck me over in the long run. I haven't fully pursued a girl since my freshman year, they're all terribly dull.
>>
>>902427
You can read homeless general to get a feel for what i do
>>
>>902427
>learn some instrument

The cock flute should do well for you.
>>
>>902450
Okay, thanks

>>902457
You play the flute sideways you scrub
>>
>>902460
Np. If you have any questions post em there too, i try not to post about it too much outside my containment thread.
>>
>>902580
Thank God!
>>
>>902600
Rip
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.