[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good knives for around 50 dollars? pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: teddy roosevelt.jpg (27KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
teddy roosevelt.jpg
27KB, 640x430px
Good knives for around 50 dollars? pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_0348.jpg (161KB, 900x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0348.jpg
161KB, 900x488px
>>901661
Folder? Fixed blade? Size?

3 or 4 Moras should work.
>>
Fixed blade, preferably.
>>
>>901674
Mora
>>
>>901674
CRKT, Kershaw, Gerber, and that Condor Bushlore is another real popular one that people shill around here if you want a bushcrafting knife.

If you search around eBay and Amazon, maybe you could find a good deal on an Esee or KaBar but the smaller ones will end up being closer to your budget than any of the large ones. You're real close to Esee Izula money. Just don't buy any of those expensive brands if the price is too good to be true because it will probably be a knockoff.
>>
File: IMG_9532.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9532.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>901674
>>901702
Also Buck, Schrade, and I'm sure a bunch of others. There are so many options in that price bracket, that's right around what you will pay for the major brand name Asian manufactured stuff made of decent steel but not special snowflake super steels.. Do some research on the steels and see what fits your needs.
>>
>>901702
CRKT, Kershaw, and Gerber as well as Schrade all come from China or Taiwan.

If you want a fixed blade to use for actual work and your budget is $10-$100 get a mora.

If you think that moras are shitty meme knives then what you REALLY want is some tacticool knife so just buy what ever.
>>
>>901674
Some many Condors.

I currently am very happy with the two I have and would gladly buy another, if there was any need.
>>
File: 20161127_170744.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161127_170744.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>901713

I love me some condor. Here is a hudson bay knife I'm the middle of modding. So far from done.

Gonna take the wood scales off soon, make some micarata one. Need to grind more off the spine of the blade, and finish the choil. Gonna redo the entire edge later too.
>>
>>901719
>So many
Why not include the sheath in the pic it's so nice?

Mine are excellent!
>>
>>901720

The sheath was amazing...So much so that my dog made it a chew toy. Prob just gonna do a quick kydex one for it. Plus the leather sheath that came with it, only had the single carry option. I myself tend to go with scout carry, or have it set up for horizontal cross draw.
>>
That Morakniv Robust durability test seemed pretty good and it's only 15 bucks for a new one on eBay.
>>
no no, don't post in the original thread about low cost knives, or even the 2nd thread....this definitely should be separate
>>
>>901956
We need a sticky

****JUST BUY A MORA****
>>
Esee 4.
>>
>>901661
I like my Condor Bushcraft

Its a pleasant simple knife.
>>
>>901661
I like Spyderco's budget line. I have a persistence, and I had a tenacious, and they are both great knives for the price point with no frills. Kershaw is another brand to look at, their knives tend to offer more fancy features like assisted opening ,but in my experience they tend to break down within the year.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.