[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wyoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: UNDERESTIMATED_NIGGAZ_ANIME.jpg (18KB, 498x170px) Image search: [Google]
UNDERESTIMATED_NIGGAZ_ANIME.jpg
18KB, 498x170px
Hey guys, I've been looking at land in Wyoming and I'm really surprised at some the cheap parcels you can find. Does anyone live there? What's the weather like each season typically? What are your favorite out activities?

Pic unrelated
>>
I have friends up in Casper who i visit. Wyoming is a great state imo, lots of natural shit to do. Also some great climbing if you're into that
>>
>>901089
FYI a lot of land in Wyoming is super cheap because there's no water available.

Also the weather is boiling in the summer and subarctic in the winter. And there's huge lightening storms and tornadoes, plus tracking is fucking up the aquifers.

Good skiing in Jackson, though.
>>
>>901093
Damn, I picked Wyoming because the average temp is lower in the summer than south Carolina. Shame about the water too.
>>
>>901098
It depends on where you go. Out west by the mountains it's not so bad, but the Eastern part can get balls hot in the summer. I grew up in Western So Dak and I've seen how crazy and unpredictable the weather can be out that way.

But yeah, there's no secret reason Wyoming is so sparsely populated. It's because big chunks of the state just aren't worth trying to develop on.
>>
>>901093
In addition to all the what is listed here the only actual cities we have are plugged up with Indian and Asian tourists during the summer and in the winter its trust fund dipshits who say dude and bro and shred constantly from under their flat brim trucker hats.

All the space in between is populated by gay cowboys who, for some reason, choose to live through the storms and waterless prarie and absurd temperature swings so you know they are grizzled and angry and terifically undersocialized.
>>
>>901105
Yeah I'm not going to lie, I caught the western bug again after watching Westworld and thought it'd be neat to live out on prairie like that but it's one thing to imagine it and another to do it.
>>
Wyoming a shit. Great to not live there, bad to live there. If you want to live there, i suggest sheridan
>>
File: DSC000020-L.jpg (126KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
DSC000020-L.jpg
126KB, 800x532px
>>901089
The land is cheap because there's no utilities on it, often no easy access to it either.

Fucked up part about the real cheap lots... ranchers will buy parcels surrounding an area, leaving area available and for-sale in the center. Sure, you get access on the right-of-way from the ranchers that own the property you have to cross through... but it's like owning a house and someone else owns the driveway, so you have to get through their property to get to yours.

Weather can be brutal. Wind and lightning can be quite spectacular. Eastern WY sucks.

The water/fracking thing is media and enviro-retard bullshit. Oil is much deeper than the aquifers, the only thing that touches the water is a concrete casing. Failures on those are extremely rare (and extremely costly to repair). Idiots are afraid of things they don't understand.

Faggots get tied to fence posts and left to die. Liberals (anti-gun, big-gov't) typically aren't welcome.

Lived there for a while, went to college there, bunch of friends still live there, i'm there most weekends through the winter.
>>
File: IMG_20160526_111544596.jpg (819KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_111544596.jpg
819KB, 2592x1456px
Is Wyoming were the cowboys are?
>>
>>901138
>Faggots get tied to fence posts and left to die. Liberals (anti-gun, big-gov't) typically aren't welcome.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>901537
Matthew Shepard. He was a student at the University of Wyoming. In 1998 he was hanging out at a bar in Laramie when two guyts offered to give him a ride home. They had initially intended to drive him out to nowhere, rob him and let him walk back. But when they found out he was gay one of them, McKinney, pistol whipped him, fractured his skull and they left him tied to a wooden property marker to die.
>>
>>901547
this turned out to be false, he was a gay drug dealer who tried to steal from other gay drug dealers, who left him out to die, and then took their lawyers idea to play up the gay panic defense.
the bar they met at was an openly gay establishment.
>but muh narrative!
stop listening to /pol/ and /lgbt/ giving each other angry handjobs.
>>
>>901907
Source?
>>
>>901911
just google "matthew shepard drug deal gone bad" and you'll get a bunch of mainstream articles on it.
>>
>>901915
I'm not gonna prove your argument for you, provide a source.
If there's plenty of articles it should take you no effort.
>>
>>901917
I know I shouldn't spoon feed, but:
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/26/the-truth-behind-americas-most-famous-gay-hate-murder-matthew-shepard
www.advocate.com/print-issue/current-issue/2013/09/13/have-we-got-matthew-shepard-all-wrong
nypost.com/2013/10/28/uncomfortable-truth-behind-matthew-shepards-death/
www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/stephen-jimenez-matthew-shepard_n_3914707.html
>>
>>901920
Thank you for the source. 4chan is full of churlish little shits who like to make bullshit claims and fuck off when asked to back them up. So legitimately, thank you for taking the time to provide a source. Providing a source for a claim isn't spoon feeding, it's how you have a discussion.

I wasn't aware of Jiminez' book on the case, I think I !might give it a read.
>>
>>901923

>4chan is full of churlish little shits who like to make bullshit claims

They aren't bullshit, you are just an uneducated retard as your posts in this thread indicate
>>
>>901966
No, lots of them are bullshit. Boards like /pol/ and /lbgt/ are full of people spewing pet theories, hyperbole and outright bullshit. It's nice when someone takes the time to back up claims with sources. This is how reasoned debate occurs.
>>
The derail begins
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.