[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deuter packs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1800x1225px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1800x1225px
What do people in the US make of Deuter packs? I see them commonly worn in Europe, and I know they are sold in the States, but it seems to me that americans can't stop the dick-measuring between Gregory and Osprey.
>>
>>900908
They are pretty common here. I have one.
>>
Deuter makes decent packs, but there are definitely brands they have better designs and construction.
>>
When I was /out/fitting I definitely sold mostly Gregory and Osprey, but I'd say a close third was Deuter. I sold a LOT of Act Lite 65+10s. I liked that they're a full pound lighter than and $60-$80 cheaper than similar osprey/Gregory packs by virtue of having a simpler design with fewer extraneous features.

The harness wasn't the most comfortable, but the OS adjustability was handy because I could fit it to just about anybody.

It was my favorite pack for customers who wanted a solid, modern pack but didn't want to get lost in spec sheets and feature lists.
>>
>>900941
Actually iirc it was a pound lighter than an aether 70 and almost two pounds lighter than a Baltoro 65.
>>
>>900908
Mountaintop makes pretty good Deuter knock offs for half the price (they are almost the exact same design). Post PCT this year, I've been looking at the Atmos AG and had pretty much made up my mind before I decided to wait it out wait it out for the 2017 Aether AG. However, I just discovered the Gregory Zulu 65, which has all the features I've been looking for and I'll be purchasing it next week when I get my paycheck.
>>
>>900908
Both Gregorys and Ospreys fit me poorly. I recently bought a Deuter and it is the comfiest thing ever. I also like the simple design of them.
>>
my wife has a deuter act-lite 45 that she really likes.

we also have 2 gregorys and 2 ospreys. all 5 packs are different applications (a day pack each, a multiday pack each, and a baby pack).

but it's just a matter of fit. anyone who buys a pack JUST off brand name and not on how it fits them is a fucking moron who deserves to be uncomfortable.
>>
>>900908
I got a Deuter ACT lite 65+10 a year ago and I've taken it on a couple backpacking trips. I love it and it fits perfectly, balances well and doesn't have any bad friction points.
>>
>>900908
I have a Deuter 35+ and shit is amazing.

Did a 3 night trip with it two years ago, carries extremely well and is tough as fuck.

I also own several Osprey packs which are great too, but the Deuter really delivered more than I expected.
>>
I only buy US made packs, Zpacks is my fav
>>
>>901391
Agreed. I have very pointy, prominent hips. The hip belt on the Gregorys and Ospreys I have owned dug into them so much, that they'd be bleeding by the end of the trip. The Deuter, in contrast, is like a cloud for me.
>>
>>900908
I'm in Canada and own one. great design, great construction, very comfortable, great features. I tried a bunch. for comfort mammut was good too, but the intuitive design by the deuters is what sold me on them. I have a rise pro 34+
>>
>>903228
by the way the pack is great for attaching stuff as it was made for snowboarding and mountaineering. Also lots of pockets which appeals to me. Really convenient in that you can open it from the back and get at whatever without unloading the whole thing. Size wise it is a bit tight even though it extends to 42L. I'd recommend anyone wanting something for more than a couple of days out or who tends to pack more stuff to go to the rise 45+ or higher for the extra space.
>>
>>900908
Deuter and Jack Wolfskin make pretty good use of the kraut space magic they have in the Fatherland.
>>
>>903383
The German engineering meme.
>>
>>903497
>implying burger technology is better
>>
>>900908
German backpacking in Australia and New Zealand core
>>
File: kikki_turquoisemidnght.jpg (175KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
kikki_turquoisemidnght.jpg
175KB, 900x900px
I use this at Melee tournaments. Pick up girls at the bar. etc etc
>>
>>904210
Not gonna lie, I fucking love that pack.
>>
>>900908
I have one of those deuter packs that holds a toddler, and their gear. The pack while carrying a 38" tall kid that weighs 39lbs is actually comfy, and it's really balanced across my whole upperbody. I just wish that little bastard would stop throwing himself side to side, like he wants to fucking kill himself.
>>
>>904032
I didn't mean to imply this. It's just that plenty of German companies are shit, yet skate by on the German engineering meme.
>>
File: smug dog is smug.jpg (92KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
smug dog is smug.jpg
92KB, 640x580px
>>904032
>pretending american technology isn't better while posting from american designed hardware running american designed software on an american website running on the american invented internet
>>
>>903497
on a side note, Ortlieb is actually awesome and I shill for them for free whenever the opportunity arises. The bike panniers, anyway. I have no idea if their daypacks are any good.
>>
File: 68656314.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
68656314.webm
2MB, 640x360px
deuter is global market leader. comfy packs. Although I come from germany, i dislike the deuter-design.
>>
>>904336
>Implying the country with some of the highest obesity rates knows much about hiking
>>
>>905857
>implying a country with a population density higher than China and a ban on wild camping knows more
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.