[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to go to NWT for /out/. What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0980.gif (32KB, 601x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.gif
32KB, 601x800px
I'd like to go to NWT for /out/. What should I expect?
>>
>>900892
When, what time of year? Conditions vary.
>>
>>900912
Develop your hypothesis. Conditions can't vary more than New York and other Appalachian trail states
>>
File: longdark.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
longdark.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
My research tells me it should resemble pic related, op.

>>900959
> boreal forest and high arctic
> Conditions can't vary more than New York and other Appalachian trail states

Bahahaha, oh my sweet summer child.
Have you even glanced at the monthly weather averages for a location in the NWT? Seriously, faggot. This is one of the most seasonally varied climates in North America.
>>
>>900959
Ok. My hypothesis says fuck you asshole. Does that help?
>>
>>900973
>most seasonally active

I'll go in a warm month then. Not that guy btw.
>>
File: 710.jpg (141KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
710.jpg
141KB, 1400x1050px
>>900892
I've worked in the NWT. -56 with the windchill was the coldest I experienced. The winters are pretty brutal desu
>>
>>900974
Greetings newfriend. Here on /out/ we're helpful to each other. This isn't passive aggressive /k/. Welcome to our board.
>>
>>900977
Shit son it gets that cold in North Dakota in the oil fields. Uncomfortable but not impossible.
>>
File: Yellowknife.png (108KB, 1512x537px) Image search: [Google]
Yellowknife.png
108KB, 1512x537px
>>900976
It's not so bad during the summer months, although the diurnal variation is pretty shit too. You can be toasty during the day, and cold at night. Bugs are terrible at certain times throughout the year depending when the cold lets up.
Most of the weather comes from advancing cold fronts from the Beaufort, so you'll get shit days mixed in with the good ones. Bring layers, and you'll be dandy.

Absolutely wonderful countryside though. Almost untouched, and liberal random camping regulations. Bushcraft/survivalist's dream. I'm told the kayaking is awesome though I haven't done it myself.

It also has a surprisingly rich history for what's historically a barren wasteland. At least if you're into natives and ancient civilizations and shit.
>>
>>900977
Weak. I solod Mount Vinson in Antarctica as part of the 7 summits and it gets to -90 on the reg.
>>
>>900993
pics?
>>
>>900979
Fuck you too, ssshole. I've been here since 1997.
>>
>>901010
It got so cold my camera died and it was before we had cameras in our phones
>>
>>901013
Did you eat the sled dogs?
>>
>>901039
Penguins
>>
>>901013
>got so cold my camera freezed

That's a convenient excuse. I'm calling bullshit. You've never even been to Antarctica.
>>
File: GTFO.gif (687KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
687KB, 400x300px
>>901013
>having the dosh and know how to climb antarctic mountains
>brings a normie camera
>>
I have been to Yellowknife during the summer, its really nice out in the woods and stuff but the in town theirs just piles of trash in random places there also condoms all over the street. The food is really expensive and non of the workers speak English.
>>
>>901145
OMG.
>>
File: 3a1.jpg (36KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
3a1.jpg
36KB, 600x467px
>>901011
>>
>>901011
Really?
>>
>>901011
I highly doubt that.
>>
>>901145
Whatevs bruh
>>
Guyz, you don't solo summit Vinson with out eating the sled dogs!

There are NO PENGUINS on Mt.Vinson! He's just fucking with you.

When I solo summited Mt. Vinson, I ate ALL the sled dogs.
>>
>>901256
Don't be a shitlord this is a safe space
>>
Canadanon here. Nwt or northern bc or Alberta is amazing /out/. A guy I went to school his father actually founder an ice man up there. Thing was thousands of years old I think their is an article about it online. His name is bill or William can't remember what he put on the article. He was hunting sheep up there. He showed some pictures of everything and it's surreal it's so gorgeous
>>
>>901331
How about Yukon?
>>
>>900987
>Google map "yellowknife"
>Holy fuck things exist north of Alberta/Saskatchewan
>>
File: map_E_new.jpg (45KB, 495x327px) Image search: [Google]
map_E_new.jpg
45KB, 495x327px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.