[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are gaiters worth the purchase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Gonna be doing a lot of snow hiking and camping in CO. Are Gaiters any good or not worth it?
>>
>snow hiking

Yes, get some good waterproof gaiters.
>>
Absolutely worth it, since they usually don't cost that much and keep your pants dry and protected.
>>
Yes waterproof insulated ones and your feet will be toasty warm all day. Nothing worse than getting some snow down your pant leg.
>>
>>899549
Yup.

I've worn mine in a turrible marsh, my feet were drier longer than anticipated (though capitulation was inevitable, even dudes with Lowa Goretexes got theirs wet. I hate trench foot)
>>
>14 threads of how do I go camping in Colorado

Are you slow or just a scared cat?
>>
File: download (49).jpg (9KB, 230x336px) Image search: [Google]
download (49).jpg
9KB, 230x336px
Just get some insulated Xtratufs, you will never look back. Idk why they are so expensive online, I bought mine for 50 bucks at a local shoppe
>>
No pair of nylon gaiters I've owned have lasted as long as they ought to for the price. If there's a pair of gaiters in existence that can hold up to more than one year of moving through heather and scrub, I'd like to know about them.
>Are they any good?
Yes, they're essential; make a huge difference
>are they worth it
they're not worth what they cost, that's for sure.
>>
for snow, waterproof gaiters are a must. I won't even go out in the snow unless I have waterproof gaiters. If it's just water you're worried about, then a pair of tall rubber boots will do just fine
>>
>>899591

Eh. The Filson ones are better.
>>
>>899549
Yes. You could also carry a couple of garbage bags and cordage to make your own on the go if you are a cheap bastard like me. The best would be to get a pattern and make them yourself. It's not hard at all.
>>
>>899781
They would be ripped to shreds in no time.
>>
Absolutely yes. You'd be a retard to choose otherwise, honestly. Also get some ganja maaaan!
>>
>>899873
no
>>
>>899769
You realize that the filsons are just regular 15in xtratufs with a Filson label and color scheme?
>>
>>899949
>better
>>
gaiters are for faggots get a pair of snow boots or a pair of snowshoes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.