[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying clean when /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3153.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3153.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
anyone know good techniques for staying hygienic whilst on long trips, planning on camping along the pennine way and would preferrably wash with stream water. anyone have good ideas for staying clean when /out/?

pic unrelated
>>
>>897763
I find a ziplock with some wet wipes for the nether region goes a long way in staying fresh and clean.
>>
File: Sea-summit-soap-leaves.jpg (28KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sea-summit-soap-leaves.jpg
28KB, 300x192px
>>897763
Did a long distance hike in Scotland this summer. We had degradable soap with us (pic related) and washed our heads and armpits in streams every now and then and when the weather was decent we washed more thoroughly. Sometimes we washed our clothing in the streams and let it dry hanging from our backpacks.

Other than that having baselayer clothing made from wool really helps reduce the odor!
>>
Campsuds my dude
>>
File: 948672.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
948672.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>897763
Baby wipes in a ziplock. And no rinse shampoo.
>>
File: IMG_3184.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3184.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>897763
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I want to make sure if i use something like shampoo i won't be polluting any water systems nearby, so does anyone know of any products made with natural ingredients only?
>>
>>897850
Above you mate. No rinse shampoo. It cleans your hair and then air dries out.
>>
>>897850
Castile soap. It's biodegradable and you can wash yourself, your clothes and just about anything else with it.
>>
>>897763

People get dirty and stinky fast cause they wash too often and use soaps and shampoo. Washing too often isn't even healthy. I've come to a point where i never use shampoo or soap in daily life anymore, except for my hands and armpits, and i actually feel cleaner and stay clean way longer then when i used to use soap and shampoo, my skin is more healthy as well. You have to do it gradually cause otherwise you'll be greasy and stinky at first. The body will adapt if you don't wash off all its natural hygienic defenses. So if you're planning a longer trip try to wash less gradually the weeks before you leave.

Also as someone said before use wool baselayers and socks.

If i get too stinky i wash with water, which should be enough for most bodyparts if your skin is adapted. I carry hand disinfectant for my hands and sometimes my armpits, don't rub that shit on your dick though.

If you have space in your backpack try not to compress worn clothes too much and sometimes hang them out at night or hang them from your pack so they can air a bit.

Try not too sweat too much.

Apart from that, don't try to fight it to hard, you're trekking, you will feel dirty at times, its normal...
>>
I don't. When I section hiked part of the PCT for two months, I didn't bath once. I washed my hands here and there, but that's it. When /out/, let yourself stink, let yourself be natural.
>>
>>897850
Asbestos is 100% natural
>>
>>898446
ok...

So you're washing your hair with asbestos now? I mean, what's your fucking point?
>>
>>898446
fucking snowflake
>>
>>897850
>natural ingredients only
>natural = not pollution
So I can dump a barrel of oil into a river and it's okay?
>>
>>898453
The point is that fucking everything is "natural" and that everything's a chemical. There's plenty of natural products that can pollute waterways, including "natural" soaps.

It doesn't matter where the chemical comes from; just make sure it isn't toxic to the environment and you're dandy.
>>
>>898501
That's what I meant, and I should have phrased it differently, but i'm pretty sure the meaning was fairly clear
>>
Water and a rag. Anything else is a luxury.
>>
>>898446
>>898498

Samefag

If it's natural oil without chemical additives the amount of one dose of shampoo wouldn't do much harm
>>
>>898505
You don't wash your hair or remove body greases with oil.
>>
Dr brauns is good stuff. I bring it in 15ml plastic squeeze bottle.
>>
>>898506
>strigilis
>>
>>897763
You answered your own question already.

Wash with stream water.
/thread
>>
>>898505
Not a same fag, just trying to point out that thinking that just because something is natural, doesn't mean it's good, and just because something is man made or has "chemicals" in it, doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>897763
Soap concentrate. Just pour a drop in your water, clean yourself, clean your dishes.
Though if you're trying to LNT a ziplock bag and wipes are hard to beat.
By far the easiest way to clean yourself while backpacking is to walk in a river or something.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.