[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two person sleeping bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1415311012001.jpg (140KB, 601x1590px) Image search: [Google]
1415311012001.jpg
140KB, 601x1590px
So, I've had the notion to go on a little trip with a friend. And we need sleeping bags. So instead of us both bringing individual mats and sleeping bags, I thought; 'well surely two sleeping bags takes up far more space, uses far more material and is less insulative than a double sleeping bag!, that way we have the heat of two people sleeping close together, to economise on material and thus weight, seems far more efficient'.

Well anyway, I'm not looking up CHEAP (say 50£) double sleeping bags, and they're like 4kg when a normal bag is like 1kg!!! So why the fuck are double sleeping bags so big and heavy. What is this shit. And why are the only good ones I can get 300£.

And furthermore, if a single bed mattress is 90cm wide, and a double is 138cm wide, then you should be able to get a 'double' roll mat which is wider, but not 2* as wide as a conventional single person roll mat, do these exist? Or will that set me back 200£ as well.
>>
>>897511

Correction

> I'm not looking up CHEAP (say 50£) double sleeping bags

I AM looking up CHEAP (say 50£) double sleeping bags
>>
Lower demand means lower production and fewer savings from economy of scale/competition. The people who buy double bags are usually couples who'll shell out the extra money. Plus, some guys will pay any price to bone.

So far as weight goes, a one person bag can be somewhat form fitting, saving weight and increasing insulation. A two person bag needs wiggle room so you're not plastered on top of each other in a sweaty heap, and then results in escaping heat through the wider opening; to have the same rating, better materials need to be used to make up for that.

Just get two straight cut bags with complementary zippers, and zip them together. It's even less subtle than buying a double bag, but at least you won't pay out the ass for it. Plus, you then have two spare bags as replacements, or to lend to normies you drag into the wilderness with you.
>>
>>897545
this
intelligent answer anon
>>
>>897511
Does your friend know you want to have sex with him?
>>
File: IMG_1856.gif (88KB, 51x52px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1856.gif
88KB, 51x52px
>>897548
>>
>>897545

Yeah that seems to be what i'll do, or I'll buy some cheapo amazon square bag and see how it goes, we're hitchiking so weight isn't as much of an issue as in hiking. It just seems a bit silly that I've either got the choice of cheapo heavy piece of chinese shit, or ultralite double lamina xxxpro durodown synthetic shell ultra super gortex arcticpro 300£ bag, and there doesn't seem to be any reasonable inbetween.

Thanks for the explanation by the way, it makes sense I suppose. And as for two people rollmats, do such things exist? Surely with rollmats, weight is directly proportional to size, and a 'double' rollmat which is narrower than two single rollmats would exist and indeed provide some weight/space saving?
>>
>>897559
I really haven't looked into two person rollmats before. I almost exclusively solohike, and sometimes don't bring any pad at all. My gear is pretty minimalist.

Pads/mats are usually pretty light, so you're probably not going to be getting much in the way of weight savings out of them - ounces at best. I imagine one wider roll will be more awkward to handle and pack around than two single ones. If you're hitchhiking, you're gonna have to fit your gear into some really tight spaces sometimes.

since you've already sacrificed utility in the name of getting laid, you might consider just getting one of those queen sized inflatable air mattresses. Weight's not a massive concern when you're hitching, and you'll be comfy as fuck. Does a good job of insulating from the ground too.
>>
>>897564

Nah probably will just bring two individual rollmatts. It's a disappointment because logic says that a couple sleeping together should be able to save weight and whatnot from the shared utility of sleeping together, but it seems the opposite, so it seems we won't be saving any weight here sadly ( unless i've got 600£ to burn ). Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.