[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEWT Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 30

New Boot Thread cuz there isn't one.

>Austrian Military Surplus prebroken in
discuss how awesome this deal is.
>>
>>894530
>prebroken in

I think you mean "used"
>>
File: Rogue-RB5-Boots.jpg (83KB, 800x800px)
Rogue-RB5-Boots.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
>>894530
Rouge RB5 Trans Africa, pic related. Water resistant, pretty comfortable, extremely durable, good aesthetics. Not as good as some of the more high end boots, but for $135.00, its an excellent boot.
>>
Ewww.

Just get some Danner boots with red laces. They look sexy.
>>
>>894622
>Rouge RB5

Holy shit!

Get Rays fucking cock out of your mouth.

*he says as he reaches for his Ray Mears Scandinavian Forest Axe and Ray Mears Autobiography.
>>
>>894628
What's your point?
>>
File: IMG_8667.jpg (36KB, 530x480px)
IMG_8667.jpg
36KB, 530x480px
>>894530
Figured I'd come here rather than /fa/ since this is more of a functionality question.

Does anyone know any good heritage-looking boots that are actually waterproof? I love the look of the Iron Rangers, but I can't justify spending that much on boots that can't keep my feet dry and that have terrible/no treads
>>
>>894784
Wtf is a heritage boot? Meindl cambridge are cheeky formal looking boots, with goretex
>>
>>894784
Iron rangers complement raw denim and fedoras very well. Add a fish tail parka and you'll be swimming in pussy. If I told you how much pussy I get with my iron rangers you would think I was a liar.
>>
>>894813
Heritage means fake hipster vintage, so you can dress like a 19th century miner even though you're in the IT department.
>>
File: sault.jpg (167KB, 945x748px) Image search: [Google]
sault.jpg
167KB, 945x748px
>>
>>894784
If you want to look like a urban lumberjack cosplayer that likes to go /out/ just get some Danners
>>
>>894530
>prebroken
So shaped to someone else's foot, usually not the best idea
>>
i have a pair of boots that i enjoy a lot. they were incredibly but have served me incredibly well. the welting looks like it was sewed on (ofc) but its actually just glued. the problem is that the welt has a split on each boot, and the rubber sole under the split on one boot has begun to crack and flex in this spot. the crack opens and closes with each step, stressing the leather. now theres a hole above the crack.
is there any way i can fix this and stop the crack from spreading?
if i just cram that shit full of shoe goo will i be good?
i can provide pics if theres any interest.
>>
>>894784
>boots that wont keep my feet dry
literally what?
are you planning on standing immobile in hip deep water for a few hours? if you just step into, and then subsequently out of, a small puddle, youll be totally fine.
get saddle soap or sno seal if your really concerned. if the tongue is attached, you should be good up to the opening.
>>
Best boot ever. Great for booting.
>>
>>894970
get this garbage out of here
>>
>>895046
If you like them enough, you could try taking them to a cobbler (sometimes a tailor/drycleaner will do it too) and have them resoled. Not exactly sure about the whole process or whathaveyou but my buddy had a pair of boots he fucking loves saved by doing this.
>>
>>894784
u can wear plastic bags on your feet and your feet wont get wet. At least they won't get wet from water coming in.
>>
Does anyone have experience with Rocky boots? Thinking about getting this pair, but can't tell if they'll fall apart in a few days.
>>
>>895173
ive heard that they cant/wont do that if it was glued on instead of sewn on, but i supposed it doesnt hurt to ask.
>>
>>895176
I can - they will
>>
>>895177
It depends on how the boot is constructed. Generally a boot needs to board lasted to be resoled and that kind of construction is expensive.

Cheaper boots can't be resoled because they use an injection molded lower that is attached directly to the upper of the boot, so trying to separate them would destroy the whole thing.
>>
>>895200
if i attach a picture of part of the boot in question would you be able to tell?
>>
>>895202
Couldn't hurt to try. Try and get me a shot or two of where the upper and midsole are attached.
>>
>>895204
im in a lab right now but when i get back to my room i will post a few pictures.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (32KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
32KB, 500x486px
what do ppl think of this aesthetic. Got my pair of good inna boots, got a few pairs of trail runners, these are more for looks. Anyone got an opinion? I kinda like the sneakerbottomboot look, and realtree/mossyoak. Open to suggestions if anyone knows other boots like this
>>
>>895207
No rush.
>>
>>895216
I think it looks like spaceship fucked a combat boot and the baby got barfed on by a Walmart and moved into the back of a farm supply store.

But that's just my subjective preference.
>>
I wear McRae Jungle Boots in uniform and for my daily wear. Not a great sole for a lot of walking, but my feet have never gotten wet during pouring rain, despite the open vents on the side of the boot, and I get decent traction.

Thinking about getting something that is a little better for /out/ type stuff. Want to get into hiking the local area, walking the farm more, etc. Live in the midwest, so no crazy terrain. Had been looking at Oboz Bridger Mid BDry Men’s Hiking Boots and Salomon Men's Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boot.

Want to be under $200. Any suggestions?
>>
>>895224
honestly, you dont really need fancy stuff for hiking unless youre dealing with some funky terrain.
prepare for a personal anecdote
ive gone pretty far (somewhere around 11 miles) in low top converse. i was dealing mostly with flat forests though (i did have to walk through about 500 yards of water)
ive since stopped doing that because i fucked up my arches between then and now, i think it was breaking in a pair of bean boots
>>
>>895223
HELL YES. I'm getting them. I'll let you know how they handle when the floors are wet from pussy juice
>>
>>895224
my vote is for the Salomons, cuz that brand fits me and has served me well.

Have a friend who says the same about the Oboz, although he does low cut hiking shoes.

Honestly, I'd say hike in what you've got. That way you'll have a better sense of what to look for when you're trying out boots. Or you'll save yourself $200.
>>
>>895052
>3.95MB
>blurry photo
>wasting that much bandwidth for Walmart work boots

just leave
>>
File: dnr-30520new-3.jpg (198KB, 619x738px) Image search: [Google]
dnr-30520new-3.jpg
198KB, 619x738px
Danner Mountain Light

(The original model of highest quality, unlike all the hipster spinoff models of the same name.)

>Bought a pair in April 2012.
>Took a month to break in.
>Soaked the leather in real neatsfoot oil (not the kerosene-scented "compound").
>Used traditional dubbin the first winter.
>Wore them almost every day in every season.
>Put an axe into the side of one in the winter of 2013.
>Took a while to fix it.
>Stitched 2-inch gash up with heavy duty outdoor thread and a curved needle two years later.
>Still wearing them every day in every season. >Still using the original laces for chrissakes.

10/10 would buy again if I ever have to.
>>
File: 1472076500673.jpg (32KB, 640x423px)
1472076500673.jpg
32KB, 640x423px
What kind of boot should I get for off trail hiking? I hunt in an area where we spend slot of time brush hunting and the terrain is very harsh. I need something with incredible ankle support as I often end up twisting my ankle by the end of the day.

I'm limited to danner boots because I know one of their sales reps who can get me a pair for dirt cheap. Any suggestions?
>>
>>895219
sorry for the delay
>>
>>895398
i ended up just going to sleep when i got back to my room
>>
>>895398
>>895401
ive gone many many miles in these boots, including one time about a mile up to my waist in water, theyre five years old, and the left boot is perfectly fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1638px
So far so good.
>>
File: DannerVicious.jpg (129KB, 1000x1000px)
DannerVicious.jpg
129KB, 1000x1000px
>>895380
lose weight and watch where you're walking first and foremost.

I have a pair of the Danner Vicious and they're the shit.
>>
File: 1479315261314.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479315261314.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>895224
>open vents
>my feet have never gotten wet during pouring rain
>>
>>895305
nice boots, but why the light yellow coloured laces? Black or dark brown would be better wouldn`t it?
>>
>>895172
why they`re garbage?
>>
>>895403
It's not looking good, anon. Even they could be resoled, the fact that the welt is split to and upper is tearing above the stitching....both of those things would be really tricky to repair.

You can still check with your local cobbler, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high.
>>
>>895380
Get something with a stiff midsole, since that's where most of the support comes from anyway. Also go get fitted for some superfeet, if you're pronating (flat footed) that throws your joints out of line.
>>
File: torultrahi.jpg (139KB, 1170x949px) Image search: [Google]
torultrahi.jpg
139KB, 1170x949px
Anyone had these before? I like trail runners for regular hiking, but getting into more rough terrain I'm looking for more support/waterproofing.

>4mm heel drop
>eVent waterproof
>17 oz weight

They have "sporty" colors, but also come in sand tan and all black. Might just end up going towards a light mountaineering boot so I can rebuild it.
>>
>>894530
>wearing another mans boots.

What in the actual fuck. You are paying for another mans cast offs. Even the homeless get better return on their nonexistant dollar. The sooner you kill yourself the sooner tour feet will be freed from their nonstop torture.
>>
>>895596
Either they have never gotten wet, or not enough to be noticeable. But at times when they would've been soaked in my Marauders or Bates, my feet were comfortably dry.

Highly unlikely, I know, but it's true.
>>
File: IMG_2937.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2937.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just got a pair of pic related- Irish Setter Havoc 9in. Anybody /out/ with Irish Setter/Red Wing?
>>
>>895224
Those are your fucking bmt boots, they suck. Sorry to break it to you.
>>
File: MRLM-J35799-121415-F16-HERO.jpg (51KB, 790x657px) Image search: [Google]
MRLM-J35799-121415-F16-HERO.jpg
51KB, 790x657px
What boots should I look into for winter hiking?

I know I want the most aggressive sole I can for walking on slush/ice, minimum 6" height preferring 8" or even 10", and no goretex

So far I'm interested in pic related but I'm not sure if it has goretex

What else should I look at friends
>>
File: 420976_ts.jpg (71KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
420976_ts.jpg
71KB, 1154x1154px
>>896938
I've had my eye on a pair of muck boots- absolutely water proof, warm and nice.
>>
OH MY WORD BOYS.
They've got the Austrian Mountain Division boots too! **Pre-broken In Also** disquss
>>
>>896938
It has mdry, which is Merrell's in-house membrane. It's polyurethane rather than PTFE (like gore or event). It's still waterproof, but not as breathable.
>>
>>895599
Am I a ninja?
If hunting, can my feet be seen from 100 yards away? 10 yards away?
Can I see in the dark?

No, no and no. There's a reason outdoor boot laces have traditionally been yellow or red.
>>
>>897025
Where do they have them?
Combat boots give me a hard on
>>
are danner mountain boots really a decent outdoor boot and not just fashion?
>>
File: spedcopsmissouri.png (176KB, 972x1553px)
spedcopsmissouri.png
176KB, 972x1553px
Fuck, I just wear my steel-toes hiking.
>>
Im rocking the Danner Mountain II. I believe thats the name. When Im not hiking I wear some Adidas trail runners.
>>
>>895176
No experience with that type, but Rocky's Army boots are highly regarded as durable field boots. I'd trust them for durability.
>>
File: IMG_2164.jpg (152KB, 929x1072px)
IMG_2164.jpg
152KB, 929x1072px
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a bean boot/Maine hunting boot? I might get one, but I know next to nothing about them
>>
File: 3179103-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3179103-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
The average annual extreme minimum temperature up here in upstate NY is -31 to -35 Fahrenheit. Will the Columbia bugaboot plus iii boot work for everyday use up here?
>>
>>897728
They seem very clunky and stiff, but it could give you a lot of support on the snow. I don't know too much about them, I only tried them on at a store, but I'm sure breaking them in would fix the issues.
>>
went out to the store and tried out some boots

try out haglöfs barken, 1-layer leather, like them and decide to get them
at the counter he says 2800 kr (303 US dollars)
trying to contain my shock, pay for them and leave.

would you pay that much for a pair of boots? thinking about returning them
>>
>>897793
>Modern one layer leather boot
Please do tell me more about these anon.
>>
>>897654
I have a pair. Comfy as fuck, made in America, lifetime warranty. I got the the basic 8" ones without any lining.
>>
>>897815
what's there to say.. snug fit, grips the heel, feels surprisingly sturdy but this will probably wear of. also has RECCO but yeah
>>
>>897654
I would get these if I didn't split my time between being out in the deserts and out in the swamps. I have a pair that belong to my work that are awesome.
>>
>>897793
>would you pay that much for a pair of boots?
Yes. Do you have ANY idea how important footwear is? Also, if you're going hiking, big clunky combat boots may not be the best choice. I suggest you google yourself to some basic knowledge and then choose a boot suited to your needs instead. Also, never get pre owned shit, boots are made to adapt to your foot. They can't do that if they've already adapted to someone else's foot. Lykke til!
>>
>>897887
they are being advertised as a hiking-boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11j8mpJoec&t=2s

dont really know what to google up, though i have come to term that gore tex is not what i want
>>
>>897895
>they are being advertised as a hiking-boot
Yes, but again different boots suit different needs. If you google "how to choose hiking boots" you'll end up with a guide like this
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Hiking-Boots-Reviews/Buying-Advice

Basically, if you're this new to the topic it's unlikely that you'll be needing something that big, heavy and robust. Heavy shoes are really tiring and not worth it unless you're going over really rough terrain with quite a load. Read guides, think about what you'll be doing and buy accordingly.
>>
>>897906
they all have gore-tex, like fuck
but ill keep my eyes peeled
>>
>>897910
I'm not going to shill gore-tex (mainly because I was a Norwegian army conscript and we hated our gore-tex rain uniform, everyone who could exchanged it for the old one) but I don't see too much of a problem with it either. What exactly is it you don't like about it? Have you tried it? I've had multiple gore-tex shoes and seen no discernible difference from non gore-tex shoes.
>>
File: 234232dd.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px)
234232dd.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>897793
>>897895
I took a look at them in the store but they where quite heavy and I didn't like that rubber thing in the front. What really turned me off though was that the leather in the tongue isn't going all the way up (pic related), absolutely retarded.

They're probably good boots, but you could have just as well went with a tried and tested Lundhags boot.

The 1-layer style boots comes to its right when you're out several days off trail in wet environments, like the Skandi mountains, and you don't have the ability to dry the boots.
>>
>>894784
eany boot is water proof with the right lube u scrubb
>>
File: HOB THIS KNOB MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (200KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HOB THIS KNOB MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
200KB, 669x1000px
>>897936
lol. like that /fa/g is gonna put vaseline all over his "heritage boot"

that shit works well tho. Using shoe polish on boots works well for this purpose too. There's a reason they used to do that shit and it's not just for looks.

too many goys on this thread talking shit about used boots. I do see that there is some line which you'd better buy new boots or pay the consequences, but fuck, if you polish boots- and polish them correctly- you can tighten the leather up around your foot and restore waterproofing. It's nice, and sad that people don't understand this anymore.
>>
Just got these delivered today, haven't taken them out of the box just yet. I bought into vibrams ice+ testing... We shall see
>>
>>895305
Presumably two years old with the same Vibram sole. You either don't do shit or your rubber is nothing. Post a pic of them today!
>>
File: 1466539842011.jpg (48KB, 500x764px) Image search: [Google]
1466539842011.jpg
48KB, 500x764px
Wow.

People actually buy used boots? Sounds like some left wing homo ideology.

I guess KIDS these days dont know whats its like to break in your OWN gear. Seriously, my oil tin jackets have more life in them than your "military surplus" gear. Wow. Thans Mom. I always wanted a pair of worn, Eastern European, boots that probably have never seen enemy soil.
>>
>>895305

Currently wearing the Mt. Light II.

Really comfortable hiking boot. Still holding up despite the snow and rain treks.
>>
File: 9zhyzvm.gif (3MB, 309x313px)
9zhyzvm.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>898616

Christ on a handstick.

I just checked the price for these and I cant believe I paid that much. I mean they are worth it, its just thats the most Ive paid for footwear at retail prices.

My Ashkenazi ancestors might look down on me, but I'll just tell them its "buy it for life".
>>
>>898611
Great blog post, how do I unsubscribe?
>>
File: 1465491076638.jpg (1MB, 900x679px) Image search: [Google]
1465491076638.jpg
1MB, 900x679px
>>898632

By wiping the cum out of your mouth.
>>
>>898632
lel.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.