[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking Socks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 3933_01.jpg (82KB, 575x330px) Image search: [Google]
3933_01.jpg
82KB, 575x330px
Best socks for hiking and backpacking that are available in the UK?

I'm going to Japan in Spring for a couple of months and want some socks that I don't need washing everyday. I heard merino wool is the way to go on a few travel blogs.

Price isn't really a concern, but I would prefer good value.
>>
that don't need*
>>
>>892702
Merino is definitely the way to go, don't know any brands for the UK tho, as I got mine in NZ
>>
Darn tough wool socks. Don't know if they are available in UK but they are quality socks.
>>
>>892702
Merino all the way, and make sure they have a decent percentage of it though (>60%). Merino socks don't really cost more than any other type of "trekking" socks.
>>
>>892702
I bought some like these. They're great. There's different sizes of them as well, Smartwool is great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008K7NI7W/ref=twister_B008VS7XW6
>>
are you going alone, anon?
>>
See if you can find at least one pair of double layered merino wool socks to they're a godsend to swap to if you feel a blister coming on.
>>
>>892823
Affirmative
>>
Merino socks at varusteleka, use code tomcooksvarusteleka maybe it still works and you get 10% discount
>>
>>892702
Darn tough. Most of Japan is quite humid, so you may want to go for the most breathability.
>>
>>892702
Bring plenty of toothpaste, deodorant, and ibuprofen. The Japanese versions of these items suck. You will not want to use the native brands. And, if you are above averagely endowed, the urban legend that Japanese condoms are "snugger" is true unless you go to a shop like Condomania.
>>
>>892702

I've heard of some US army issued socks with silver(?) that supposedly you don't need to change/wash every day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.