[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Semi /out/ Shoes ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: clarks.jpg (30KB, 534x377px) Image search: [Google]
clarks.jpg
30KB, 534x377px
Sup /out/

I live on a small farmhouse in France. I use rubber boots for the garden and security shoes for the lumber but need something for everything inbetween.

Been using those Clarks Sheppy Dry GTX for 2 years but the glue sole finally came out. These were great for everyday use. Light, resistant enough and waterproof. They still do them but only black and I like my natural leather look.

Any advices ?
>>
Correction: actually even the black model is discontinued ... f this "new collection" mentality.
>>
File: Keen-Austin.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Keen-Austin.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>892604
a few years ago, I wanted this exact thing. I ended up buying a pair of Keens. They were ok, but the thing is there is no "everything shoe" I think you have the right idea in having rubber boots and steel toe shoes and these. Please let us know what you go for.
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good moccasin for hiking?
>>
>>894918
yeah, trail runners.
>>
>slick as fuck
>look /fa/ as fuck under a suit
>used by American paratroopers in WW2 and were widely sought after by regular infantrymen so they have to be durable and plenty good for /out/ too
>plenty of ankle support
>can wave off any criticism by telling him to show some respect for soldiers that fought and died for his freedom

What else could you possibly want?
>>
>>894936

That's not what I asked.
>>
>>894950
Padding
Actual grippy sole
Not having to spend hours lacing them up
>>
File: tan_1656723_main.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tan_1656723_main.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
I get weird looks but I enjoy wearing wading boots. Very comfy.
>>
>>895092
You're probably not going to get any serious answers because not a lot of people hike in mocs.

Just being straight with you.
>>
>>894918
I had a pair of moccasins a while ago I bought on an indian reservation. They were cheesy knockoffs that fell apart, but they were still fun.

If you look around at Barefoot footwear companies, many of them have very thin shoes that allow total foot flex and a lot of sensitivity. That is if your aim is the feeling of mocs.

Alternatively, you could make a pair. Wouldn't be that hard, you'd be proud of what you did and it'd be custom made to your foot.
>>
>>895114

I appreciate you being straight with me. But trail runners and hiking boots just aren't comfortable imo.

>>895182

Thanks I'll look into them, but I really want moccasins.
>>
>>895684
Check Vivo barefoot, Lem or the Merrell glove series.

Those are all pretty minimalist shoes but they still have grippy outsoles.
>>
File: 1479422993910.jpg (66KB, 573x550px) Image search: [Google]
1479422993910.jpg
66KB, 573x550px
>>894950
>fought and died for freedom
unfortunately most of them didn`t know what they were fighing for and anon here is right>>895103
if anything you`d like something like this: http://www.danner.com/product/work/quarry-usa-8-brown-at.html
>>
File: C20-RT5300.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C20-RT5300.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
>>892604
Was thinking the same

What about a solid waterproof boot with a zip locker for everyday use ?
>>
>>894950
>fought and died for his freedom
You mean fought and died so Europeans could get eternally bumfucked by immigrants and Jews. Thanks for that by the way, the Germans are well on their way to complete extinction now.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161119-194421.jpg (400KB, 1229x997px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161119-194421.jpg
400KB, 1229x997px
>>
>>896477
You're welcome, glad to know that we ultimately did the right thing.
>>
>>896070

Are you really going to say WW2 soldiers didn't fight and die for freedom? Like, shit nigger dull the edge. e.
>>
>Have size 16 shoe
Is there any hope for me to get some decent hiking/outdoor shoes. My current heavy duty shoes are too clunky to camp in.
>>
>>896477
>>897036
Well not for their own, which makes it even more admirable in fact.
Also not their fault postwar kiddies would eventually fuck it up.
>>
>>892604
you could possibly try to get them resoled if you really like them.
>>
>>897117
Easy

Dunham - Lawrence, they go up to size 18 4E. I can vouch for these shoes. Wide heel base, firm counter. More depth in the toe box. Good breath-ability. Decent traction on the outsole. Replace the stock insoles though.
>>
>>892604

Varg is that you?
>>
>>898072
>Good "specs"
>Tonnes of sizes/widths
>Decent price on amazon and acutally ships to upside down land
Holy shit anon thank you for the reply, you seriously have no idea. Also thanks for the tip i'll find a replacement insole if i purchase them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.