[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoopy stories/encounters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_1828.jpg (2MB, 2816x1880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1828.jpg
2MB, 2816x1880px
Have any of you anons every experienced things that made you legitimately scared while innawoods?
>>
File: dinosaur.gif (21KB, 451x75px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur.gif
21KB, 451x75px
Being stalked by a mountain lion on two occasions.

Having a buddy radio back to me "two sleds unrideable, and I need you down here to assist with a medical".

Couple of times i've rode by fairly fresh meth (i'm guessing) ops in the woods. Mark those in the GPS and keep riding...
>>
File: 1478550647382.png (522KB, 619x801px) Image search: [Google]
1478550647382.png
522KB, 619x801px
Just mostly getting stalked by mountain lions and the such.
Had one "spooky" experience a few years back but it was probably some guys fucking with me
>>
>>893051
share please
>>
>>892365
yes. I have shared the story atleast 4 times in here. bigfoot is real.

fuck off newfag.
>>
>>892387
I came across a black panther on my property about a week and a half ago.
Pretty cat.
A "neighbor" (about 20 miles away) took a pic of one last year. Not sure how big their range really is, might have been the same one.
>>
>>893056
I like these threads but it is the same stories every time.

>que the anon with the stick people
>>
>Stalker challenge and came across a meth cooking site deep innawoods
>Came across a brown bear in a state where there weren't supposed to be any. All I had was a .22 Ruger
>Have almost been caught by park rangers when illegally camping out in state parks
>>
>>893087
what state was the brown bear in? they have a suprisingly large fringe habitat. I have seen one in east texas.
>>
>>893092
Northeastern Ohio
>>
>>893092
>>893098
I am guessing it was someone's pet. Ohio got rid of exotic animal ownership and a lot of people just released them into the wild.
>>
>>893098
isn't ne ohio pretty close to the appalachians? I bet if you call ohio parks and wildlife or whatever they call it there, bears aren't unheard of, just rare.

I was astonished when I saw one in the texas piney woods, but tpwd says there are about 150 that winter there, and head up to the ozarks for summer.
>>
Not exactly spooky but memorable nonetheless

>visiting father-in-law that lives in northern alberta
>1am ish, go outside for a smoke
>spark up, go to take second drag and a symphony of wolves start howling all at once seemingly from every direction.
>nearly dropped my smoke
>nearly shit my pants if I'm honest
>Listen for a bit, then go back inside. Kind of awestruck.
>FIL is unfazed. "They do that" is all I get in the way of comment.
>Spent the next hour reassuring my 4 year old son he wasn't going to be eaten by wolves. The howling had actually woken him up.
>He didn't calm again until grandpa showed him his rifle and convinced my son the home was defensible.
>>
So I got /out/ this weekend into the mountains and I think I heard a banshee for the first time.

Did a 7 mile into the bush (steep climb, hurting for it today) and got all set up at camp. The day progressed pretty normally; ate, jot up some thoughts in a book I keep, did a little drinking. So, come night, I put out the fire ready to go to sleep. I leave the rain fly off my tent because it was unnecessary pack weight and I didn't need it for this trip.

Fast forward to either just before, or just after midnight... I hear this blood curdling screams from a woman that lasted a good 4 minutes, probably about 12 really good belts. This was strange as shit because nobody should be in the area. I tried to rationalize it saying it was some fucked up owl call but there was a distinct human quality to the intonation. Set my hairs on end like I never had while being out, not even against dangerous animals. I didn't really do anything except ride it out and stay up for the next hour to make sure I wasn't about to die and went right back to bed.

Very weird stuff.
>>
>>893384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk1mAd77Hr4
>>
>>893413

Similar, but not quite.

Also, we don't have red foxes in the area. Although we do have both grey and swift (dark) foxes. The scream was prolonged, probably in intervals of 5-7 seconds. Unless it was somehow 'howling' that scream, and had a different pitch... maybe?
>>
>>893417
Mating calls sound like screams.
>>
>>893417
>>893419
coulda been fishers. it's been scientifically proven to steal your soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvdzCGjbzw
>>
>>893384
Could be a wild cat. Big Bob cats can make crazy noises
>>
>>893424

Wasn't a fisher, but that's a good sound to know. Apparently they're native to the Pacific mountain ranges which is where I was.
>>
>>892387
>>893051
thats it, mountain lions. not really scary at all honestly, just the closest thing to a spoopy happening in the woods.
>>
I saw a mountain lion in Massachusetts a few days ago.
>>
>>893490
Oh fuck what part of the state? In the last 2-3 years we've had a few sightings around me but not this year. Shit's kinda scary on accound of them being cunning ambush predators.
>>
>>893492
Around Bolton, maybe a bit northeast. I was going to Lowell from Norton. I'm 99% sure it was a Mountain kitty and not a bobcat or a lynx. It was really big, low to the ground, had short ears, a somewhat round face, and it was tan.
>>
>>893500
*Norton to Lowell, whoops.
>>
>>893384
Large cat or dying rabbit would be my guess.
>>
>>893500
Well sheit. Not near me but yeah, it doesn't sound like one.
>>
>>893384
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
I had my first one today. Not terrifying but made me feel uneasy. I was hiking in a park outside of town in south eastern Ohio. I followed a deer trail off into the woods for a while and found an old basement from a house and then some little tombstone looking thing that had nonsese carved into it. Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>893384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxo8X5uIWRE

some dirty cougar was tryna fuk u
>>
>>893417
lots of animals can make noises that sound like screaming women or children
>>
i wetin camin innawood no tent just cape and blanky felt real real vulnerable the hole time innawood was raining and dark but it wasy day time and still dark and mysterious out and walk 10 miles from small town were there were lots of murders the previous year and small inbred people real scary place and walk innawood no gun or anything just my gransfors and walkin feel and sound some really weird sounds like humming the entire time and got to place make the camp and set up in my cape and blanky and make a shelter out of some tree and find some garbage bags on the way in and use that for cover and make camp and keep hearing the humming noise and it real dark and rainy and humming noises so make fire and sit by fire in my cape and blanky with my gransfors and then i fall asleep but i wake up because the humming getting closer and closer so i start running and i rand the innawoods in the dark and rain and the humming getting louder and louder after me and i see a big shadow comming at me but im running and running and i run all the way to the town and then i say to the man what was that humming and he just laughed and told me never to innawood again around here so i have not that was the scariest thing that ever happened to me
>>
>>894994
A nice creepy story.. But bloody hell, am I laughing because of how you wrote that!
>>
>>894994

how da fuck am i a posed to read that
>>
>>894994
Fucking kek, and spoopy.
>>
>>894994
Kek
>>
I have friends who are instructors out in CO. they were about 12 of em out in a park(ill try to remember whats its called, something tree)
anyways
>be out inna woods mapping out area for guided trip
>suddenly see huge green orb
>flies right over their heads, everyone is freaking the fuck out, all 12 of them
>they proceed to sleep in truck they drove out there, all of em crying, thinking they were going to die that night
>they don't die
>they head back out of the Wilderness area and other climbers say they saw the same shit
>a couple days later, the navy proceeds to claim it was there wrong doing,
fucking aliens I swear
>>
>>893051
how did you find out you were being stalked? supposedly by the time you see one its usually too late.
>>
File: IMG_2889.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2889.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Where I live we have lots of mountains, Alaska. I've been to the tops of most all local ones but I always wondered what was at the top of a hill. Most of the mountains have trails but this one was definitely make your own
>>
File: IMG_4561.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4561.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>895900
So I make my way to the top. Took forever because of forest floor and it's just basically bedrock covered in moss and trees. I liked it because I thought no way is anyone ever been here.
>>
File: IMG_4545.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4545.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>895904
So I look at my GPS and start back down. I looked around for a better path because the way I came up sucked when I came across a real bad smell. It wasn't the normal forest decay smell you get once in a while, it was real pungent, not the compost sort of smell. Then I came across this. It was a pile of cut branches about 7 feet long and maybe 5 feet wide
>>
File: IMG_4543.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4543.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>895909
I wish I could take 3D pics because these don't do justice
>>
File: IMG_4583.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4583.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>895910
The smell was definitely coming from whatever was under here. You can kinda tell it's old due to the cut branches changing color. The branches were definitely sawed. No you may ask what was under there. I chickened out. No way did I want to see whatever it was under there. But I did take a GPS screen grab
>>
>>895910
go on
>>
File: IMG_4579.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4579.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>895913
That's it. I actually have come across pet graves before but they are almost always covered with rocks and a little plaque "my hiking buddy sparky" type of thing. I've been looking online to see if anyone has been reported missing and there is to many. I don't know why but I was pretty freaked out about this. It was one of those things where you just get a real bad feeling.
>>
>>895914
And that's it? If you have a bad feeling and too scared to check by yourself, ask someone or call the police...
>>
>>895988
he did the right thing leaving the rot in peace
>>
I thought I heard some wild boars in the tall grass.
>>
>>896319
>murderer based in alaska confirmed
>>
File: cvnp.jpg (132KB, 566x514px) Image search: [Google]
cvnp.jpg
132KB, 566x514px
>>893101
cleveland is the beginning of the appalachian plain.
The hills start essentially along cuyahoga national park.
>>
>>894994
>cape and blanky

Xd
>>
walking through the woods towards an abandoned factory that we know of with gf and 2 friends at midnight, keep hearing footsteps behind us, use our phones as torches because we didnt plan on going that day.

2 spoopy
>>
>>894994
kek
>>
Don't think this story is as spoopy as itg is unnerving.
Go on 3 day canoe/fishing trip down Red River Gorge in KY. The first night I'm all! Snug in my hammonk. Hear some kind of animal scream like its being ravaged, raped, and eaten alive all at once. Thing screams for a couple of seconds then starts to whine. Almost like sobbing. This goes on for a good minute (at least it seemed that long). Ani mal finally goes silent. Im out of my hammock with my 1911 in hand. Whatever the fuck that was it was damn close. My fishing buddies had climbed out of their tents/hammocks as bewildered as I was. We all decided it was just a prey animal meeting a grizzly end but I have never heard any kind of animal whine/sob like that. Rest of trip went great.
>>
>>894994
God dammit Tommy
>>
File: 1479885624621.jpg (318KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1479885624621.jpg
318KB, 1024x683px
>>892365

One time at Scout camp, I found a pair of my boxers behind my tent with a hole chewed in them...
>>
>be me , 2 years ago , mid summer
>go camping for a week in pic related
>everything fine on the first two days
>3rd day , 2 am , hear something heavy fall right outside my tent
>grab my flash light and search , find nothing
>go to sleep , with my knife nearby in case a nigger tries to kill me
>wake up
>look for anything that could've, made that sound
>find a footstep
>boot pattern, but not mine , i had some brazilian military boots and this looked like those boots that people use in snow , with the little spikes on the bottom
>weird , since it was summer
>cook myself lunch , some rice and a steak
>hear a tud right behind me
>jump out of my seat , grabbing my knife as i go up
>nothing , i search around camp for 10 minutes , when i get back , my lunch is gone
>two days later
>find the pair of boots that made the markoutside a lean-to
>nobody inside
>go back to camp
>my stove , my fire kit , and all of my gear that was outside was stolen
>set some traps outside
>middle of night
>hear the trap go off
>i hear someone running
>follow
>he led me to his lean to
>as i look around , i get pushed over , q man is holding a knife and is about to stab me
>a friend of mine was going to surprise me and go to my camp , and hears the fighting
>he throws a rock at the guy
>i find out about a month later the guy was a homeless crack head
>never go back there
>>
File: images.jpg (40KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
40KB, 470x313px
>>898824
>>
you can imagine the sound of excited young children having happy summer time fun laughing and gleefully emitting high pitch yelps . well it's not something you expect to hear deep INNAWOODS. turns out it was the sound of a gigantic branch that was intermittently dangling from a tree when pushed by strong wind.
>>
>>898824
Holy shit, bum knife fight.
>>
I was wild camping in Bosnia-Herzegovina. I slept on a meadow north of Mostar. As I was packing my sleeping bacg the next morning.
>I FOUND A FUCKING LAND MINE
right beneath my sleeping bag.
My heart sank as I realized one wrong turn in that night could have scattered my bodyparts into the surrounding area.
Worse, I was still on that meadow, which was obviously a mine field. The approx. 600 meters to the next road were the most scary ones in my life and took me the whole morning to cross.
>>
Two years ago I was doing research in Africa specifically in Botswana just north of the Limpopo river. A colleague and I were shooting the shit at night around a lamp at a table in the camp. We then heard the distinct growl of a leopard very near to is. We quickly left but the guide to us never to turn you backs and run but to just slowly walk away. The guide said he also heard the growl and that it was close. The next morning we found kitty prints inside the camp.
>>
>>902872
Where do you plan to wildcamp next, suicidanon?

Aleppo?

Trippoli?

Chernobil?

The Democratic Republic of Congo?

Zimbabwe?

Bronx?

So many options!
>>
>>893361
probly coyotes; dont go wondering alone
>>
>>892365
>
1 finding a weed fields
>
2 seeing bones in a tarp
>
3 watching a blue light float straight away from me while camping close to a graveyard
>>
File: roastedinthebellyofasloar.jpg (13KB, 333x218px) Image search: [Google]
roastedinthebellyofasloar.jpg
13KB, 333x218px
>>893098
some guys in british columbia were using bears to guard pot fields.

>>893361
northern-central Albertan here. One time up on the forestry trunk solo camping by north sask river. get set up at dusk and get in tent for some sleep. All night a pack of wolves howling probably less than 50 yards from me.
>MFW

>>893384
mountain lion in heat. sort of like alley cats in heat but much bigger.

Anybody else see strange bright lights rising above mountains? like it looks like someone climbing up a mountain by flashlight but then the light slowly rises up higher than the mountain...
>>
>>903249
yotes don't attack humans
idgaf about one or two instances where they do
>>
File: IMG_4153.jpg (44KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4153.jpg
44KB, 220x293px
Almost stepping on a young boar piglets and hearing the angry sqeek of the mother almost gave me heart attack when I was a kid and the boar ran after me. Never climbed a tree that fast and she left me be after a while and I ran home.

Also i was on a two day trip in my loval forest and on my way home when it was alread dark I picked up my headlamp and was almost 100% sure somebody is following me as I was hearing footsteps. All the time when I was walking and stopped just as I stopped walking. So i turned off my flashlight as the moon was shining quite bright and I quickly ran on the path home. I was holding my knife all the time and turned off the flashlight because I felt like I am a giant lighthouse and the guy(?) can see me. Well I did run like this for a while and was like 3km from home when i wandered to a pic related (not aure how its called in english) and stopped as I wanted to check whether I hear footsteps anymore. And as I glanced at pic related a flashlight blinded me and I jumped a little bit as I really didn't expect anyone to be inside. So I said "hello and wanted to ease myself with talking to this nimrod guy" but he just kept pointung at me with the light and after I said hello for the second time, he switched it off and didn't said a word. So I kept walking pretty fast and got home sound and safe but I was pretty paranoid and retrospectively am not sure if I was being followed but the nimrod scared me shitless and how he was silent was creepy as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_4614.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4614.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I was out deer hunting the other day and went up a ridge, no deer. When I looked at my GPS I sort of went in a big circle to get to where I was. Instead of going back the same way I decided to just zero in where I parked and head straight for that. While walking in the woods it sounded like kids laughing and playing. I was no where near anyone and I drove about 20 miles out of town to get to the good hunting. I hiked to where I heard the noise and came across this rope swing and it was moving. I definitely didn't see anyone or foot prints. I took some pics and got the hell out of there.
>>
>>903734
>Dammit my pics are wrecked
This one was from the other side. This place is so heavily forested and overgrown I can't imagine anyone even remotely being there. What I did notice was some real old moss covered stumps where the trees had definitely been sawed and removed.
>>
File: IMG_4617.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4617.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>903736
>now I forgot pic
>I hate my phone
>>
File: IMG_4616.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4616.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>903737
Here's an old cut stump. I dont know when it was cut but am also wondering when they invented nylon rope because the rope was nylon. Everything about this place was creepy but luckily I at least had a gun on me.
>>
File: IMG_4613.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4613.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>903739
Also it wasn't windy or anything and it didn't move the whole time I was there just when I came up on it.
>>
Bigfoot came out of nowhere and sucked my dick
>>
>>895914
You are being a tease anon. Go back with a friend and weapons and report back to us !
>>
File: DSC_0074.jpg (5MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0074.jpg
5MB, 3840x2160px
This happened fairly recently
>Girlfriends parents have huge property in the middle of bush
>Walk their dogs everyday so i have a good sense of direction where i am there
>One night they have a party
>Always get depressed when i drink so i go for a walk into the bush
>Walk for about 10 minutes before i realise i have no idea where i am
>Noise from the party has stopped and it was completely black and silent
>Decide to turn around and try follow the same way i came
>Nope, Completely lost
>I ended up climbing a tree and falling asleep rather than running around in the dark
>Wake up sometime to some rustling below me
>Too dark to see so i just remain quiet and hope whatever it is isn't dangerous
>After some time it goes away and i manage to fall back asleep
>Wake up in the morning and see human footprints where i heard the sound and scratches on the tree
>Whistle loudly hoping dogs will hear and find me
>Thankfully i see 3 big dogs running towards me and they show me the way back to the house.
>Was about 15 minutes walk away.

Still don't know what happened with the tree or the footprints but i'm not going into the bush again without the dogs.

Pic related is the bush-land from their property
>>
>>895841

why cant americans use their and there properly?
>>
>>904042
You made the footprints while being exhausted and drunk and whatever animal made the noise.
>>
>>904042
next time don't sniff so much petrol, you abo fuck.
>>
>>892365
I used to work at a conservation centre about 4 years ago.

We got a warning from the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) that a paranoid schizo and his "wife" were living in the forest on our property. They hitchhiked from British Colombia and were both severely mentally ill by the sounds of it and the guy was wanted basically for kidnapping his "wife" from the mental hospital, convincing her that medication was evil and living innawoods. Her family wanted her back home and treated.

Well don't I get the shitty job of trail checking for Hogweed, poison ivy, falling branches etc. It was a foggy morning and I see a woman in a FUCKING OLD WEDDING DRESS in the misty woods about 100 metres off trail. She was calmly walking through the woods looking at the sky.

After getting startled, I made note of it and let my supervisor know who informed the Police.

A week later we had a girl guides group camping over and I was in charge of the overnight. The tents were set up in rows in a meadow near the forest. The kids were giggling and shit after lights out when I heard an out of place lady's voice say "GOODNIGHT CHILDREN". I look out my stormflap and see the same lady in a wedding dress standing in the treeline watching our tents. She calmly turned around and went back into the forest.

I went back to the nature center and called the cops as she was trespassing and sort of wanted. Four cops show up and search general area with no luck. I didn't sleep at all.

They were never found.
>>
>>902953
What's an aleppo?
>>
>>904158
There always saying this about people that live their and I just don't get were they are going to.
>>
>>893384
I heard this shit once when I was playing rally driver on a random dirt road in the Angeles Crest Forest when I first got my old Subaru. Scared the everliving shit out of me. If it'd been an actual rally, my drive back up that dirt road would've been the winning time.

Found out later it was probably a mountain lion like >>903256 said.
>>
>>894977
Jesus thats the stuff of nightmares
>>
>>903275
Coyotes will fuck you up. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>905720
They absolutely will not.
>>
>>905721
Maybe one won't, but when they group up they get cocky and are known to even kill bears.
>>
>>905164
An urban camp ground
>>905721
They will harm you and will kill kids and what not but not too life threatening for an adult
>>905723
Wow lad, lay off the juice. They can kill cubs but its likely uncommon and they will never be able to challenge a mature bear
>>
>>903737
>>903739
>>903746

Nigga you need to figure out how to focus your camera, or wait till the camera is actually done snapping before you move it.
>>
>>905720
the fuck they will
as long as you aren't wearing a meat jacket and you come across a pack that isn't starving you'll be okay
>>
>>905720

They probably could if they did

They don't, though
>>
anytime I go hiking in Pennsylvania I seem to end up on some deep backroads meth-country shit. not really that scary but getting lost in weird spots is never fun.

>friend is into cliff-jumping and wants to check out this small waterfall
>gets the most dubious directions imaginable
>actual part of the directions was "turn left a few miles after the overturned dumpster"
>end up lost on miles of dirt roads that don't even appear on my friend's outdated GPS
>every now and then spot rundown houses a few hundred yards off the road, places just surrounded by 4-ft weeds and long grass
>as we get deeper in we starting spotting wooden crosses nailed to the trees (wtf)
>finally get to the place after a small hike, dead silent other than the running water.
>after we leave realize some guy is following us on an atv, he turns around once we hit the main roads

cool spot at least
>>
>Work search and rescue on a small but popular mountain
>Get a call late Fall evening that a couple is lost just below the summit
>911 provides their coordinates so for me it's just as easy as plugging them into my phone and leading them back to the trail
>Just me and an older ranger on, we drive over to the trail head and I go up alone while he runs the base radio for me
>Incredibly foggy out and it's after dark so my flashlight only illuminates about 50~ feet
>Work my way up above treeline, howling wind, probably a steady 30MPH
>Close to the lost party so I start blowing my whistle
>Hear a distant yell
>Make my way towards them
>See a light up on a shelf about 30~ feet away but about 15~ feet above me
>Quickly route around to make it up to the light
>On top of the shelf and... nothing
>Shine my light all around, no sign of the other light
>Yell for them but hear nothing in response
>Low visibility combined with the buffeting wind is really disorienting and I have little to no spatial awareness
>Suddenly become incredibly paranoid, spinning around with my light concerned that I'm about to be ambushed
>Paranoid that the light is making me an easy target I shut it off, move a few feet and crouch down trying to make sense of what's going on
>Nothing
>>
>>906769
>Turn my light on one more time
>Hear a yell
>Turn around and see a light
>It's the guy with his wife
>When he had heard me he had moved up to the shelf to signal to me but otherwise they had been hiding further behind it to get out of the wind
>Lead them back on trail and down the mountain without incident

Nighttime, dense fog and high winds is scary shit, almost claustrophobic
>>
>>904042
>>Wake up in the morning and see human footprints where i heard the sound and scratches on the tree
They were your footprints. The scratches were either there already from an animal or you made them when climbing
>>
A sasquatch told me he didn't fish. I almost shit my pants on the spot.
>>
>>906792
5spookers3me
>>
>>905802
It was cold and a cell phone.
>>
>>892365
A wild hog on the hiking trail in the Sipsey Wilderness in NW Alabama. Really cool place 8/10 would hike again.
>came around the corner and there it was
>maybe 30 yards
>got that oh fuck feeling, heart was pounding
>it didn't care, probably could barely see me but definitely heard me coming
>grunting and rooting around
>suddenly charges full speed into trees off of the trail
Legitimately scared me because it was so close to me, probably could have been on me before I even knew it. I was really surprised how fast it sprinted away
>>
>>903718
a hunters blind
>>
I came upon an odd round clearing (20 yard diameter or so) where the foliage and brush was killed, like poisoned, and there was two rings of stones, one along the periphery and one close to the center.

It was on the extreme fringe of a state forest, far outside of any beaten path.

I've got a picture somewhere.

Felt like I was being watched whilst I was checking it out.

I've been meaning to go back.
>>
>>894994
holy fuck i just cant read that.
>>
One time out for an overnight hike with a friend, gets darker, we get this weird vibe, its worse when ur not alone, gues ppl tend to freak eachother out, hear some noises, figure its boars, set up camp, just a small fire, drink a little, start cracking jokes, suddenly hear kids lauching.. start freaking out, decide to circle around camp, see something coming at me, freak out, comes closer, low kick the shit out of it, hear screaming, crying, turns out i kicked the shit out of an 13 yr old boyscout.. feels bad man..
>>
An ol' coyote came up ta me and i was scared but am not let the weasel best me so i gave em an old one two on the nose an it bit me an ran afterwards.
>>
>>908630
Me again, yes we were armed (hunting season) let this be a lesson tho.. (for me it was) im a 100kg 1.88m guy, felt bad enough bout kicking a kid, imagine if we were trigger happy.. ghosts are not real, court rooms on the other hand..
>>
>>903275
i live in memphis and got pursued by a coyote while I was riding my bike at night near the river. I was pedaling as hard as I possibly could and the motherfucker was just casually loping behind me, just like he was wearing down a lone deer or some shit. It was super uncomfortable being hunted like an animal when I was in a fucking park downtown.
>>
>>908707
I got away by crossing a road and carrying my bike up a flight of stairs to this raised path high on the bluff. The yote definitely sensed my fear since he give chase, and if I stopped I bet the pos would've attacked me.
>>
>>895914
Pussy
>>
>>908708
Should've fought it, you pussy
>>
>grow up in a house next to large forest
>area was developed suburbs, but the forest was untouched because of a small river that made the ground too unstable to build neighborhoods on

this area around the river is pretty big, it was settled early by small-time farmers and never really caught up. there is only one road that goes down into the valley.

>ghost hunters love the place
>call it "peaceful valley"
>lots of old abandoned barns and creepy farm houses
>rumors of a satanist church
>local teens tell stories of satanist activity down there

I didn't know all of this as a kid, when i spent lots of time down in those woods.

cont
>>
>go hiking all the time in the valley
>walk all over the place
>friends and i know of an abandoned farm house
>2 fields, a grain silo, 2 barns, a chicken coop, and the old house
>walk to it one day, friend suggests we explore
>kicks the fucking front door in
>we walk around, part of the top floor is collapsed, everything is trashed
>furniture is still there. everything is in place, even wash cloths in the sink
>like somebody up and left in a hurry
>leave, creeped out

cont
>>
File: fire.jpg (247KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
247KB, 1536x2048px
>one day coming home from school
>see smoke above forest
>run down into woods, follow dirt road towards farm house
>house is burning
>pic related

>weeks later, come back
>another barn has burned down
>arsonist maybe?
>house foundation is still there
>basement is intact but filled with burnt house
>there is a door in the wall
>made of steel, with a safe handle
>friends guess it is a gun safe, so one of us goes home and brings a shovel to pry it open
>we push as hard as we can on the wedged shovel
>open it about 2 inches
>shine flashlight in
>there is another metal door behind the first one

I still don't know what to make of that shit. Someone filled in the foundation a few weeks later.
>>
>>895914
>>895910

Google how to make anaglyphs with 1 camera + photoshop channels. Then man up, go there and come back with 3D skellingtons for us
>>
What exactly is the STALKER challenge? I've played the game, and from the stories I've read you just go camping by yourself overnight with a gun, alcohol, and an instrument. Is that it?
>>
>>893092
>brown bear in east texas
yamkay
>>
>>903275
yeah i dont understand why people get so bothered about em
>>
File: 1394656349143.jpg (1MB, 2524x1302px) Image search: [Google]
1394656349143.jpg
1MB, 2524x1302px
>>909785
this is the only challenge img i have left. cant preview it, posting it because the challenge might be in there
>>
>>903746
i wonder what was the use of that setup. used to hang food while camping, maybe? a sex swing?
>>
>>893101
can't find anything online to confirm Ursus Arctos in Tx. You sure TWPD wasn't talking about Ursus Americanus (black bear?)
>>
>>893060
You in South Carolina by any chance? I had a forestry professor from that part of the country who once mentioned a story about large black cats that were on slave ships to keep the slaves in line. Not sure how true it is, but I can believe it.
>>
>>894994
Same
>>
>>893101
There are brown color phases to black bears and there are some black bears in Ohio. There are not brown (grizzly) bears in Ohio though.
>>
>>893092
If I had read this three years ago, I wouldn't have believed you. But considering that a few years ago, I saw a mountain lion cross a county road at 2:00 a.m.....
It surprised me to a point that I can believe that bears could be here. I had called the game warden not long after that to report it ( I figured one may have escaped from this wildlife refuge called tiger Creek) the warden told me that it hunts deer and other small upland game, and that it has a very big range and will follow prey migrations. He said it isn't the first time he's had reports and has seen a black panther in Bullard about 18 years ago.

Also, where in East Texas?
I live in Tyler, saw the cat in Flint.

>TL;DR I believe this because of having seen a puma in East Texas, and never would have imagined that would ever happen.
>>
>>895914
anyone else see the eye?
>>
>>892365
While not extremely dangerous to us, the high-pitched screech of a bobcat is absolutely bone-chilling. Especially when it's close.
>>
>>909908
>tries to act smart by using scientific names
>capitalises genus and species
>>
>>892365
I spent two weeks out at the lake a couple years ago. I'd ridden up there on my mountain bike, packing only what I could carry. After encountering a few bucks deer, several snakes and a black bear or two (not sure if it was the same one both times), I woke up one night to the most horrific sound I'd ever heard while camping. It was shrill and annoying and went on non-stop for hours. Escape on bike during the night didn't seem feasible, and in order to keep my pack weight down, I didn't bring my gun. I didn't have any other option, except to wait out the night and leave first thing in the morning. I didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night because of that noise. But I guess that's what I get for staying within earshot of RV sites.
>>
>>909177
Fuck anon, I would have been all over trying to figure that shit out.
>>
File: 1481402791473m.jpg (99KB, 829x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481402791473m.jpg
99KB, 829x1024px
>>893361
When I hear "dogs" usually cotes whooping it up on my property I make sure to give out an even louder/longer/fiercer howl to establish my dominance.

They usually immediately cease and I don't hear them for a couple weeks/months depending.

Alpha mentality keeps em in check.
>>
>>892387
>Couple of times i've rode by fairly fresh meth (i'm guessing) ops

this is my #1 fear

I'm anxious about spoops and predators but I'm like 10 times more scared of getting attacked by crazy meth addicts
>>
File: 1425396546359.jpg (14KB, 482x312px) Image search: [Google]
1425396546359.jpg
14KB, 482x312px
>>912854
>>
>>892365
filming this was spooky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5584nCFsYdw
>>
I like hanging nooses deep innawoods just to fuck with people
>>
>>907189
>I've got a picture somewhere
but of course you won't post it
>>
>>892365
>Be me, on a ride along in the mountains (Am a cadet for a large mountain county)
>Get call about squatters in some old house, located in exactly bumfuck nowhere
>Drive up to ratty old cabin destroyed by flood as 2am rolls around
>Roll up and floodlight the front
>Waiting for a few minutes to see if any movement inside
>That moment when the deputy and I both see something
>OhShit.jpg
>Rush out of the car after what we think are some kids squatting
>Follow the movement into the woods nearby shouting to stop
>Movement stops, turns around and roars
>It's a fucking bear. Brown, about 900 lbs
>Hightail it back to the patrol car like the donut shop is closing
>Deputy right behind me
>Jump into the patrol car
>Bear stands up confused
>Waddles off into the woods

Not super scary, but made me nearly shit my pants. I have never run so fast in my life. Have seen bears before, but never chased one down like an idiot.
>>
>>904021
Squatch squirt
>>
File: IMG_4697.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4697.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>904027
I decided to go back. I set the coordinates in my GPS and just hiked straight to it, somewhat sucked but I was pressed for time. It was still there but covered in snow and I couldn't smell anything. It creeped me out again so I got the hell out of there.
>>
>>905943
Deep Sullivan county is beautiful mountain country, a lot of places it's really dark at night, and you can almost never hear the highway
>>
>>915866
boo. should have dig in when everything is frozen, would have been the best time since creepy crawlies are all dead.
>>
>>915866
So is this a dead animal?
>>
>>903718
Jägerstand?
>>
>>905943
>Pennsylvania
>deep backroads meth-country shit
Yeah, that sounds about right.
t. Pennsylvanian
>>
>>902953
Not that difficult in Europe. The old German Democratic Republic heavily mined the former border between the two Germanies and later destroyed most documents. The result is a very dangerous strip of land with several thousand mines in a densely populated region in a high-tech country. And that's just one example. Think about all the bombs during WWII or all the unexploded arti shells of WWI.
Stumbling upon shit like that isn't exactly common, but definitely something you should keep in mind as soon as you leave official trails in Europe...
>>
I was working at a remote site doing research in Northern Saskatchewan. When I say remote I mean the float plane took us out probably 2 hours from the closest cottage or building and dropped me and my partner off on a lake for us to start sampling (we were checking atmospheric deposition of pollutants from various places if you're curious). It was one of the last nights, we were just chilling in our cook tent, playing cards. Then off in the distance we hear this awful, horrifying human scream. Like someone who was dying horribly, waaaay off somewhere in the distance. We sat phoned the bush pilot and he said he'd pick us up the next day if we wanted, but we stayed and finished up our project, somehow.
They didn't do a search because it would have been nearly impossible to find someone out there, and nobody was even missing. To this day I can still recall that sound perfectly, I never want to hear anything like it again.
>>
this is not a very good story
>fishing a fairly remote resovoir few months back in southern PA alone
>hear what sounds like a big man stomping threw the leaves on the hill behind me. maybe 200 yards at most
>i have seen people here before but not often and no cars around when i came in on the only road and havent heard any more come
>still assume its a person
>start hearing big ass rocks being rolled down the hill, like hundred pound rocks at least
>still assume its a person
>rustling leaves sound gets closer very gradually
>start hearing a different sound, hard to describe. like a bird beating its wings but deeper.
>no longer think its a person
>start making noises and yelling because i had heard black bears usually run when they know people are around
>noises still getting closer
>i am a total pussy and beyond spooped at this point
>grab a big stick and quickly sharpen the end of it
>charge up to the trail yelling at the top of my autism with my 3 foot stick and hunting knife
>dont see anything
>no sounds for a long time also not catching anything so pack my shit up and head back to my truck
>there is now a giant pile of some kind of huge animal shit on the trail that wasnt there before. black and full of seeds
>look up bear shit later.
>it was bear shit.
never saw the fucker but he definitely knew i was there and kept coming closer. i wonder if he shit on the trail because he knew i'd go that way.
>>
>>918039
side not i know now to not charge at bears like a retard.
>>
>>911020
30.355126, -97.747225

saw a black panther crossing the highway here back in 2010.
>>
Weird not spoopy.

>Be deep innawoods
>With cousin + gf's
>2 day hike to get to main campsite.
>Great time hiking, camping and doing wilderness shit.
>Settle in for night and set up campsite.
>Just about to cook up dinner. Standing around talking shit and doing some food prep.
>Hear noise near edge of camp. Sounds like a cough.
>We all look up and see middle age white guy wearing a black business type suit walking towards us on trail that we just took.
>He was a bit overweight (bit of a gut), balding, had modern rimless glasses on and was holding a piece of bright green rag in his left hand.
>He says a cheery "Hello there friends."
>Keeps on walking at a brisk past camp and off into woods on the faint trail.
>He had no backpack or any gear with him
>We were like WTF?!!
>Stood there looking at each other for a few minutes.
>Go over to trail and see footprints that petered out after about 50 yards. Footprints looked like street shoes, not hiking boots.
>Anxious night discussing WTF happened.
>No sign whatsoever of suit man.
>Rest of trip was no problems, but just a sense of unease about our visitor.
>>
>>918119
it took you two days to set up camp at a metropolitan area park? what drugs?
>>
File: Missing411.jpg (107KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
Missing411.jpg
107KB, 466x640px
>tfw forest story spoop you
>tfw Listening to Missing 411 interviews made it worse

My brother spent several months hiking in Montana. He told me park rangers have tons of spooky stories, but I could pry any out of him.
>>
>>915866
can you do anything right?
>>
>>909177
Probably an airlock to a saferoom/bunker
>>
File: 20161124_163459[2].jpg (660KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_163459[2].jpg
660KB, 1280x960px
Posted these in a thread a while back. I was hiking down in this dry river bed area and I came across this pile of woman's clothing with an empty tall boy can next to it. Snapped a couple pictures, sniffed around for hints of a rotting corpse, then hiked out a different way than I hiked in. I then came across some "police line do not cross" yellow tape over this alternate, more well-known entrance to the forest.

I was debating whether or not I should go tell the police what I found, but ended up deciding against it because I didn't want to risk getting arrested for trespassing or crossing that police line or whatever.
>>
File: 20161124_163504[1].jpg (771KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20161124_163504[1].jpg
771KB, 1280x960px
>>918575
Different angle.
>>
>>918575
you're a complete retard, you could have helped them solve a murder
>>
>>893074
Can't wait for the guy who has been making up stories since the days of GameFAQs paranormal forum.
>>
>>909890
Looks like a boatswain's chair.
>>
>>918576
>>918575
Aw shite guy, you could have come onto some fucked shit. You should like say something.
>>
>>913129
Crater Lake, Oregon is the worst for this shit. NEVER camp outside there. 1-2 miles off trails dead bodies are somewhat regularly found, grow ops and labs pop up occasionally as well.
>>
>>908636
Just so started packing heat after a mtn lion encounter and actually am more afraid of this than the bears etc. Tfw having to explain your actions to a jury that never goes /out/ and has already decided you're guilty.
>>
>>914040
keked at "like the donut shop is closing"

why run down squatters if they're already running away tho?
>>
>>917863
what'd you find re: the atmospheric deposition of pollutants?
whenever i see glaciers or fossils in sandstone, all i can think about is the loss of history, and the kind of legacy we're leaving. is any wilderness "pristine" anymore?
>>
>>919397
On a macro level I concur were effed, but go to any national forest and stray off the beaten path for an hour. I can guarantee that I've been places no human has ever scene before or since.
>>
>>913125
>Local man arrested for growling at neighbor's dogs, urinating on fence and humping strangers
>"Gotta establish that alpha dominance"
>>
>>893092
Brown bear is east texas!?
Needs me some details there friendo
>>
>>918140
any idea how legit?

I've listened to a couple podcasts and seen a lot of skepticism.
haven't looked into it at all really
>>
>>908707
>>>903275
>i live in memphis

fuck off nigger. This never happened. It was one of your pit bulls.
>>
File: 1427609274640.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1427609274640.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>smelly hippie 'friends' want to go commune with nature
>they don't like guns but they also don't want to die in the night so they ask me to come
>I take any excuse to go innawoods because I hate going alone so whatever
>we're out dicking around for most of the day, hanging out by streams and shit
>relocating to next druidic bullshit location when I see two biker looking fellas with rifles low ready ahead, moving straight towards us
>thiswasnotinthebrochure.png
>tell everyone to shut up and hang tight, walk over to them
>these upstanding gentlemen inform me we're tresspassing on their private property and that we had best go right back the way we came
>know for an absolute fact that we are on public land
>know for an absolute fact that I should keep that to myself too
>smile and apologize, turn the group around and boogie the hell out of there
>tell them it was probably a drug operation and that it would be in our best interests to forget we saw anything
>setting up camp for the night
>no fire so as not to offend gaia
>being the mall ninja that I am I'm playing around with my NVG, scanning the treeline, not actually expecting to find shit
>see a fucking IR laser pointing into the ground about 120 meters out, not moving
>smooth operating, dickhead
>this laser appears to be coming out of a fucking shrub
>knowing that shrubs have no need for any sort of laser I deduce that bugging the fuck out would be a brilliant move
>inform the tie dye committee
>one of them shouts "We should call the police!"
>my actual face when
>NVG shows the bush is now aiming in our general direction
>tell the hippies to fucking run if they want to live
>out of woods in record time
>queen hippie asks why I didn't shoot at them while one of them calls the cops
>inform her that I had no intention of getting in a gunfight with what may have very well been way more than one guy or just a random hunter
>never invited on hippie trips again, not that I'd accept
Fuck going innawoods with idiots.
>>
>>920662
It wasn't the hippies' fault, as I see it. You were just unlucky.
Hell of an experience, tho.
>>
>>913953
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>911020
What is the difference between a maintain lion, puma and a black panther?
>>
>Gold prospecting in Talladega National Forest, eastern Alabama
>Tacoma, lifted, 4wd, sure I can go down this trail, just fold in the mirrors
>Finished up for the the day, packing up, go to do the three point turn to back out
>Proceed to dig myself up to the axles in a mud hole, no way out, even with come-alongs
>"hey new gf, we're gonna have to spend the night in the woods (she wasn't happy)
>about 3 am see bright blue lights flashing through the woods, almost like rednecks with flash lights looking for ass to rape
>eventually made it out (another story)
>contacted a local firefly researcher at a local university. Apparently what I saw was a rare species of firefly that shouldn't even be there.
>Didn't get a wink of sleep that night, holding my pistol while my gf slept in my lap
>>
>>921148
Puma, mountain lion, cougar, catamount etc. are all the same -Puma concolor. Black cougars have never been proven to exist.
Black Panthers are melanistic variant of any Panthera Species. In Asia and Africa they are Leopards in Central America and South America they are Jaguars.
>>
>>921183
Thanks man!
>>
>>895841
There's a name for this. It's some kinda meteorological thing.

>>895912
>>895910
This sounds like a bear cache.
>>
>>921183
>Puma, mountain lion, cougar, catamount etc. are all the same
That's right
>Puma concolor. Black cougars have never been proven to exist.Black Panthers are melanistic variant of any Panthera Species.
The puma concolor is a cougar, but is another specie of black puma at least here in mexico called panther
>in Central America and South America they are Jaguars
The jaguars are another specie not pumas concolor or at least I remember that
>>
>>922137
>Black Panthers are melanistic variant of any Panthera Species. In Asia and Africa they are Leopards in Central America and South America they are Jaguars.

Re-read it.

There are only 5 extant species in the Panthera Genus World wide. The only genus of Panthera in the Americas is Panthera Onca aka Jaguar. Of which can have a melanistic (black) form.

The Jaguarundi (Puma Genus Not Panthera) has a back color morph and is endemic to Central and South America. They are noticeably smaller than the Cougar.

Melanistic Bobcats (Lynx Rufus) have been captured in Flordia.

So while there are Melanistic Cats in Central & South America. None are Cougars. While the regional names for a specific cat may very well be "Panther" there is only one Species within the entirety of the Americas is Panthera Onca.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanism#In_felines
>>
>>911014
And there's no cougars in Ontario. Thanks, friendly MNR poster.
>>
>>909811
I really hate how a poorfag mad that image and included the price into shit. Like the detroit one where you have to make a bag for 20 bucks, weapon included. Thats fucking retarded. Im bringing a fucking handgun at the very least and more than likely a rifle as well.

Someone needs to redo that image and update the info and make it less retarded.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (7KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7KB, 232x217px
>>905164
Pic related.
>>
>>918574
that makes a certain amount of sense.

my friend found an molding on the wall of the house and looked up the company that built that extension. He found out that they went under in the 70s, they could have done the extension and a bunker during the cold war.
>>
I got one.
>Be a few years back
>In the deep dark hills of eastern Kentuc- Arkansas
>Finally decide to take that camping trip I've been thinking about all year
>Fast forward 2 days
>Check in at ranger station and head out on the trail.
>Absolutely beautiful day for a walk.
>Had planned to be out for 3 days, sleep in my car and head home the next morning
>Trip ended up being a day and a half.
>Hike til about mid afternoon and end up at what was originally the first campsite I'd stay at. at mile marker 9.
>Upon arriving at the campsite I dropped my pack and had a look around
>Walk around a small grove of trees separating the campsite and notice a tent on the ground.
>Walk up to it.
>Tent was completely trashed but the tent stakes were still in the ground
>There was a sleeping bag half in the tent and half out
>No other gear around
>Pick up part of the tent and look around inside of it
>Neither it nor the sleeping bag was wet which was odd because it rained the night before last
>Look around and get a really bad feeling about the whole situation.
>Meth head and bear senses tingling
>Meth head bear senses on fire also
>Decide to nope out to what was originally my second planned site 6 more miles away.
>Dragging ass into camp because my dumb ass thought 45lbs was a goof weight to carry.
>Set up my tent and immediately fall in it.
>Got up right before dark to cook dinner and then got right back in the tent
>Still sketched out about the tent and sleeping bag from earlier
>Lay awake all night, spoop'd out of my mind at every little movement
>Next morning I packed my shit while it was barely light out and hiked the last 7.5 miles of the trail like I was mad at it.

Went to return my pass to the ranger station and told them about the tent situation. Said there was nobody else that had checked in with them for the past couple days and hikers in the week before didn't mention anything about it. To this day I'm still weirded out about it.
>>
Nothing much being in West Texas, just methave heads and Mexican drug runners. Had an odd coyote every once in a while but other than that nothing to seroius.
>>
>>924564
Is that fucking Vermin Supreme with Gary Johnson?
>>
>>905032
They were never real, anon. And you were never inna-those-woods. You're currently at that same mental hospital and it's computer hour. Don't you remember? ;^)
>>
>>892365
Getting attacked by a very pissed off moose on Isle Royale count?
>>
>>893098
Black bears come in more colors than black.
>>
>>894994
feels like I'm readin As I Lay Dying
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.