[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zion National Meme Park

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: joebraun_narrows01.jpg (249KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
joebraun_narrows01.jpg
249KB, 800x534px
Alright /out/, I have a few questions about Zion. I want to go for 3-4 days, and will probly take my gf with me.

Here are my questions:
1. Is it cold in December? I plan on going sometime between the 11th-17th. Will it be full on snow and low temps? What additional geat would you suggest?

2. I'm thinking of taking West Rim trail to Angel's Landing, and then Emerald Pools. Since I'll have a guest, I'll probly stay in one of the lodges on the scenic trail. Anyone have any experience around these areas?

3. Do I really need water shoes for the Narrows? I have a pair of merrel sandals - would those work?

4. Once again, since I have a guest, I will probably not be able to hike back to my car on West Rim. Is there Uber or something like that to give us a ride back up there?

5. Any other general tips welcome
>>
>>892349
I have decent gear, and will probably carry most of everything.

Here is a a shit list:
Atmos AG 65L
MSR pocket rocket + fuel
1 pot to cook
MSR water filter forgot the name
Nalgenes
z-lite
a stupid compressible sleeping bag that has a zipper that only works when it wants to
REI Half dome 2 tent
good boots
merrel sandals
im good about packing food and meals
meme mora knife that i never use and probly wont take
iodine tabs
lighter

this is all the shit i usually take backpacking when i go for 3-4 nights

what else do you think i need

my gf will be sharing my shit, but she willl be carrying my old 45L pack, and her own sleeping bag and sleeping pad
>>
>>892349
>>892351
are you familiar with the environment
>>
File: DSC_1105.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1105.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
Narrows probably going to have flood warning in December or too high, but who knows you could get lucky. I used my normal shoes (NB Minimus) with no socks and was fine. I'd do neoprene socks if it was cold. West Rim to Angels Landing is good, so is Emerald Pools. Hard to go wrong. IDK anything about camping in the park I camped in BLM outside the park off Kolob Reservoir Road.
>>
I'd recommend watershoes for the narrows because of the rugged river bottom and the side canyons you will want to explore.

I'd also recommend exploring the canyons north of route 9 in the east part of the park. It's less visited and different from the rest of the park: not so much canyons as huge slabs of rock.
>>
File: littlewildhorse.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
littlewildhorse.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>892359
Flood warning in December? More like a fucking ice warning. Hypothermia is a real concern in any of the slot canyons (or creeks/rivers) during the winter months. You can go the entire day and not see the sun. The Narrows would be a poor choice without a lot of warm clothing and some neoprene socks.

>>892349
Zion can be very pleasant in December during the day. It is generally bitterly cold at night though and anywhere in the shade. Because of how steep the canyons are there are lots of trails (like Angels Landing) that hold snow that gets packed to ice in the winter. Check with the visitor center and/or bring some yaktrax. Just do part of the West Rim as an out and back from the canyon floor. It's very feasible as a dayhike. Consider some dayhikes on the east side of the park too.
>>
>>892349
Have fun at disneyland, please make sure to return to California and stay there until you are given another travel permit.
>>
>>892349
the fact that you are unable to look up average temperatures is telling that you shouldn't go. The rest just leads me to believe its the first time you've ever left the city or a troll. Either way google . com
>>
>>892412
>>892421
Jeez what a bunch of wet blankets
>>892391
Thanks
>>
>>892440
wet blanket? is that a meme about pacific coast camping? stay in california and out of America
>>
Probably gonna be the most autistic thing said in this thread
Is it as nice as it is in new Vegas?
>>
>>892445
newer, think disney land meets grand canyon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.